Are we not gonna mention when norwood kicked the ball straight out from the centre spot?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He did it many times during the match. He was very poor last night,same as George. He has always been the same,press him and he’s fucked,give him time and he’s Glen Hoddle. Been a great servant to utd, but it’s caught up with him big time.

Always wondered in that situation why don't teams ever chip the ball back to a defender who can head or chest it to the keeper, then Wes could have waited until their strikers ran half the pitch to close him down before picking up the ball, kill a few seconds and launch it all the way down the pitch anyway.

He was very poor yesterday. That kick off is an embarrassment to football. Might as well have stood there waving a white flag, absolute pussy. That mindset is why we concede so many last minute goals. Basically saying , we don’t trust ourselves with this round thing, you can have it.

He’s supposed to be the calm head in the team that keeps possession and keeps the ball ticking but he’s just wasteful on the ball all the time. I would not have him anywhere near the team ATM. He’s sunday league. That was an embarrassment to the shirt and football in general.

I’m absolutely fucking sick to death of us treating the ball like it’s a ticking bomb. If they can’t control or pass a ball they don’t deserve the opportunity to play for us in the prem or championship. Norwood was the biggest culprit for this yesterday. His first thought when he gets the ball is to clear it instead of finding a man.
He wants to launch everything into a channel when knowone is near the ball. He doesnt even look half the time. Just aimless punts, anyone can do that. There is no skill or finesse to anything he does. Hes careless, wasteful and slow. Just constantly gives the ball back and invites pressure back on us. Our style of play yesterday and chelsea is just as bad as anything i’ve seen under hecky, we are just parking the bus much better. That is all we have, a compact and hoofy team. At least stoke were efficient at doing this. We are like the BTEC stoke equivalent.

Need some serious improvements to the possession side of our game still.

Always wondered in that situation why don't teams ever chip the ball back to a defender who can head or chest it to the keeper, then Wes could have waited until their strikers ran half the pitch to close him down before picking up the ball, kill a few seconds and launch it all the way down the pitch anyway.

That would still count as a back pass. When the back pass rule can in (1992), the situation you describe was called a “manufactured back pass”, but I don’t know if that’s still the term.

Love stuff like this. Know there is a self set up rule that all self respecting games of heads and volleys should also adhere to.

I can imagine a youtube video of a team trying it in South America and the ref sending a couple of people off because he has no clue whether you are allowed to or not, and the whole thing descending into to a riot

Slightly differently I only recently learned that you could thigh/knee the ball back to the keeper.

it was strange but not as big of a deal that people are making of it. He new we would only put Ol up there to contest and the speed he was at by the 97th minute he didn’t want to wait for him to get down the line.

It was just weird. Would've wasted more time and been less cringe keeping possession in the blade half for a bit and then hoofing it away.

He was very poor yesterday. That kick off is an embarrassment to football. Might as well have stood there waving a white flag, absolute pussy. That mindset is why we concede so many last minute goals. Basically saying , we don’t trust ourselves with this round thing, you can have it.

He’s supposed to be the calm head in the team that keeps possession and keeps the ball ticking but he’s just wasteful on the ball all the time. I would not have him anywhere near the team ATM. He’s sunday league. That was an embarrassment to the shirt and football in general.

I’m absolutely fucking sick to death of us treating the ball like it’s a ticking bomb. If they can’t control or pass a ball they don’t deserve the opportunity to play for us in the prem or championship. Norwood was the biggest culprit for this yesterday. His first thought when he gets the ball is to clear it instead of finding a man.
He wants to launch everything into a channel when knowone is near the ball. He doesnt even look half the time. Just aimless punts, anyone can do that. There is no skill or finesse to anything he does. Hes careless, wasteful and slow. Just constantly gives the ball back and invites pressure back on us. Our style of play yesterday and chelsea is just as bad as anything i’ve seen under hecky, we are just parking the bus much better. That is all we have, a compact and hoofy team. At least stoke were efficient at doing this. We are like the BTEC stoke equivalent.

Happy Christmas!

Norwood basically did the same thing all night. Attempt to clip first time balls in behind to Archer. But his passes were either straight onto Konsa’s head or Archer wasn’t running in the right direction. Stuff like that we only improve on.

It’s also worth noting that Wilder put four across the middle. He surely knows that we don’t have the athleticism to play a three. I wish Hecky had reached that conclusion too.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Panic button gets pressed all too often in general play. Norwood chief culprit as you correctly state.

The whole tactic of launching it from the kick off boils my piss tbh. Awful.

UTB

Agree with everything here.

Back
Top Bottom