Next: Swindon v Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kazarre13

Turkish Blade
Reaction score
Stadium: County Ground
Date: 29/03/14 - 3PM

Important match,
What do you think about the match?

Last edited:

Would love a win, would take a draw, still a remote possibility with a defeat.

If we can get 9 points from our next four matches I think we will make 6th.

I can see this being tougher than the Preston game. Swindon have a real chance of the playoffs unlike Preston who were basically already there, and just trying to keep momentum going. (I still have the shakes from the Preston game, we got away with it that day)

Having said that, If we can sus the Swindon attacks early, our counter attacking style may be to much for them. Its like any game, never know what may happen, as long as we play well I'll be happy.

So in conclusion, this was a totally pointless post from me, that basically stated the obvious, so I apologise immensely for wasting everybody's time :/

I think I'm right in saying Swindon play 3 at the back,so I would expect them to have decent possession but hopefully we can exploit them in the wide areas.i think it could be similar to Crawley with us trying to hit them on the break...difference being we'll have Scougs,Murph and Flynny back in.
Wonder if we'll see Brayford at Centre Back with the injuried players and Harry out...Maybe something like...
Howard
Davies,Brayford,Collins,Freeman
Doyle
Flynn,Coady,Scougall,Murphy
Baxter

UTB!

I think I'm right in saying Swindon play 3 at the back,so I would expect them to have decent possession but hopefully we can exploit them in the wide areas.i think it could be similar to Crawley with us trying to hit them on the break...difference being we'll have Scougs,Murph and Flynny back in.
Wonder if we'll see Brayford at Centre Back with the injuried players and Harry out...Maybe something like...
Howard
Doyle
Baxter

UTB!

I think we will see murphy rested, and Flynn back into the team. And Porter will start instead of Baxter. Also, I feel scougs will continue to be rested.

You could be right Kozzy...but that could be my counter attack theory out of the window with Scougs and Murphy missing as they are vital for me with there pace and ability to go past people.

You could be right Kozzy...but that could be my counter attack theory out of the window with Scougs and Murphy missing as they are vital for me with there pace and ability to go past people.

I agree. but Flynn is pretty useful as well. We will just have to focus our attacks from the right, instead of from the left. You are correct though, losing murphy and scougal is a big miss.

Swindon are very one dimensional,play there certain game.
We outplayed them at the lane,and i expect the same tomorrow.
Nothing to fear here.

Brayford will be at CB as Hill and Harris still not fit according to Andy Garner Brayford is as good at CB as he is at RB

Never really went out in old town, The Glue Pot was our boozer of choice (not too far from the ground either (18 mins according to Google Maps).

www.hopback.co.uk/our-pubs/the-gluepot.html‎

Is that one of the old GWR pubs? Been in it a couple of times I think. There's one of the strangest pubs I've ever been in as well: a huge sports bar with with a very convincing countryside real ale pub in the corner.

Howard
Doyle
Baxter

UTB!

I'd like us to play 3 at the back

Howard

Freeman Collins Brayford

Doyle

Flynn Coady Scoooogs Murphy

Baxter

Porter

3-1-4-1-1

My head hurts now! :cool:

I'd like us to play 3 at the back

Howard

Freeman Collins Brayford

Doyle

Flynn Coady Scoooogs Murphy

Baxter

Porter

3-1-4-1-1

My head hurts now! :cool:
I'd give that a go BOSS,but not for Swindon as Flynny and Murphy would have to put a lot of work in up and down,and they're having to be rested as it is.They are both capable though with the workrate they put in.

Stadium: County Ground
Date: 29/03/14 - 19:45

Important match,
What do you think about the match?

I think we will play in the yellow shirts, win the toss, and win 2-1. Porter winner. Just had a vision. Hope you're reading this Chris !

My only concern tomorrow is the make shirt CB partnership, I don't know how many games Brayford has played there so it's fingers crossed for that.

If it works then I really fancy us for another win.

Is that one of the old GWR pubs? Been in it a couple of times I think. There's one of the strangest pubs I've ever been in as well: a huge sports bar with with a very convincing countryside real ale pub in the corner.

Think so - it's certainly in the Railway Village, saying that the last time I was there was in the late 90s!

I think it will be game of 2 halves continuing the totally pointless post theme. 2-1 Blades.

Welcome to the forum newbie :)

Kazarre13 posts a pre match post for almost every game and both starts debate and contributes. He's added a new dimension to the forum which many people appreciate.

As a new member yourself I'm sure you'll grow to like his contributions

2 weeks ago, this would've been a breeze. Us right in the middle of a great winning run, them without a win for weeks. However, now they're unbeaten in 3 and will play hard for the 3 points, as both sides are vying to nick 6th spot.
We generally have a good record against Swindon, the reverse fixture at the Lane in December I remember as being a particularly hard-fought battle for both teams. Baxter got the only goal that day, with a looping header that seemed to hang in the air for a few minutes before it dropped in, right in front of the Kop. One of the most satisfying and hard-worked goals of the season. That was one of the first really decent team results from Clough.
I want a win, and I think it's likely, however a point away from home is always welcome. Gotta be 1-0 Blades tho, and what a crucial 3 points that will be.

Settle for a point, because when I say that we tend to get all three..

Reactions: Dkc
Welcome to the forum newbie :)

Kazarre13 posts a pre match post for almost every game and both starts debate and contributes. He's added a new dimension to the forum which many people appreciate.

As a new member yourself I'm sure you'll grow to like his contributions

Thanks for the welcome, the pointless statement was in response to Kozluk's post, not a dig at the op. Swindon to be pointless by 5pm.

Brayford will be at CB as Hill and Harris still not fit according to Andy Garner Brayford is as good at CB as he is at RB
Agree with most, NC will start a tactical rotation of players over the next 3 games to rest players but to keep them match fit with part games.

Professional (compact) squad after latest loans out. Don't think our players will pull out of tackles etc like Man UTD players so as not to get injured. NC will have the next 4 games planned out in detail. I predict a run of 4 wins.

As much as we rave about this team, there is more to come and certainly more goals. I think that starts today. Blades to win by at least 2 goals

Back
Top Bottom