Will there be anymore signings before the Gills game?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

brownie4583

1 Chrissy Wilder
Reaction score
Do you think there will be anymore additions to the squad before the Gillingham game?
I would like a couple,at least 1 centre half if possible.

One would hope so. I think there's very few of us that don't agree that we need at least one centre back, preferably two.

Ideally, I'd like us sign a really good keeper too. I like George but think we could do with loaning him out again to get more experience. I don't rate Howard and his dead ball kicking is frankly dreadful.

I reckon we could use the loan market or NA might see how the first few games pan out and make signings before the deadline. I'd hope we might do something before the first game but there's very little time now.

I think most have been in agreement since mid last season that two centre backs need to be signed and that's not changed. I would be dissapointed should we go into the first game without signing at least one, as I think there's been ample time to sort something out whether it be a loan or permanent but we definitely need CB's and fast. That said I will ultimately reserve any precise judgement till 8th of August when we see first hand what we have at our disposal.

Do you think there will be anymore additions to the squad before the Gillingham game?
Tbh, it doesn't really matter what I think. I honestly have no idea if we will.
That's all I can add to this thread without repeating stuff I've already posted.

I'm starting to think he's thinking Collins, McEveley, K Wallace and a few fillers will do him at centre half.

I also think we'll have one or two more centre halves before the end of August when he realises he called it wrong.

Whilst l hope we sign at least 1 CB, I also expect that we will be far more attacking and score more goals this season.

Last season we spent so much time faffing around going sideways that the defence inevitably came under more pressure and therefore more scrutiny.

Hopefully, the ball won't spend much time in our half this season

Whilst l hope we sign at least 1 CB, I also expect that we will be far more attacking and score more goals this season.

Last season we spent so much time faffing around going sideways that the defence inevitably came under more pressure and therefore more scrutiny.

Hopefully, the ball won't spend much time in our half this season

We tried scoring our way out this league under Wilson and it didn't work. Clough was the other extreme. I'm sure Adkins knows what is needed but will not be panic buying.

I'm starting to think he's thinking Collins, McEveley, K Wallace and a few fillers will do him at centre half.

I also think we'll have one or two more centre halves before the end of August when he realises he called it wrong.

The way its going i think you are right . A new CB may arrive but will be a season long loan . This could be the best bet , if he ticks all the boxes . As someone else said , we are looking more confidant and balanced . Its helped to concentrate the mind with having wins under the belt and Che being on fire .

As long as this doesn't cover up any cracks , short term.

UTB

I personally feel he will be signing at least 1 maybe two CBs either permanently or season long loans. He's already said 'goals win you games, defences win you championships'

Whether the signings are before the season statrs remains to be seen ( I will be disappointed if not at least one is)

The defence we have at the minute will not win us the championship and may put us at risk of losing out on the autos.

I liken a good defence to a goal keeper. A decent one will cost you 10-15 pts over a season a great one will gain you 10-15pts.

Our defence at the minute is decent but a few injuries or if the goals dry up for a period will start to cost us points.

NA knows this as do the board.... I trust this area will be rectified.

UTB!

A new CH or two would be nice of course but we have limited resources, and it's up to the management team to allocate as best they see fit.

3rwg61.jpg

I wish NA would make it public that he realises we need centre-backs. If only he could mention it repeatedly every time he is asked about recruitment. Something like "We know where our problems are. We didn't score enough..and we conceded too many".

As it is, it remains a real mystery as to whether our multi-promotion winning manager actually understands that we need central defenders. Perhaps someone should tell him.

Personally, I can't see any real possibility that he's identified the player(s) he wants and that negotiations are ongoing....

I wish NA would make it public that he realises we need centre-backs. If only he could mention it repeatedly every time he is asked about recruitment. Something like "We know where our problems are. We didn't score enough..and we conceded too many".

As it is, it remains a real mystery as to whether our multi-promotion winning manager actually understands that we need central defenders. Perhaps someone should tell him.

Personally, I can't see any real possibility that he's identified the player(s) he wants and that negotiations are ongoing....

After the Newcastle game Adkins did say "whose to say I haven't been working on bringing in a central defender" or words to that effect.

Southampton signed one yesterday, just maybe they have one spare now. WBA signed one too. Clubs are sorting out their squads.

TBF if we had not had the stuffing knocked out of us due to the CE affair it would have worked. We would have picked up the points needed to go up automatically if things had panned out differently.

This is one argument but he did play when the pigs took 4 points off us. When Charlton did the double. When Huddersfield Oldham, Walsall, Carlisle and Exeter scored 3 or more against us and took points off us. 14 times that season we conceded two or more in a game. Evans being sent down wasn't the reason we never went up.

This is one argument but he did play when the pigs took 4 points off us. When Charlton did the double. When Huddersfield Oldham, Walsall, Carlisle and Exeter scored 3 or more against us and took points off us. 14 times that season we conceded two or more in a game. Evans being sent down wasn't the reason we never went up.

He was on absolute fire. It's impossible to say we would have gone up, but Jesus, I'd have bet my left ass on it

He was on absolute fire. It's impossible to say we would have gone up, but Jesus, I'd have bet my left ass on it

Not just him, the whole team was on a fine run also. When he was sent down, it didn't just remove the division's best striker from our team, it had a massive effect on morale. Had he been sidelined through injury, I think the rest of the squad would have scraped over the line. The circumstances just knocked the wind out of everyone's sails. And yes, I know this has been done to death and takes the thread away form its intended direction!

If we get Harlee Dean that's enough for me. I think George Long may well be ready

Any rumours or suggestions we're going to get anyone else in? It's awfully quiet at the moment, and with a week to go I'm more than a little concerned about the CB situation.

if you like signings go and support Watford i think its about 50 signings in the last 4 years now 10 this summer. lol

If we get Harlee Dean that's enough for me. I think George Long may well be ready

Really?

He can now:

Command his area?
Deal competently with crosses!
Position himself properly?
Exercise proper judgement as to whether to come off his line or stay put?

A remarkable transformation. Well done, Local George.

Any rumours or suggestions we're going to get anyone else in? It's awfully quiet at the moment, and with a week to go I'm more than a little concerned about the CB situation.

I've just had a quick word with NA. He hadn't appreciated there was a problem and wasn't going to bring anyone in. That's why he hasn't mentioned the need to recruit defenders at all since he's been here.

He says now you've mentioned it he's had a re-think and will crack on with it straight away...

I'd expect at minimum one center half, I'm surprised we haven't got one in yet I guess Adkins likes what we have got so far in that position.

Back
Top Bottom