Fans at the game today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

William Carey

Reaction score
Made a comment about this in the match thread but seriously why are we booing MGW every time he has the ball?

Him and Ndiaye single-handedly took us from 17th to a play off spot at the end of the season against Fulham on the final day. He’s one of the best loan players we have ever seen at the lane scoring some crucial goals and put in 100% effort for us every game.

Seems disrespectful to me and I think he expected a good reception back at the lane but instead he’s being booed. Yes he went to one of our rival clubs but we were never going to be able to sign him back because we didn’t go up. He fully deserved to play for a bottom-mid end Premier League club and Forest took a chance on him and he’s thriving there. Happy for him but some fans clearly have no respect.

Made a comment about this in the match thread but seriously why are we booing MGW every time he has the ball?

Him and Ndiaye single-handedly took us from 17th to a play off spot at the end of the season against Fulham on the final day. He’s one of the best loan players we have ever seen at the lane scoring some crucial goals and put in 100% effort for us every game.

Seems disrespectful to me and I think he expected a good reception back at the lane but instead he’s being booed. Yes he went to one of our rival clubs but we were never going to be able to sign him back because we didn’t go up. He fully deserved to play for a bottom-mid end Premier League club and Forest took a chance on him and he’s thriving there. Happy for him but some fans clearly have no respect.
It’s good that‘s all you have to worry about.

You make some good points but after experiencing what happened that night in the play offs and then signing for Forest a matter of weeks later, I think we can forgive our fans for not queuing up to suck him off as he walks out the tunnel.

He’s a great player but lets not pretend he should be treated like a club legend when he comes back. He was here for a year, put himself in the shop window and made the best move for his career. Fair play to him.

Personally, I’d have preferred we just ignore him but can’t really blame fans for having a different view. The way Forest acted that night and the weeks that followed was a fucking disgrace. If gibbs-white wants to sign for a club, one of who’s fans assaulted a genuine club legend of ours then sound, but lets not roll out the red carpet for him eh? I find everything about Nottingham Forest a bit disrespectful but hey, shit happens.

I haven't gone to the game today to show anyone respect. Church Halls are available for that. I've gone to lose my shit.

Not entirely sure why either. As far as I can see his only reason to have that reception is because he had the audacity to leave?

Apologies for noticing and having an opinion on this but I'm currently suppressing other emotions as it appears getting through to the suicide helpline would be pointless judging by the reactions.

Actually some of us were booing Souza…

You make some good points but after experiencing what happened that night in the play offs and then signing for Forest a matter of weeks later, I think we can forgive our fans for not queuing up to suck him off as he walks out the tunnel.
What would you have done if you played for Wolves and they accepted a daft offer from
Forest who then wanted to pay you lots of money to play football?!

Ooh, ooh, I know the answer to this one - cos he's a scab!

Fans who boo ex players are mindless, moronic and uneducated. I'd like to see how they would react if they left their job and then on their first day at the new place, their old boss turns up and boos them. If you did boo him today, I suggest you go home and book a place in your local primary school as that's where you belong.

What would you have done if you played for Wolves and they accepted a daft offer from
Forest who then wanted to pay you lots of money to play football?!
If you bothered to read the rest of the post you’d have an idea.

If you bothered to read the rest of the post you’d have an idea.
I did and it’s hardly a glowing reference for a player who obviously wanted to play football and not sit on the bench at Wolves.

Our fans didn’t have to clap every time he got the ball but booing him shows a massive lack of awareness about life in general.

I thought you are one of the no booing brigade?
Am I? Maybe you're right. You'd have to search my posts to confirm one way or another. I boo EVERY National Anthem for opposing sides at England games. I have unashamedly boo'ed inappropriate minutes silences at some games. I'd never boo a United player. And I didn't boo MGW today. But, all hail any Blade who decided that's what they wanted to do.

Respect? Go to an Aretha Franklin gig...

Personally I am indifferent to Gibbs White these days. He came to us on loan and fantastically well then when we weren’t promoted, he moved on. What does leave a sour taste for some is that he missed a penalty against Forest in that play off second leg. He then witnessed the appalling scenes first hand when their vile fans invaded the pitch and attacked our players. Shortly after he then signed for that club when they were promoted.

Then again, Forest paid an obscene amount of money for him and are more than likely paying him obscene wages. Money talks unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom