How far-fetched is this?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Those who are saying Colchester have no chance v Barnsley are forgetting a certain Chris Porter - he's still banging them in for Colchester, and I'm sure he'd love to do his old mates a favour.

Barnsley v Colchester Draw **
Burton v Gillingham Draw
Scunthorpe v Port Vale Scunthorpe Win
Coventry v Blades Blades Win **

League table with 1 game to play:-
Barnsley 71
Scunthorpe 71
Gillingham 70
Blades 69

Wigan v Barnsley Barnsley Lose
Gillingham v Millwall Draw
Blades v Scunthorpe Blades Win

Final League Table:-
Blades 72 (Play-offs)
Gillingham 71
Barnsley 71
Scunthorpe 71

To my mind, there are only two unlikely results (**) in there.
The rest just go with form and wouldn't be a surprise.
Stranger things have happened...
Yeh but it's usually us who let these scenarios down.

Those who are saying Colchester have no chance v Barnsley are forgetting a certain Chris Porter - he's still banging them in for Colchester, and I'm sure he'd love to do his old mates a favour.
Far better player than Sammon. Far better target man than Sammon.
Should never had got rid.....Hindsight. Would have been a great squad player but just didnt fit in for player manager.mmm

Far better player than Sammon. Far better target man than Sammon.
Should never had got rid.....Hindsight. Would have been a great squad player but just didnt fit in for player manager.mmm

Chris porter is one of the many reasons we're still in league one.

Can we just stop all of this stupidity and put this abject season behind us.

1. If Sheffield United make the play off's and get promoted I will proverbially bare my arse in Burtons window. We still had a fighting chance on Saturday and we saw the heart, talent and desire that our players had for it!
2. If we did make the play off's and get promoted, it sums up everything that is wrong with the whole concept, that a team as frankly average as ours gets promoted over a team that has been in the running for the auto's.
3. Chris Porter is not the answer (unless the question is who is one of the most average strikers to pull on a Blades shirt.
4. Neither is Connor Sammon or the Hippo.
5. Those type of players are why we are where are, an established League One side.

I am going to go and play some Golf and see you next season.

UTB's

It's a pretty far-fetched scenario, but then again the vast majority of people had Spurs down to win comfortably last night. An out-of-form WBA not losing at on-fire Spurs is far tougher to picture than Colchester scraping something at Oakwell...

I really wish this hadn't been posted.

I had finally finally given up after Saturday and now there is another glimmer of hope. I know that what ever I say publicly, about how its all hopeless and the season is over, I'll be clinging onto this futile dream like my life depends on it.

Thanks a lot!

It's OK. He probably think Spurs 'can still do it.'

Can we just stop all of this stupidity and put this abject season behind us.

1. If Sheffield United make the play off's and get promoted I will proverbially bare my arse in Burtons window. We still had a fighting chance on Saturday and we saw the heart, talent and desire that our players had for it!
2. If we did make the play off's and get promoted, it sums up everything that is wrong with the whole concept, that a team as frankly average as ours gets promoted over a team that has been in the running for the auto's.
3. Chris Porter is not the answer (unless the question is who is one of the most average strikers to pull on a Blades shirt.
4. Neither is Connor Sammon or the Hippo.
5. Those type of players are why we are where are, an established League One side.

I am going to go and play some Golf and see you next season.

UTB's

Ime glad you have chosen Burtons as BHS might be closing.
John Collier might be best as he,s The Window To Watch.
Got my STicket cu next season for another thrilling episode.
Enjoy your Golf........................Like that German golfer................Couldnt get out the bunker.

Banging them in . Nice bloke but liability for a footballer . Couldn't hit a fucking barn door or donkeys backside comes to mind .

Was in the same level as our great Paul Williams. If he has any sense Porter will not care a flying fuck about the Blades.

No wonder we are in shit league 1 and live in ga ga dream world.

We ain't getting in the play offs or getting promotion this season . End of. We are wank .

UTB

The results are going to go our way on Saturday and then it's going to come down to us v Scunny for the last play off spot, and Scunny will beat us.

Barnsley v Colchester Draw **
Burton v Gillingham Draw
Scunthorpe v Port Vale Scunthorpe Win
Coventry v Blades Blades Win **

League table with 1 game to play:-
Barnsley 71
Scunthorpe 71
Gillingham 70
Blades 69

Wigan v Barnsley Barnsley Lose
Gillingham v Millwall Draw
Blades v Scunthorpe Blades Win

Final League Table:-
Blades 72 (Play-offs)
Gillingham 71
Barnsley 71
Scunthorpe 71

To my mind, there are only two unlikely results (**) in there.
The rest just go with form and wouldn't be a surprise.
Stranger things have happened...

Good post but us beating Scunny is not "going with form", they are on a roll.

The results are going to go our way on Saturday and then it's going to come down to us v Scunny for the last play off spot, and Scunny will beat us.

Sheffield United Football Club . The Dante Club . An absorbing combination of cerebral twists and visceral turns .

We just could not make it up with our immensely gifted manager and forward thinking board.

We ain't got a barrel of money , but we've got ------

Let us lay this season to rest and start afresh next season.

UTB

Good post but us beating Scunny is not "going with form", they are on a roll.

They are on good form but so are we. The League and Form tables show us fairly evenly matched but we have home advantage.
I would always favour a home win for two well-matched teams . The bookies odds will give the best indication, they don't get much wrong.

If Sheffield United were in sixth place right now it wouldn't be that far fetched

our problem is in 50 years of watching United the only result that ever went our way was in div 3 when a 2=0 win was 1 goal short at burnley

normally the soccer gods bend over backwards to screw us with daft results against us

That 1 piece of luck doesn't count though because Blades were all scattered listening to the match in the solace of their bedrooms.

Nothing like celebrating a promotion at an actual match with 1000's going crazy. But as Hull played their decisive match after our season had ended then we were even denied the normal promtion party.

Do you know what, that really wouldn't surprise me. The football gods must surely have one kick in the nads left for us.

It'll be scraping promotion and not being able to dump the dross.

That would be my fear too. As unlikely as it is, we're still Blades aren't we and of course we want to go up. But if we did, with this squad, I think it'd be utter carnage next season in a higher division.

That would be my fear too. As unlikely as it is, we're still Blades aren't we and of course we want to go up. But if we did, with this squad, I think it'd be utter carnage next season in a higher division.

Robert Green has not been allowed to play any further football this season not even on loan because one more game allows him to extend his contract which QPR don't want him to do as they can't afford him.

The power really is with the players and the clubs.

Robert Green has not been allowed to play any further football this season not even on loan because one more game allows him to extend his contract which QPR don't want him to do as they can't afford him.

The power really is with the players and the clubs.

Ridiculous isn't it really, it's almost as though I don't recognise the game anymore at times.

Ridiculous isn't it really, it's almost as though I don't recognise the game anymore at times.
Although the game has never really been static. It has always changed. What you recognise is how it was when you were a kid, same as we all do. Think of what life was like in the 70s and how different it is now. Football changes, as do most things.

Although the game has never really been static. It has always changed. What you recognise is how it was when you were a kid, same as we all do. Think of what life was like in the 70s and how different it is now. Football changes, as do most things.

I think thats fair comment, just chalk it up to my prolonged mid-life crisis. I'll be riding around on a Raleigh Grifter eating fucking Spangles next or something, and can you still buy Snake Belts? :)

They'll be heading the ball next. Them kids.

Back
Top Bottom