Players giving their shirts away

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bladetteest1976

Reaction score
Has anyone’s children ever been given a shirt by a player after a game?? My son’s been trying to get one for ages but not managed it yet. He was heartbroken today when quite a few gave them away to fans near us in the south stand but he didn’t get one. Our season tickets are in the kop, he’s made a sign and it just never seems to get noticed.

Sounds crazy but does anyone have any tips on how to maybe get one? Lad was so upset today 🥲

Has anyone’s children ever been given a shirt by a player after a game?? My son’s been trying to get one for ages but not managed it yet. He was heartbroken today when quite a few gave them away to fans near us in the south stand but he didn’t get one. Our season tickets are in the kop, he’s made a sign and it just never seems to get noticed.

Sounds crazy but does anyone have any tips on how to maybe get one? Lad was so upset today 🥲
This “give me your shirt” thing needs to stop.

embarrassing 🫣

Parody post??

I sit on Ss near dugout and every week usually 2 children with a sign but never get a shirt, today there were about 7 , don't think any of players gave shirts away. All walked down tunnel looking fed up. It's time the signs stopped so no one gets left out if a player does decide to give there shirt away. It was embarrassing today.

I have the same problem. Every Saturday morning I go to Meadowhall and stand outside Hollisters with a sign asking for a spare shirt. I’ve put glitter on and drawn the managers face on it, the lot. And not one member of staff has ever brought me one out, despite multiple other people walking out with them every week - they even put them in BAGS for them!!!

I have the same problem. Every Saturday morning I go to Meadowhall and stand outside Hollisters with a sign asking for a spare shirt. I’ve put glitter on and drawn the managers face on it, the lot. And not one member of staff has ever brought me one out, despite multiple other people walking out with them every week - they even put them in BAGS for them!!!
Try putting on 5stone and standing there topless.

Best tip I can give, since I don’t have kids is to explain that life isn’t always about what you get and explain, in a blades context that whilst right now we’re in the top division, the life of a blade can have its ups and downs.

Life isn’t easy and even with hard work, endeavour and desire… you may not get what you want.

But explain that with hard work, discipline, focused and the ability to not be downhearted when things aren’t always going well, but to keep going. They’ll grow up knowing the value of hard work and appreciating everything that comes their way.

They may not get a players shirt, but they could get to be the player giving the shirt to a young kid one day. Knowing the value of giving something earned by hard work is better than begging for something.

Hope this helps

Best tip I can give, since I don’t have kids is to explain that life isn’t always about what you get and explain, in a blades context that whilst right now we’re in the top division, the life of a blade can have its ups and downs.

Life isn’t easy and even with hard work, endeavour and desire… you may not get what you want.

But explain that with hard work, discipline, focused and the ability to not be downhearted when things aren’t always going well, but to keep going. They’ll grow up knowing the value of hard work and appreciating everything that comes their way.

They may not get a players shirt, but they could get to be the player giving the shirt to a young kid one day. Knowing the value of giving something earned by hard work is better than begging for something.

Hope this helps
Or, ignore Lord Siralansugarman and drop a tenner into DH Gate and realise his dream...

Or, ignore Lord Siralansugarman and drop a tenner into DH Gate and realise his dream...
Yeah there’s that option as well. I’ll need to get the ones I nicked off begging kids today onto Bookface market place for £100

Slap his arse and give him summat to rooer for

Not as upset as I was when I stood for hours outside a bank asking people to give me £20 notes and got nothing.

I know when Wilder was here first time round, there was a policy whereby any player coming back to the dressing room without their match shirt, got a £50 fine.

Seems reasonable 😉

Back
Top Bottom