All quiet on transfer front

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rupicola

Reaction score
Not much coming from CW about transfers, thought we had a centre back lined up. 2 ins before Grimsby. Hope we not settling for what we've got.

Not much coming from CW about transfers, thought we had a centre back lined up. 2 ins before Grimsby. Hope we not settling for what we've got.

Aren't you becoming a little fractious? Do you really need a daily fix of transfer news to convince yourself that Wilder and co are busying themselves on the club's behalf?

Aren't you becoming a little fractious? Do you really need a daily fix of transfer news to convince yourself that Wilder and co are busying themselves on the club's behalf?
Oh do calm down iiyb. Don't you realise that contemporary society requires instant gratification? Waiting is NOT acceptable.

Just hoping were going to be ready for Bolton. I'm sure we will be. Just getting a little worried. I'm sure a few others are too !

Just hoping were going to be ready for Bolton. I'm sure we will be. Just getting a little worried. I'm sure a few others are too !

Still a few weeks to go and as we all know the window doesn't close till late August. Unlike last season, we've done the majority of the business by now and on paper at least the signings look quality. If we get Leon Clarke and a decent left winger, we'll finally get out of this cesspit of a league.

Hope not, he's no better than DCL and DCL is ours and will improve as an asset for us, as opposed to Newcastle.

Fair point, I dont know much about DCL tbh. It's just what I've heard along with the Adams rumour

Fair point, I dont know much about DCL tbh. It's just what I've heard along with the Adams rumour

I don't either mate on DCL but he's similar to Toney anyway. I hope we turn down any offers from Everton etc for him, its just too early to know how good he could be. Adams on the other hand, I'm less bothered about but only if we get a decent fee, as he obviously has ability.

I don't either mate on DCL but he's similar to Toney anyway. I hope we turn down any offers from Everton etc for him, its just too early to know how good he could be. Adams on the other hand, I'm less bothered about but only if we get a decent fee, as he obviously has ability.
Toney was a strange signing , he wasn't really getting first team for Northampton who were then in league 2, we sign him and loan him out to Barnsley in league 1 and he can't get into there starting 11 either

Got to try and keep them both if I was Wilder. Adams, DCL, Sharp and possibly Clarke that should be enough goals to get you out of the division if you can get the defence right

Have you checked out the rumours section recently? :D

When he said it we probably had two signings lined up before Grimsby then offers come in for Adams, Wilder thinks I'll hang fire on them two because I maybe able to shop at harrods next week!

I just wonder If we do get promotion this time, will we try to buy back the good players we've sold, or will they be too expensive ?

Still a few weeks to go and as we all know the window doesn't close till late August. Unlike last season, we've done the majority of the business by now and on paper at least the signings look quality. If we get Leon Clarke and a decent left winger, we'll finally get out of this cesspit of a league.

Add a box to box midfielder and dare I say a new GK to that and I would agree mate. Otherwise I still think we could struggle.

Yeah well the Board can go and fuck themselves. A move for Sam Vokes has broken down over wages*

*That may have happened when I played Football Manager last night

It's all I worry about. I wake up and if we haven't signed anyone I trash the kitchen. It really is the most important thing to me.

I'd settle for kicking the cat, but I havenot got one, so I kick the neighbours cat instead, it's a little twat anyway ;)

I'm sure this little lull in proceedings isn't through lack of trying on Wilder's part despite all this farcical sh*te with Leon Clarke.

Whilst I am desperate to get a couple more in sooner rather than later to allow them to gain a bit of pre season, I am also eager for us to sign the right sorts of players as opposed to buying any tom, dick and harry. We shouldn't have to keep repeating ourselves, we know full well that we have been guilty over and over again of signing some right old tripe, only to have them sat on the bench or not even on the bench whilst picking up a salary.

Wilder wants improvements and I see Wilder as the type of man who will go out and get what he wants but he will only do it when he gets the upper hand and rightly so. The simple matter is that we don't truthfully know the extent of how many phone calls the gaffer is having at the minute, how many are in the pipeline and how close we are with them.

Last edited:
. Unlike last season, we've done the majority of the business by now and on paper at least the signings look quality.

I’d say on paper Wright and Wilson look a long way from being quality meaning we still desperately need improvement at centre half. We fought off Shrewsbury, Rochdale and Leyton Orient for Oldham’s Wilson who divided opinion of fans of a team that just survived relegation. Wright is the wrong side of 30, the wrong side of 6 foot, has never played above league 2 level, only managed 29 games last season at that level and was released by Oxford despite still being under contract. About as far as you can get from good on paper. Most of us had never heard of Hussey either. Fleck, O Connell and Duffy look decent on paper. The others don’t. It’s just a case of hoping that Wilder is assembling a side where players’s strengths compliment each other and hide their weaknesses to make the team more than the sum of it’s parts.

For what it’s worth, I’m not at all confident of a positive result at Bolton. As always, living in hope rather than expectation (or Castleton before some smart-arse pipes up)

Back
Top Bottom