Steven Davies

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I liked him also but has he enough about him to play a pivitol role in a side whose ambitions are to be pushing for automatic this season? I'm not so sure. Adkins will have targets 100%, time will tell if we get them and when we do are they of better quality than Steven Davies? I'd be surprised if they weren't

I can buy into that, but are the better players getting snapped up before we get some activity.

I know we are under a new regime this time, but last summers purchases still haunt a few of us.

He was okay but nothing more from what I saw. We should be looking at younger players who can develop and don't have an injury track record in my opinion.

I'm not sad. Although wish him well.

If the best offer he had was from a team who might make the play offs in this league then I think that says quite a lot. Have they sold Hanson? If not they may be about to.

Good luck to Mr.Davies in his new club. No doubt he would have spoken to NA about the move to Bradford and weighed that up with the likelihood of him featuring in NA's future plans.

Look, you can have a shit manager who signs players or a good manager who doesn't sign players but there is no way we're paying for a good manager and new players. Who do you think we are? Moneybags Chelski? Carry on like that and we'll get promoted and have to spend more money.

I can buy into that, but are the better players getting snapped up before we get some activity.

That rather assumes that the managers currently active in our market have both the financial clout and the ability to spot the best players. Personally, I think it an unlikely proposition.

He was okay but nothing more from what I saw. We should be looking at younger players who can develop and don't have an injury track record in my opinion.

I'm not sad. Although wish him well.

If the best offer he had was from a team who might make the play offs in this league then I think that says quite a lot. Have they sold Hanson? If not they may be about to.

I fervently hope not to us! Or Bladey Bladey Steady Stead either.

Maybe the team NA inherited plus a couple of CB can be fashioned into a promotion side, under cough I believe the side we had under achieved in this devision. Time will tell.

Don't fight it.

It's time to get the band back together again.

index.php

Did a decent job for us last year.

But isn't what we need going forward.

If Sharp is to be added to our squad, then I believe that he, Done & McNulty have enough between them to score the goals we will require.

UTB

Not overly disappointed with the news, was always a very average, slow and un-agile striker. Delighted NA has higher ambitions than him.

I liked Davies. Strong, good in the air and a very powerful shot. If we weren't interested in him we should expect an even better target man to arrive.

I'll be the first to the the Bladey Blade that says I liked him because he tried.

To be fair to the bloke, after he scored at Barnsley, he ran length of the pitch back to celebrate in front of us.

Shame about Davis, I did like him and he gave us something a bit different to what we had.

I think Higdon will have a part to play this season but if that doesn't happen then someone along the same lines is a priority.

Waiting with bated breath for MM's take on it.

very average player - a poor mans COG, and if we are serious about going up and Adkins wants that type of player then go for COG instead.

Bradford is his level - we have lost absolutely nothing by not signing him.

We are better than what Davis could offer United and we should set our sights higher - unless that is some want to carry on the mediocrity we have become.

UTB

Can't say I'm too disappointed by this. Whenever I saw him he just never had enough pace or areal ability to do what we needed him to do. Was all abit uninspiring and not enough of a goal threat.

Would have much preferred smith from Swindon in all honesty.

But Like others have said. Done and mcnulty have plenty of goals in them if given a run and the right service. Someone with a bit of presence to complement them would be nice tho.

Ha ha. I wasn't suggesting to us. I thought I half read a thread where he was off and someone suggested we should trump the deal. . . Not for me. I want an Afobe or a Dicko - someone with pace and randomness, hungry to cause some mayhem. I know exactly what to expect from Hanson/Davis and its me going for a pie early because I know nothing will happen if I do.

Don't fight it.

It's time to get the band back together again.

index.php
That was a brilliant day out. Shitty kit but I thought we were safe that day. It was sunny. We filled the away end and I had lots of good natured beers. . . A snapshot that brings a lot of good memories from a hugely disappointing climax.

That was a brilliant day out. Shitty kit but I thought we were safe that day. It was sunny. We filled the away end and I had lots of good natured beers. . . A snapshot that brings a lot of good memories from a hugely disappointing climax.

That was the only point we ever won wearing that kit. A good day.

As for Davies, his goalscoring record is poor and his injury history is worse. Good luck to him at Bradford but I'm not sorry we didn't sign him.

Davies was a strange one: a decent shot, good in the air but never really a consistent goal threat. I think he struggles from time to time with metal pins in his foot. He'll be a good signing for Bratfut but as Bergen Blade says, hopefully it's a sign that someone better is joining. Bet it's Sharp.

I'm slightly more disappointed that we missed out on Alfie Mawson from Brentford but as he's at tinpot Baaaaarnsleh we'll be a step up if we do decide to go back in for him.

Davies was a strange one: a decent shot, good in the air but never really a consistent goal threat. I think he struggles from time to time with metal pins in his foot. He'll be a good signing for Bratfut but as Bergen Blade says, hopefully it's a sign that someone better is joining. Bet it's Sharp.

I'm slightly more disappointed that we missed out on Alfie Mawson from Brentford but as he's at tinpot Baaaaarnsleh we'll be a step up if we do decide to go back in for him.

Not sure if we're getting big headed, but it does seem like a great move to be joining Nigel Adkins' second building of a great division-climbing side. Some of his third tier players at Southampton went on to become full internationals.

With that in mind, is it possible that we had admitted to Mawson that he wouldn't automatically become first choice here, as we maybe had other, higher profile targets in mind?

Back
Top Bottom