We've got Notts County in the JPC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As Bobby Darin once sang " I`ll be there " choose which ever day it is. :)

give-a-fuck-o-meter.gif

32,000 roaring the lads on, under the lights. All desperate for us to get to Wembley & see this beauty lofted skywards by Cap'n Jay -

;) Seriously though, nice to see us at home in this for once.

Always have good games v Notts co being drawn at home worries me as we never won at home in JPT Played 2 Lost twice to Bradford & Hartlepool (weirs final game)

Always have good games v Notts co being drawn at home worries me as we never won at home in JPT Played 2 Lost twice to Bradford & Hartlepool (weirs final game)

We won at home in 1984 v Bradford.

Just another match to give the fringe players a run out.

Can anyone confirm this ?

Am away so can't make Notts C game and don't want to waste my freebie !!!!

UTB
Im the same, go to Spain on the 3rd for two weeks and dont want to waste mine either.

Sorry for the notification. As you will no doubt be expecting an answer now!

We won at home in 1984 v Bradford.

Good knowledge I didnt know we partaken in the this competition before we got relegated back in 2011 as Im only 98 onwards

Can anyone confirm this ?

Am away so can't make Notts C game and don't want to waste my freebie !!!!

UTB

Yeah its if understand correctly 1st home game in fa cup (now were out of league cup) up to & including 3rd rd

Just another match to give the fringe players a run out.
It won't be just fringe players if we reach the northern final and then Wembley, which as I've said before I believe we will, and I also think that Adkins would like to win this competition again (as he did with Southampton) for the following reasons:
1 Yes, it's a chance to give fringe players a competitive game, with less pressure than in the League Cup or FA Cup. Can also boost their confidence (e.g. Long at Hartlepool).
2 Not just fringe players, though – as we saw last week, with Flynn and Kennedy, it gives players returning from injury a competitive game to get back to match fitness.
3 Penalty shoot-out practice. See last Tuesday.
4 It doesn't matter that much if we lose, but it's always nice to win.
5 Has no one noticed that we haven't exactly been overflowing with silverware in the last however many decades? It might be a tinpot trophy, but winning it would be good for the morale of the club, the players and the fans, and could be habit-forming. This is what I think Adkins thinks too.
6 It would be a good day out at Wembley for us. I'm looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom