So it looks like Carl Robinson's on his bike...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GrayBlade

100% Blade
Reaction score
Do we think that's good news for us next week, or could we have a dose of new manager syndrome?

I'd rather them stay as they are for next week, although Robinson's known how to come here and get results in recent years. That said, we're a completely different entity now.

If he does go I think they'll only have a caretaker manager in place but I hope it wouldn't see their players come out of their shells, because they do have plenty of quality. I'd like to think we'll beat them regardless on current form though. It will be a tough game though, no matter what. They're not as bad away from home.

Will it be Steve Evans' next job? I think it's definitely one he'll apply for. The stadium's big enough to accommodate him and his gut.

Hopefully they will limp on with a caretaker this week and the players heads will be elsewhere on Saturday . To be honest I've been dreading this game for weeks. It would be just like those shithouses to end our run

To be honest I've been dreading this game for weeks. It would be just like those shithouses to end our run

Snap. Luckily our good run has taken the pressure off it a bit though.

In a way I'd take a draw, as wrong as that is. I'm just fucking sick of them beating us. We've been their bitches. It's pathetic. You couldn't find more of a nothing club to have as your 'bogey team'.

Just wish we were playing them at their place.

If we beat them convincingly though, it'll be the high point of the season so far.

Another manager gets the boot after all of our self appointed chairman were calling for his immediate appointment in 2012 , 2013 , 2014 , 2015 , and , lest we forget , this year too .

MK are one club that I truly cannot stand. I won't go into the obvious reasons around their history but they also have a habit of turning up, playing like gash and still beating us.

Things however, have changed. Whoever is in charge I suspect we will be at them from minute one and I don't see them coping too well to be honest.

We will lose games this season, but it won't be against those plastic gits.

Worth pointing out that he got MK Dons promoted to where we want to be after 2012, 2013 and 2014.

He got MK promoted 3 seasons on the trot .

Gerrim signed

Another manager gets the boot after all of our self appointed chairman were calling for his immediate appointment in 2012 , 2013 , 2014 , 2015 , and , lest we forget , this year too .

Luckily the guys we appointed instead of him
In all of those seasons were fucking fantastic.

I don't believe in new manager syndrome. Pretty sure it's more that when a team sacks their manager they've almost always been doing shite, and if they then win a game under someone new everybody notices. They don't notice all the Mickey Adams same old appointments.

Luckily the guys we appointed instead of him
In all of those seasons were fucking fantastic.

Was that the ones that were roundly acclaimed as our saviours by our self appointed chairmen too ?

It's a piece of piss this chairman malarkey innit :D

If there is one club I would like to see us stuff it's Franchise FC.

This is genuinely good Vs evil next week. Let's hope good triumphs.

Was that the ones that were roundly acclaimed as our saviours by our self appointed chairmen too ?

It's a piece of piss this chairman malarkey innit :D

By 'self appointed chairmen' do you mean fans who expressed an opinion on who the manager should be?

Hazard a guess that some of those choices would have faired a damn sight better then some of the ones we appointed.

Worth pointing out that he got MK Dons promoted to where we want to be after 2012, 2013 and 2014.

He had financial advantages most at this level never see. With that backing even FLN would have got automatic promotion sooner Herb.

Decent manager imho, shitty club obv.

Interesting to see Wimbledon flying high, I would say Karma but then I think of John Fashanu and Hans Seegers and then I think to myself 'hmmmmmm'. Dangerous stuff to mess with. I'll leave it as'ommmmmmmm'

He had financial advantages most at this level never see. With that backing even FLN would have got automatic promotion sooner Herb.

He never got the backing Clough got in his second season. They never spent silly money. One thing they got lucky with was Dele Alli.

By 'self appointed chairmen' do you mean fans who expressed an opinion on who the manager should be?

Hazard a guess that some of those choices would have faired a damn sight better then some of the ones we appointed.

No .

I'm referring to our " self appointed chairmen " who are happy to stick their tongue up the arse of virtually anyone we appoint . But then happily call McCabe the biggest cunt alive and demand his head when the appointment fucks things up .

It's also a little bit like the slavering hordes that hurl abuse at individual players ..... insert the name of virtually every player we've got ..... and then disappear when said player proves them wrong .

Why not just openly admit they got it wrong ?

He never got the backing Clough got in his second season. They never spent silly money. One thing they got lucky with was Dele Alli.

I'm no Clough defender belive me, but over a five to six year period Robinson never had to sell his best players year upon year, as every Blades manager at this level has, he was backed and backed by the thief who ran MKD and when he finally did scrape them over the line to promotion he patently couldn't cut it at the higher lever.

Just like Adkins Robinson is a managerial fraud, a one trick pony, who will now become the next Adkins, Wilson, Evans, Brown, being appointed to jobs on the basis of his one glory moment and then falling flat on his arse at every future club.

I'm no Clough defender belive me, but over a five to six year period Robinson never had to sell his best players year upon year, as every Blades manager at this level has, he was backed and backed by the thief who ran MKD and when he finally did scrape them over the line to promotion he patently couldn't cut it at the higher lever.

Just like Adkins Robinson is a managerial fraud, a one trick pony, who will now become the next Adkins, Wilson, Evans, Brown, being appointed to jobs on the basis of his one glory moment and then falling flat on his arse at every future club.

To be honest I'm struggling to think of many players they had who they resisted substantial bids for. They always seemed to have good L1 players who were no more than borderline Championship quality. Their efforts in the Championship last season minus Dele Alli seem to back that up.

They built a lot around good quality loanees, and they were able to do that partly because Robinson turned them into an ideal club for PL clubs to send players to.

The kind of financial advantages we've pissed up the wall.

Maybe so, but Robinson was given longer to sort out errors he may have made than he would have at United. He has been well protected and looked after.

To be honest I'm struggling to think of many players they had who they resisted substantial bids for. They always seemed to have good L1 players who were no more than borderline Championship quality. Their efforts in the Championship last season minus Dele Alli seem to back that up.

They built a lot around good quality loanees, and they were able to do that partly because Robinson turned them into an ideal club for PL clubs to send players to.

So if you were say a Coventry or Doncaster fan do you think he would be the man to bring in to turn it around quickly? That's what a manager has to be these days, he will never get the soft long term project he got at MKD again.

Decent manager imho, shitty club obv.

Interesting to see Wimbledon flying high, I would say Karma but then I think of John Fashanu and Hans Seegers and then I think to myself 'hmmmmmm'. Dangerous stuff to mess with. I'll leave it as'ommmmmmmm'

Hear what you are saying, but it wasnt Wimbledon fc who profited in any way i wouldnt have thought. Some of the ex players they had maybe. As far as im concerned their fans were just as much shit on by those taking a bung to lose a game for wimbledon as much as we were for a very very dodgy game which once took place on merseyside. Nowt wrong with wimbledon fc imo. Now the tennis establishment and the wimbledon tennis crowd....

Never really liked Robinson as i think hes used Utd to his own ends and messed us about in the past when he was trying to negotiate his latest new contract with the plastics. It probably worked out well for him too financially speaking. Still hes a little too full of himself and too much of a gobby little shite for my liking. Maybe the sacking will teach him a bit if humility.

In their last visit they treated us to just about the most cynical and nasty performance I've seen, certainly in this division. It got them the points despite them not playing at all well, so I'm hoping we're due payback.

The rest of their history about the theft of Wimbledon is a given, and always will be.

Normally i'd be worried about a new manager syndrome and it may still be the case that MK Dons are more motivated if Robinson goes, but with the way we've clicked recently under Wilder, I am not worried.

In many ways a motivated side who are up for it will play into the hands of Wilder's United. They will get at us, but we will also press them more... They're more likely to have a go at us.

I think yesterday was the big test, there won't be many sides that can match Bradford City this season, whether MK Dons have enough is perhaps doubtful. Finally we're at a point where we can worry about ourselves more than the opposition due to the Quality we have on the pitch and the manager

Normally i'd be worried about a new manager syndrome and it may still be the case that MK Dons are more motivated if Robinson goes, but with the way we've clicked recently under Wilder, I am not worried.

In many ways a motivated side who are up for it will play into the hands of Wilder's United. They will get at us, but we will also press them more... They're more likely to have a go at us.

I think yesterday was the big test, there won't be many sides that can match Bradford City this season, whether MK Dons have enough is perhaps doubtful. Finally we're at a point where we can worry about ourselves more than the opposition due to the Quality we have on the pitch and the manager
I agree. Let the feckers worry about us for a change.

I don't believe in new manager syndrome. Pretty sure it's more that when a team sacks their manager they've almost always been doing shite, and if they then win a game under someone new everybody notices. They don't notice all the Mickey Adams same old appointments.
I think it depends on why they were sacked. A lot get sacked just because the team is in a bad run, or slightly 'underachieving'. There's often good reasons for this, such as injuries and loss of form to key players. Basically, shit happens. But boards panic and change the manager anyway. Similarly, some clubs are just badly run and change managers to draw attention away from this.
In these cases, a new manager will struggle to have any impact.
But sometimes the wrong man is in the job and the players are under performing because of it. A new manager can spark a mini-revival as the players are up for it again and he may bring in a couple of new faces to shake things up. Warnock at Cardiff is a good example of this. And Blackwell benefitted hugely from just not being Robson.

Not sure about Robinson, I suspect he's just been there too long. Rather like our last days with Harry, where he just couldn't find what was needed to turn us around. I think it may depend on who they appoint and when. If they get a good one tomorrow he might have enough time to get them organised for Saturday. If they fanny around or get the wrong one, it shouldn't be a problem.

It was bound to happen. I think every season we've been down here some club has sacked their manager just before they play us, seems like it anyway.

I agree. Let the feckers worry about us for a change.
Be surprised if he goes this week ,it could be a rallying call to the players to get there finger out or he will be gone.
Either way doesn't make the game any easier there away form is promotion standard ,but at home it is definitely relegation
form.

Back
Top Bottom