February 2017 - Make or Break

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sothall_Blade

Reaction score
upload_2016-10-24_13-33-1.png

We play the teams who are currently 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 10th (and 15th)

Don't Worry Sothall, we play all the teams in the league twice just like everybody else, by Feb theses fixtures could look a lot less challenging than they do now.

Precisely. We'll know who the top teams were all along, come May. Right now it's an illusion.

It does look like our hardest month.

This is why we have to try and be in the top 2 by January. And when you look at our fixtures until then, we should be able to do it. It's in our hands.

But it could look different by then. Bristol Rovers and Scunthorpe might have slipped. I think Peterborough will be harder though, they'll probably have a new manager.

I predict...

W
L
W
D
D
W

I could'nt care less about February,and neither I suspect does Wilder. I'm prepared to gamble that like me he cares only about 3 points in our next game.
Take your eye of what's right in front of you and you get a fuck off slap in the face. There's an awful lot of battles ahead before (fuck) February.

Never really gone along with this take it a game at a time, ok if you are a manager or player but a fan? We aren't going to have any influence on proceedings and I quite enjoy looking ahead a little, bit like somebody mentioned a few days ago about us having 7 home and 3 away games coming up to the end of the year, takes alsorts I suppose.

Never really gone along with this take it a game at a time, ok if you are a manager or player but a fan? We aren't going to have any influence on proceedings and I quite enjoy looking ahead a little, bit like somebody mentioned a few days ago about us having 7 home and 3 away games coming up to the end of the year, takes alsorts I suppose.

Exactly. It's hardly going to affect my performance on the terraces if I look ahead and think February is going to be a pivotal month.

It's fun but one of the reasons most of us like football is its unpredictability. Trying to predict what will happen in three months' time is just guessing. And the bottom line is crunch time is April/May. That's when the players really have to show their mettle.
Worry about things you can change, fuck everything else, nowt you can do about it and worrying doesn't change anything.

Exactly. It's hardly going to affect my performance on the terraces if I look ahead and think February is going to be a pivotal month.

It will if we embark on a sequence of catastrophic results starting this Saturday and are 5th bottom by Feb 1st.
I stopped day dreaming about 3 months down the line when I was 12.
Each to their own.

February has proved a difficult month for us in recent years. Our relegation season (2011) we had three matches against other clubs near the bottom - I think they were Derby, Palace and Scunthorpe. Lost all three. (Think we were 2-0 up at Scunthorpe). Following season when Ched scored all those goals I am sure we had some poor results in Februray.

February has proved a difficult month for us in recent years. Our relegation season (2011) we had three matches against other clubs near the bottom - I think they were Derby, Palace and Scunthorpe. Lost all three. (Think we were 2-0 up at Scunthorpe). Following season when Ched scored all those goals I am sure we had some poor results in Februray.
Don't worry. If we have a shit February we'll sack CW and put Morgs in charge.

I could'nt care less about February,and neither I suspect does Wilder. I'm prepared to gamble that like me he cares only about 3 points in our next game.
Take your eye of what's right in front of you and you get a fuck off slap in the face. There's an awful lot of battles ahead before (fuck) February.
Very true how many times have we assumed success and been shot down.Keep fo used lads.

It will if we embark on a sequence of catastrophic results starting this Saturday and are 5th bottom by Feb 1st.
I stopped day dreaming about 3 months down the line when I was 12.
Each to their own.

Well you were discussing the January transfer window earlier. Maybe you should have been concentrating only on MK Dons instead?
That lack of focus could cost us dearly ;)

Well you were discussing the January transfer window earlier. Maybe you should have been concentrating only on MK Dons instead?
That lack of focus could cost us dearly ;)

Yea it could. It's an identical type of topic. Congrats on being able to accept someones point without having to attempt to deflect.
That's something else I quit doing around 12 years of age.

Take your point Boxer Wilder will see Feb is a tough month but it's true we have to concentrate on next game that's the important one.

Back
Top Bottom