Wilder's post match comments about transfers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ricky

Banned
Reaction score

(He said he expects us to sign a right sided centre half and a wide player)

Will be interesting to learn the identity of these two players we're supposedly close to signing.

In an ideal world it'll be Webster & Colclough.

In reality it'll be Tweedle dum & tweedle dee.

So whose the centre half then?
FFS I hope we aren't panicking and scraping the barrel
Deep breathe

No centre mid? Has Lavary not been brought in as a wide player?

I'm not particularly comfortable with Basham but if he picks up an injury we've got nowt. CM more important than a wide player for me.

My guess is that Wilder sees the one up top and the one behind between Sharp, Clarke, Done and Lavery with the wide player options between Duffy, Chapman, Scougall and the new wide player we're going to sign tomorrow. Wilder wants two in every position doesn't he My guess is that Lavery will start up top, relegating Done to the bench but that probably won't happen yet because Lavery hasn't played this season.

No centre mid? Has Lavary not been brought in as a wide player?

I'm not particularly comfortable with Basham but if he picks up an injury we've got nowt. CM more important than a wide player for me.

And everybody else. Apart from Wilder it seems.

Relying on Basham as our solid, consistent type in midfield is idiotic.

And what did we get in the Dictionary Corner?

"We got fuck-all Richard"

hqdefault.jpg

Alf Spunct - signing from PSV HindeHouse

#ITK

And everybody else. Apart from Wilder it seems.

Relying on Basham as our solid, consistent type in midfield is idiotic.

Suurprised its anther wide man. But I don't know if I fully agree with a lack of options.

We have whiteman . I know he is untested but I like the looks of him

Coutts has now shown he's not a complete busted flush too. Reed can also play there

Will we be accusing the wonderful Board of Directors this time tomorrow for NOT showing enough ambition?

(What a fuckin' stupid question that is....)

The managers brain is missing. It has been consumed by a particularly resilient strain of CJD in the Bramall Lane cow-pies.
Impressed equally by Coutts tracking-back & tough-tackling and Bashams marauding runs & defence-splitting passes , the last-remaining neurone decided against improving the centre of a pedestrian midfield.
Replacing that as a priority are 2 season-defining mistakes by what's left of his CNS:
1. Getting a LW , when Lavery or Duffy or Chapman could have played there;
2. Getting a CB , when Basham ought to be adequate there , despite being useless in midfield.
Games are run by a quality midfield.
We will not be running many games this season.

The managers brain is missing. It has been consumed by a particularly resilient strain of CJD in the Bramall Lane cow-pies.
Impressed equally by Coutts tracking-back & tough-tackling and Bashams marauding runs & defence-splitting passes , the last-remaining neurone decided against improving the centre of a pedestrian midfield.
Replacing that as a priority are 2 season-defining mistakes by what's left of his CNS:
2. Getting a CB , when Basham ought to be adequate there , despite being useless in midfield.

You know what's even worse?

It will usually be a two man central midfield - and Basham will always be one of them.

Hopefully we can be within 40 points of the leaders by January.

Did you apply for the managers job.....Possibly not.. However you obviously have a great football knowhow. How do they do in training?
Its a bit scary after buying so many players in such a short time but still not gelling them into a title winning side.
Know where youre coming from. Football management is soooooo easy.

With a new CB who drops out, personally think Wilson and O'connell have both been good so far

Wouldn't there be much more sense in considering our wide options to be Lavery and Duffy, ably supported by Scougall, Chapman and adding Brooks? Up top we have Sharp, who will nearly always play, Clarke and Done who are genuine senior first teamers plus Lavery and Calvert-Lewin as options.

We all agree the much needed option is a strong right sided centre half. But surely to goodness the next one is a central midfielder? Streets ahead of another wide option. In fact another left back is greater priority than left wing as currently our best option there is to use the guy Wilder intended as first choice left centre back.

Hope we are not going to cock this up not for the usual we tried reasons but for the new 'we tried, we succeeded but we got the wrong ones'.

Two games ago he wanted a fast paced forward, a right centre back, a midfielder and possibly a left back. Since then he's signed one pacey forward, his left back got hooked at half time and we now are neither in for a left back nor midfielder and we are in for a winger after both Scougall and Brooks have impressed there.

Am I the only one who is confused here?

Basham and Coutts won't score or create goals and if Wilder utilises those as his midfield for the season he'll lose his record of not getting sacked anywhere.

Think it's universally agreed we need another CH.

Most people would say we need another midfielder.

That said I'm expecting no one as I predicted in May we'd still be pissing around on deadline day for signings and we all know how that goes.

Will we be accusing the wonderful Board of Directors this time tomorrow for NOT showing enough ambition?

(What a fuckin' stupid question that is....)

Unless they deliver for tufty to bring in another 4 today ....... yes !! o_O

UTB & FTP

Wouldn't there be much more sense in considering our wide options to be Lavery and Duffy, ably supported by Scougall, Chapman and adding Brooks? Up top we have Sharp, who will nearly always play, Clarke and Done who are genuine senior first teamers plus Lavery and Calvert-Lewin as options.

We all agree the much needed option is a strong right sided centre half. But surely to goodness the next one is a central midfielder? Streets ahead of another wide option. In fact another left back is greater priority than left wing as currently our best option there is to use the guy Wilder intended as first choice left centre back.

Hope we are not going to cock this up not for the usual we tried reasons but for the new 'we tried, we succeeded but we got the wrong ones'.

Two games ago he wanted a fast paced forward, a right centre back, a midfielder and possibly a left back. Since then he's signed one pacey forward, his left back got hooked at half time and we now are neither in for a left back nor midfielder and we are in for a winger after both Scougall and Brooks have impressed there.

Am I the only one who is confused here?

Scougal hasn't impressed anywhere apart from running a lot ......

No end product, too lightweight for this Division .....

UTB & FTP

Back
Top Bottom