Moronic Fans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

One of the players in the box was Basham who may have stood a chance and wasn't happy the ball didn't come in. The most frustrating thing about it all for me is the players doing it aren't strong enough to keep the ball in there.

Maybe so but the likely outcome was the ball gets cleared and then we are defending. There was 80-90 seconds left , to me it was the right decision.

A a few games into a bloody season how can you tell that they won't do soon Mystic meg? Prime example of what I'm talking about JJBlade. Never happy, Already expect us to be six points clear at the top of the league and both of our new strikers to have at least half a dozen goals each. We have just won two huge games after a rough start to the season.

But then a few months down the line when we get it together and are pushing up at the top of the league you will be one of those praising clough, the team and everything else and pretending you never doubted them in the first place!

These boards are full of people who seem to have a problem reading and understanding what has been written. If you think people wont be happy if we set off to win games 3-0 you're stark raving mad. My point was that we should just try it occasionally.
I certainly did not expect us to be six points better off than everybody else, (apart from it being impossible after four games) and I am reasonably satisfied with our points haul so far because I believe we will be nothing more than mid table.
Unhappy fans are at every club, try looking at Man Utd's message boards.....Yes Man Utd. If we have more unhappy fans than every one else well that should tell you something.
But no, it's just more convenient to believe in the ridiculous notion that all miserable people wake up one day and decide to support Sheffield United

Booing the players when they are winning and keeping the ball in the corner,

what utter pricks, no wonder less than half the team went up to the Kop and applauded the fans at full time if
I had been Murphy and Davies (the latter having had his best game for the club) I would have felt more like giving the kop the finger than a round of applause, god knows what some of the new signings made of it.

I have a problem with this post, sorry. For the record I wasn't one of those booing, nor was anyone near me. I don't believe in that sort of thing.

I do however understand those that voiced their displeasure. Taking the ball in the corner against anyone (never mind Crawley) with five minutes plus injury to go is pathetic. As a club we can be called for many things but win or lose our ethos is to go down swinging.....

I was disgusted with those tactics at the end and I'm a Clough disciple. Very disappointed to see us do that. At least we won I suppose.

If we want to get out of this division, we must support the team. Put pressure on the opponents, not our own players. The quickest way to get players settled into the team is by getting behind them and roaring them on.
We should be delighted with the first clean sheet, the win and the three points. Dare I say the maturity to slow the game down and secure the points too. Certainly we would have been blasting the team for doing an Everton!
Moronic supporters as the OP suggests.
There will be plenty of time to play attractive football, but there will be times to secure the points and build a fortress. Today, the first clean sheet and the win was such a time.

I have a problem with this post, sorry. For the record I wasn't one of those booing, nor was anyone near me. I don't believe in that sort of thing.

I do however understand those that voiced their displeasure. Taking the ball in the corner against anyone (never mind Crawley) with five minutes plus injury to go is pathetic. As a club we can be called for many things but win or lose our ethos is to go down swinging.....

I was disgusted with those tactics at the end and I'm a Clough disciple. Very disappointed to see us do that. At least we won I suppose.

"At least we won I suppose."

Well as long as that's a minor consideration hey?

Next time I am only going applaud the team if we lose 4 - 5

I remember not that long ago we had a spell under Wilson where we threw away 2 or 3 home games in injury time. (Oldham and Notts County were 2 I seem to think)

At the time, our fans were berating our players saying we should see out the final minutes in the corner like other teams always used to (and still) do to us.

I agree that we did it a bit early, but from the minute board going up onwards surely no sensible fan can complain about us doing it rather than putting it in the box and opening us up to the counter.

And to boo was just fucking stupid. It's no wonder we generally perform better and play more flowing football away with the minority of dopes that turn up to the home games.

"At least we won I suppose."

Well as long as that's a minor consideration hey?

Next time I am only going applaud the team if we loose 4 - 5

We all like seeing them win mate. If you like seeing them win like that then you and I are better off not exchanging views on football.

We all like seeing them win mate. If you like seeing them win like that then you and I are better off not exchanging views on football.

winning is everything, it doesn't matter how you do it. Losing isn't anything.

and to go back to the original point of my post, Whether people are frustrated about something they see or not....

...what on earth do they think is being gained by booing the team when they are winning for Christ sake?

winning is everything, it doesn't matter how you do it. Losing isn't anything.

and to go back to the original point of my post, Whether people are frustrated about something they see or not....

...what on earth do they think is being gained by booing the team when they are winning for Christ sake?

Can't speak for those that were booing as I don't do that. I find there are less destructive ways to voice my opinion. Winning is ultimately everything yes, the point you're missing is that I don't feel we need to win like that.

I'm no football snob but I believe in playing the game in a certain spirit. Taking the ball into a corner with almost ten minutes to go isn't playing the game at all. It's negative, cowardly and unnecessary. Further more it's not what I associate with SUFC.

If that's how we plan to win games going forward fine but I'm not going to take a great deal of pride in it. You can if you wish.

One of the players in the box was Basham who may have stood a chance and wasn't happy the ball didn't come in. The most frustrating thing about it all for me is the players doing it aren't strong enough to keep the ball in there.

They were and they did! I was checking the clock. We kept it in their half very effectively indeed. It wasn't entertainment, though.

If you pays your money you can vent your frustration, feelings. I didn't boo but I wasn't happy wasting time with 7-8 mins left to play.

I don't agree with that. I pay my money as well. I want to enjoy the game without amoebae abusing the team and booing every time things don't happen exactly as the petulant twats want.

I don't remember anyone boo'ing the win :/ .. I remember people booing at the lack of attack.. But once that whistle went the whole stadium applauded.. 10 minutes left of the game and were keeping it in corner.. DEYCENT!! Its ok though.. you paid your hard earned money to watch that..

A wins a win, i get that, but with 10 minutes to go were asking for trouble playing like that with the defence we have.. I was waiting for Crawley to launch the counter, which luckily they only managed once. 2 goals would have calmed the whole place down, but ofcourse, were united.. we dont do that.. we get one and DEFEND it LOL

Can't speak for those that were booing as I don't do that. I find there are less destructive ways to voice my opinion. Winning is ultimately everything yes, the point you're missing is that I don't feel we need to win like that.

I'm no football snob but I believe in playing the game in a certain spirit. Taking the ball into a corner with almost ten minutes to go isn't playing the game at all. It's negative, cowardly and unnecessary. Further more it's not what I associate with SUFC.

If that's how we plan to win games going forward fine but I'm not going to take a great deal of pride in it. You can if you wish.

Good Pele, we put up with Montgomery, Blackwell and Adams without a murmur, but spit out dummies at a bit of match-winning gamesmanship?

I don't agree with that. I pay my money as well. I want to enjoy the game without amoebae abusing the team and booing every time things don't happen exactly as the petulant twats want.
Well I pay to play the lottery and want to win the jackpot, you don't always get what you want. Especially with the lotto and SUFC.

I suppose it's an honourable way of looking at things but over 40 years of being a United and England fan I have come to the conclusion it's why I have seen us win close to fuck all, who was happier at the 1986 World Cup? England going out with honour or Argentina hand balling their way to the semi finals and eventually win the entire thing?

Greece 2004?
West Ham 2007?

Who was happier after the way they went about things?

Fuck it let's try to win hook or by crook.

I don't remember anyone boo'ing the win :/ .. I remember people booing at the lack of attack.. But once that whistle went the whole stadium applauded.. 10 minutes left of the game and were keeping it in corner.. DEYCENT!! Its ok though.. you paid your hard earned money to watch that..

A wins a win, i get that, but with 10 minutes to go were asking for trouble playing like that with the defence we have.. I was waiting for Crawley to launch the counter, which luckily they only managed once. 2 goals would have calmed the whole place down, but ofcourse, were united.. we dont do that.. we get one and DEFEND it LOL

A lot of misplaced logic there, mate. We were avoiding trouble, not asking for it! We'd have had a great deal more nail-biting, and they'd have had more attacks, by allowing open play in the last eight minutes. The keep-ball was not pretty but don't pretend it wasn't carried out very effectively; it was. They were pinned in their own half for the vast majority of those last eight minutes.

What you pay your money for is a football match. There are no contractual terms as to quality. If there were, I'd have sued SemiPro dozens of times.

There was no "luckily" about it. They were limited to one counter by the keep-ball, not in spite of it.

Two goals would not have calmed the place down if one of them was scored by Crawley.

I emphasise what I said earlier, though. We should be in a position to win comfortably against Crawley and others, but that time has yet to come. That will change as our team gradually improves, but it isn't helped by juvenile petulance.

I guess it's just the Bladesfans' Way.

Well I pay to play the lottery and want to win the jackpot, you don't always get what you want. Especially with the lotto and SUFC.

Exactly. The same goes for the booing, abusive numpties, doesn't it?

A lot of misplaced logic there, mate. We were avoiding trouble, not asking for it! We'd have had a great deal more nail-biting, and they'd have had more attacks, by allowing open play in the last eight minutes. The keep-ball was not pretty but don't pretend it wasn't carries out very effectively; it was. They were pinned in their own half for the vast majority of those last eight minutes.

What you pay your money for is a football match. There are no contractual terms as to quality. If there were, I'd have sued SemiPro dozens of times.

There was no "luckily" about it. They were limited to one counter by the keep-ball, not in spite of it.

Two goals would not have calmed the place down if one of them was scored by Crawley.

I emphasise what I said earlier, though. We should be in a position to win comfortably against Crawley and others, but that time has yet to come. That will change as our team gradually improves, but it isn't helped by juvenile petulance.

I guess it's just the Bladesfans' Way.
Just about to press like and then I read your last line. You use it too much fella.....:)

Our fans are no different to others - we put up with complete rubbish for the sake of loyalty. We can disagree about our actions, but one things for sure, entering our 4th 3rd division season is not the fault of almost 20,000 loyal followers.

UTB

I can remember when a goal could be heard out of my bathroom window, with much the same crowd figures - less even. Today I went out of the 2Fly studios to go to my car just after 4pm. i knew we were at home but I walked down a little way to double check the road was shut or for other signs of life etc... you could've heard a pin drop, not a murmur...and when I was maybe 40yards from the BL/JS junction, we scored. I have heard cheers louder from my house three miles away. I think that tells you all you need to kmow about the 'fans' who go currently.

I can remember when a goal could be heard out of my bathroom window, with much the same crowd figures - less even. Today I went out of the 2Fly studios to go to my car just after 4pm. i knew we were at home but I walked down a little way to double check the road was shit or for other signs of life etc... you could've heard a pin drop, not a murmur...and when I was maybe 40yards from the BL/JS junction, we scored. I have heard cheers louder from my house three miles away. I think that tells you all you need to kmow about the 'fans' who go currently.
Nowt to do with the corners filled in then:rolleyes:

Honestly there was zero noise in the street prior to the goal

Haha, I knew I'd set myself up for that one. I genuinely cannot afford to go anymore, gave up my ST the season before we went down.

Booing a team who they claim to support and who are winning, shit for brains the lot of them, it's a trend that's grown with the Sky generation and legions of plastic fans.

Back
Top Bottom