Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U21 v Colchester United (h)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ball_Sup (Phil)

Reaction score
There's a game at Bramall Lane this afts (Tuesday 2 May) at 2pm. v Colchester United in the last home match of the U21 regular season.

I understand the Professional Development League North Trophy and Medals will be presented at the end.

Streaming you say? We've asked them not to. Too many armchair fans getting eyes on, and knowledge of, Academy players is really eating into our Twitter & Blog revenue streams.

We're hoping to be granted a period of exclusivity.

A few of my thoughts about the match. I am no Phil btw!

Firstly I feel this is a very well coached set of players. They all seemed to know their role and their part in the system (3 at the back as the first team).

Working through the team with my impression of each of them.

Faxon. Very little to do in the net but did cause their goal. Faffing around at the back and passed to one of their players.

The back three all played well (Pitan, Freckleton and Barratt). All kept good shape and limited Colchester to scraps. Of the three I thought Pitan looked the most comfortable.

Sachdev. I am a fan of his and have heard goods things about his application and attitude. The first half he seemed of the pace and got caught in possession several times. Second half much better.

Buyabu. Other wingback. Best of the back five for me. Fast and good coverer. Got forward frequently and more often than not got his cross in. Good engine.

Arblaster. Holding midfielder and makes us tick. They tried marking him but he often escaped. Good range of passing and covers a lot of ground.

Peck. Played well and got better as it went on. Not as dominant as I have seen him as I think others have stepped up.

Brooks. Frustrating. Clearly skilful but seems to lack positional sense. Very mardy at times and should have been booked before he did. Petulance mostly.

Osula. Seemed like has was a few years older than the others. Ready for men’s football tbh. Selfish at times but a hard shot with both feet and good work rate.

Marsh. By FAR the MOM. What a joy to watch. Movement, vision, finishing and balance in abundance. He has it all. Always seems open and always looking to set others up. The only frustration, which is not his fault, is he needs to fill out. I hope we have him under contract!

Subs not on long but Macedo looked busy. He scored a tap in and his friends/relatives cheered enthusiastically until a mardy steward to them to move!! He was booed.

The coaches deserve great credit. A large number of these lads should have a career in the game.

Opposition player to watch for me was their number 11 Bennett. Busy and the only one tbh that would get in our team.

🛍️ Carrier Bag Firm
⚔️ Sheffield United U21 7️⃣
🆚 Colchester United 1️⃣
⚽ SUFC 2022/23 Game 6️⃣8️⃣
🎩🥅🥅🥅 Marsh
🎩🥅🥅🥅 Osula

⚽ Bacup Borough 2️⃣
🆚 Ellesmere Rangers 0️⃣
🏆 Edward Case Cup
🏟️✅4️⃣2️⃣7️⃣

📋 My Football & Beer Free Blog
📖 Read here 👇

Firstly I feel this is a very well coached set of players. They all seemed to know their role and their part in the system (3 at the back as the first team).

Faxon. Very little to do in the net but did cause their goal. Faffing around at the back and passed to one of their players.

The back three all played well (Pitan, Freckleton and Barratt). All kept good shape and limited Colchester to scraps. Of the three I thought Pitan looked the most comfortable.

Sachdev. I am a fan of his and have heard goods things about his application and attitude. The first half he seemed of the pace and got caught in possession several times. Second half much better.

Buyabu. Other wingback. Best of the back five for me. Fast and good coverer. Got forward frequently and more often than not got his cross in. Good engine.

Arblaster. Holding midfielder and makes us tick. They tried marking him but he often escaped. Good range of passing and covers a lot of ground.

Peck. Played well and got better as it went on. Not as dominant as I have seen him as I think others have stepped up.

Brooks. Frustrating. Clearly skilful but seems to lack positional sense. Very mardy at times and should have been booked before he did. Petulance mostly.

Osula. Seemed like has was a few years older than the others. Ready for men’s football tbh. Selfish at times but a hard shot with both feet and good work rate.

Marsh. By FAR the MOM. What a joy to watch. Movement, vision, finishing and balance in abundance. He has it all. Always seems open and always looking to set others up. The only frustration, which is not his fault, is he needs to fill out. I hope we have him under contract!

Subs not on long but Macedo looked busy. He scored a tap in and his friends/relatives cheered enthusiastically until a mardy steward to them to move!! He was booed.

The coaches deserve great credit. A large number of these lads should have a career in the game.

Opposition player to watch for me was their number 11 Bennett. Busy and the only one tbh that would get in our team.
Thanks. I was wondering Buyabu was getting on and always seems to get good reviews. Is he in need of a loan or will we develop ourselves and have as back up for RND?

On the whole I agree, however I thought freckleton was by far the most comfortable of the back three, clear to see he’s played at a decent standard within the conference. Conversely I thought Pitan looked the least confident on the ball and this lead to one or two poor tackles trying to control the ball, he’s the youngest of the three listed though so behind in development and will no doubt catch up.

On the whole I agree, however I thought freckleton was by far the most comfortable of the back three, clear to see he’s played at a decent standard within the conference. Conversely I thought Pitan looked the least confident on the ball and this lead to one or two poor tackles trying to control the ball, he’s the youngest of the three listed though so behind in development and will no doubt catch up.
I think all three are quite complete as centre halves. About 6'2, strong, decent on the ball and quite mobile.

Back
Top Bottom