Have we been bottom of League one before?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

boo radley

Reaction score
My short term or long term memory defeats me.
So is this a new record that McCabe has added to his ever impressive CV whilst in charge at Sheffield United?

I'm pretty sure we bottomed out for a couple of weeks during the Wavy Dave era, probably exactly 3 years ago to the day.

Think we were rock bottom under Weir, and still hovering the relegation zone until THAT game at Crewe under Clough, still think if we'd snuck into the play offs that season we'd have gone up ala Barnsley last season.
We're never gonna win a playoff at anything.

We like to prop up the table from time to time.

My short term or long term memory defeats me.
So is this a new record that McCabe has added to his ever impressive CV whilst in charge at Sheffield United?
i think we were under weir but we didnt end up at bottom of the table til september

League table positions don't mean much in the first 4 or 5 games. So the last time we were bottom at a "normal" time in the season was during Wavy Dave's reign of ennui. If we don't win the next couple of games then our position will be categorically true, and not just an early season blip.

We really are shit, aren't we.

And I mean, right at the vary top. They are the cause of all this. Kev - sell up now, because your legacy has been taking us from a solid promotion chasing championship side to league one mainstays. You've invested lots, but shown that you have no idea how to invest, because you've caused this mess. Whether it be your penny pinching, your lack of ambition, your bad decisions, or hiring the wrong people - you have caused this.

We were bottom after Gillingham last season. And fully bottom when Weir went 10 games without a win. *shudders* at the thought of how bad that was
It's got the same feel as then though. Lots of new players who were quickly written off with a backdrop of immense pressure.

I'm fairly certain our players are much better, they just aren't showing it. But the pressure is building fast and I'm not sure they, or the manager, will cope.

UTB

Silent Blade Have we been in a lower position than we are at the moment?
Yes, 11th in the 4th division in the 1981-82 season (Sept 1981) which is 79th place in the whole league. We drew our first match, won the next two and then lost two (at Hull and Stockport). Then Keith Edwards returned to us!!

FPEXwgAEAG8CtA

Yes, 11th in the 4th division in the 1981-82 season (Sept 1981) which is 79th place in the whole league. We drew our first match, won the next two and then lost two (at Hull and Stockport). Then Keith Edwards returned to us!!

FPEXwgAEAG8CtA

Who's gonna return to us this time?

Remember the mid week defeat at Stockport County
The fans all in unison singing "We want Edwards" "We want Edwards "We want Edwards"

Guess what ? Edwards was signed and we lost two more games all season to finish as Champions.
When was the last time this board listened to the fans
Apparently the fans don't know what they're talking about.

We're never gonna win a playoff at anything.
But we did win the first ever play-off.
In season 1892/93 we finished second to Small Heath in div 2 and so had to play Accrington who had finished second bottom of the old div 1. We won 1-0 and so went into the top league for the first time. Accrington were so pissed off that they resigned from the league...................and not a lot of people know that!

In season 1892/93 we finished second to Small Heath in div 2 and so had to play Accrington who had finished second bottom of the old div 1. We won 1-0 and so went into the top league for the first time. Accrington were so pissed off that they resigned from the league...................and not a lot of people know that!
Thanks Michael

Sounds like a wind up. Any Blades historians?

Back
Top Bottom