Hold your nerve Prince..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some of our older players are not able to compete with the pace and size of the PL . Sharp should not have been the only one that was shown the door.

Reactions: UTB

Some of our senior players, who played last time we were in the PL are aging and showing various signs of aging, including loss of form and more frequent injuries.
The last time they played in this league, Egan, Basham, Fleck, Norwood and even Baldock, were the mainstays of our side. A side that got us relegated. That was three seasons ago, and time stands still for no one.
I attach no individual blame on those players, but collectively, they are not hitting the same heights that they are used to.

With the benefit of hindsight, they are probably not going to cut it this season, or next. Hecky has a mountain to climb, and the squad depth is simply not good enough to support these players for a full season. I doubt we can expect any high profile signings in JTW, so the current form does not seem good enough to stay up. It really hurts me to admit that, and to write it too.

It's been a rough week, on and off the pitch.

You and the rest of the club top brass fucked Hecky up for the first four games.

Late September and October is a brutal run of fixtures, November and December look far more favourable. Give him til Christmas. You owe him that.
Nothing has changed here from my perspective.

If they were going to do that, they should have done it during the break, and give the new guy a chance to work with the team before the 'easier' games start.
And start his reign with Man Utd & Arsenal? I’m not sure that is the right time. Ultimately Hecky was mentally sacked in the break there’s just no point doing it until the easier games come along (it’s going to be wilder & he knows the players already)

Pretty clear the decision has been made, but watching this second half, albeit against a very good side… we’ve shown no fight

I know many will say that Osborn, fleck coming in are League one at best, but we used to have fight

Even Baldock coming on with his spirit and compared with Bogle just couldn’t give the team a lift

That second half is as bad as Newcastle second half. Weve not learnt a thing, conceding from set pieces again.

It’s sadly time for a change

Some of our older players are not able to compete with the pace and size of the PL . Sharp should not have been the only one that was shown the door.
Yeah but the problem there is you’ve got to show better players in the other way.

This mob are worse than last season’s Championship side.

And start his reign with Man Utd & Arsenal? I’m not sure that is the right time. Ultimately Hecky was mentally sacked in the break there’s just no point doing it until the easier games come along (it’s going to be wilder & he knows the players already)

Why not? Free hits, no one expected anything out of them. Just go out and play attacking football if you're the new guy, and bed your style in before the winnable games come round .

Why not? Free hits, no one expected anything out of them. Just go out and play attacking football if you're the new guy, and bed your style in before the winnable games come round .
Because you’re more than likely going to lose them & it immediately kills momentum.

His style is the one we’ve played for 5 years I think the players will know what he wants

Well if a change is coming it won't be tonight, their not going to break the news to Heck'y while they are on the team bus coming back from London. Unless he stands down, which could happen, I think Heck'y is a good guy that could just say "I can't do anymore and it's time for someone else to have a go

Pretty clear the decision has been made, but watching this second half, albeit against a very good side… we’ve shown no fight

I know many will say that Osborn, fleck coming in are League one at best, but we used to have fight

Even Baldock coming on with his spirit and compared with Bogle just couldn’t give the team a lift

That second half is as bad as Newcastle second half. Weve not learnt a thing, conceding from set pieces again.

Hecky seems to be a decent bloke, but after today the club have little choice but to replace him.

I do wonder if he’s received a less vitriolic ride by the fan base due to the shocking way the owner appears to have treated him with this Wilder business?

If it is Wilder and little changes PA will have nowhere to go excuse wise. Plenty of recriminations to come l feel. Wilder will have his excuses already but having managed to dodge a cv relegation he’s gonna have to own this one.

As for Hecky, the writing was on the wall before the ink was dry on the contracts of Norwood, Fleck and Osborn.

Why is it clear decision has been made ?

Not being arsey , been away all
Week and not been keeping in touch

Hecky roped in because we can’t pay off previous manager and hire new one Check ✅
No money spent on training ground Check
✅
Spunk fortunes on United World Check ✅
Fail to scout any talent across Europe Check ✅
Fail to back manager early in transfer market Check ✅
Let spiritual leader leave to play in US Check ✅
Require outside intervention to understand why we have so many injuries Check ✅

Mission complete CHECKMATE ✅

Heckys course has run I'm afraid.

We need someone to come in and somehow lift the players.

We also need some major change in the fitness regime and training to try and stem the flow of injuries and get some players back quickly.

They should have made a change during the international break IMO.

Hecky roped in because we can’t pay off previous manager and hire new one Check ✅
No money spent on training ground Check
✅
Spunk fortunes on United World Check ✅
Fail to scout any talent across Europe Check ✅
Fail to back manager early in transfer market Check ✅
Let spiritual leader leave to play in US Check ✅
Require outside intervention to understand why we have so many injuries Check ✅

Mission complete CHECKMATE ✅
Two of those claims are utter bollocks.

Hecky seems to be a decent bloke, but after today the club have little choice but to replace him.

I do wonder if he’s received a less vitriolic ride by the fan base due to the shocking way the owner appears to have treated him with this Wilder business?

If it is Wilder and little changes PA will have nowhere to go excuse wise. Plenty of recriminations to come l feel. Wilder will have his excuses already but having managed to dodge a cv relegation he’s gonna have to own this one.

As for Hecky, the writing was on the wall before the ink was dry on the contracts of Norwood, Fleck and Osborn.

I don't often agree with you and other posters on here, but "As for Hecky, the writing was on the wall before the ink was dry on the contracts of Norwood, Fleck and Osborn." comments are bang on for me, could the same be said for Norwood coming out recently saying that he want's to finish his career at the club? I think that can't be considered no matter who the manager is and I honestly believe that the board will think the same?

Akpom and `Doyle were available and could have made an immediate impact.
Instead we went for Traore, Slimane,Larouci as ones for the future, and that future seems a long way away.
If you believe the rumours Hecky was fuming at the loss of Akpom.Without cover or a viable replacement,for McBurnie he knew and it is now blatantly obvious we are so far off it, without him to lead the line and defend at set pieces.Factor in, the selling of our best 2 players on the eve of the season start, we are a much weaker side than when in the Championship, and one that would now struggle to finish half way up it.
Hecky is just the patsy for an owner that was just interested in the Prem money, and had no intention of seriously competing at this level.If the owner has any sense of decency or loyalty, he needs to acknowledge his own part in our fall from grace this season, and give Hecky the backing he deserves now, and in the Januarytransfer window.

Akpom and `Doyle were available and could have made an immediate impact.
Instead we went for Traore, Slimane,Larouci as ones for the future, and that future seems a long way away.
If you believe the rumours Hecky was fuming at the loss of Akpom.Without cover or a viable replacement,for McBurnie he knew and it is now blatantly obvious we are so far off it, without him to lead the line and defend at set pieces.Factor in, the selling of our best 2 players on the eve of the season start, we are a much weaker side than when in the Championship, and one that would now struggle to finish half way up it.
Hecky is just the patsy for an owner that was just interested in the Prem money, and had no intention of seriously competing at this level.If the owner has any sense of decency or loyalty, he needs to acknowledge his own part in our fall from grace this season, and give Hecky the backing he deserves now, and in the Januarytransfer window.
That akpom business was strange
We could have had him but didnt really seem to try
Hecky should have walked then

Hecky looked a beaten man at full time today. Wilder is not the answer for me, noway close but a change is needed now, clueless, gutless doesn't come close

Back
Top Bottom