How far-fetched is this?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Colchester have sacked their manager. Dunno if that will help them beat Barnsley for us.

Colchester get an unlikely draw at Barnsley who then lose to Wigan.

We beat Coventry in an unlikely victory.

Nicely teed up for another goalless stalemate at home vs Scunny.

You just know it!

Billy Sharp gets a last-minute winner, meaning we're in the play-offs. We beat Burton in the semis, setting up a Wembley date with Millwall. We lose on penalties after extra time, scoring just one out of five.

I think thats fair comment, just chalk it up to my prolonged mid-life crisis. I'll be riding around on a Raleigh Grifter eating fucking Spangles next or something, and can you still buy Snake Belts? :)
Grifter pah!

I had a big chopper.

Grifter pah!

I had a big chopper.

Show off ;)

Actually I'd have loved a Chopper. I saw one recently at an auction that was absolutely wrecked, a real fixer-upper. Still fetched £400.

I loved my Grifter though even though it was a heavy beast, the skin I must have taken off my legs carrying it up the steps to our house.

Barnsley v Colchester Draw **
Burton v Gillingham Draw
Scunthorpe v Port Vale Scunthorpe Win
Coventry v Blades Blades Win **

League table with 1 game to play:-
Barnsley 71
Scunthorpe 71
Gillingham 70
Blades 69

Wigan v Barnsley Barnsley Lose
Gillingham v Millwall Draw
Blades v Scunthorpe Blades Win

Final League Table:-
Blades 72 (Play-offs)
Gillingham 71
Barnsley 71
Scunthorpe 71

To my mind, there are only two unlikely results (**) in there.
The rest just go with form and wouldn't be a surprise.
Stranger things have happened...
Can't see relegated Colchester breaking a leg to get something at Barnsley. Sorry.

I'm afraid all the WHF has been battered out of me this season and can see nothing but further misery being dished out by the footballing gods

normally the soccer gods bend over backwards to screw us with daft results against us

I suspect we are in the Footballing Gods bad books again, they can usually rely on us for entertainment, by fuckin us over

Do you know what, that really wouldn't surprise me. The football gods must surely have one kick in the nads left for us.

Evening gents.

I'm afraid this season has not provided us with a worthy challenge. It's been far too easy.

You all remain forever in our thoughts.

TFGs
xoxo

Can't see relegated Colchester breaking a leg to get something at Barnsley. Sorry.

Pressure off. Playing with carefree abandon. New manager syndrome.
Won away at Bradford, Coventry and Blades already this season.
Just saying...

Except they won't be installing a new manager until the season ends. And they've been shit in recent games. "Carefree abandon" hasn't revifved MK Dons, Charlton or Crewe following relegation.

The only way they'll get something out of the game is if the Footballing Gods decide they want to to give us a final, painful kick in the nuts.

Pressure off. Playing with carefree abandon. New manager syndrome.
Won away at Bradford, Coventry and Blades already this season.
Just saying...
They are relegated and beating us at home was no great shakes we struggled against Crewe ffs. As for the other away wins presumably the pressure was on???

If results go our way this weekend, I wold make us slight favourites going into the final round of matches.

I.e. We would be statistically more likely to win our final match than either Gillingham or Barnsley.

(Naive optimism seems to wind people up for some reason. Even when based on fact)

How far fetched is this at half time:

Gillingham, Barnsley, Rochdale, United losing.

Scunny drawing.

Another Blades script in the making I'm afraid.

Barnsley v Colchester Draw ** TICK
Burton v Gillingham Draw or Gillingham lose TICK
Scunthorpe v Port Vale Scunthorpe Win TICK
Coventry v Blades Blades Win ** BOOM

Back
Top Bottom