Hold your nerve Prince..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They’ve been fucking Hecky over since they put the club in an embargo last season. If they sack him and replace him with Slav mk2 they know less about football than I thought they did.

We’ve reverted to being ‘club retard’ again and making what should have been a positive (promotion to the PL) into a negative by our recruitment and financial strategy.

This season is basically a long slog and it’s about not embarrassing ourselves as a team too many times and getting to 12 points. If we go down on another shitshow season it won’t bode well for next season.
Some of that may be true but constantly picking the same players every week who make mistakes every week is on him. The lack of any clear tactics is on him. The lack of changes and poor or late subs is on him. Approaching every opponent in the same manner home or away is on him.

Off the field away from match days things aren't his fault other than the injuries and appaling lack of fitness and physical conditioning of the squad. During matches everything is 100% on him. The second he picks Egan and Anel together and they make another costly error is on him for picking them again.

Some of that may be true but constantly picking the same players every week who make mistakes every week is on him. The lack of any clear tactics is on him. The lack of changes and poor or late subs is on him. Approaching every opponent in the same manner home or away is on him.

Off the field away from match days things aren't his fault other than the injuries and appaling lack of fitness and physical conditioning of the squad. During matches everything is 100% on him. The second he picks Egan and Anel together and they make another costly error is on him for picking them again.
Some valid points, but the backup options are either piss poor or kids.

I don’t see how blooding kids into a team getting absolutely dry bummed by much better players each week will help them, so that option is out.

Hecky obviously feels that the backup options of Trusty, Slimane, Traore etc. aren’t very good (worryingly these are new signings but I’d hazard a guess that they were the cheapest of cheap options).

Annoyingly this weekend you look back to the last time we got promoted and we didn’t want to pay the wages or transfer fees for Bowen or Watkins, they are the kind of players we should have bought last time around. This time we’re not even pretending we’re trying to assemble a PL team, the likes of Merson are right in what they say.

I fully understand Hecky’s had an uphill battle. No manager would want to face the situation he did at the start of the season. We’ve had tough games and the team hasn’t had time to gel.

Having said all that, I’ve never seen a United team with less fight or even basic competency. We can’t defend crosses for shit. We can’t pass for shit. We look abysmal at times.

Hecky’s deserves a lot of credit but he also has to take some responsibility for the shit we’ve seen this season.
Agreed. There is a certain level you can reach just by working your bollocks off and we’re not there. Not just the spanking last week, where we gave up, but in games like Everton and Spurs where we’ve done stupid things and thrown points away.

What are people seeing from the games that gives the impression that things can be turned around?

We seem to be regressing rather than improving and it's hard to take any positives from the games, we don't get the basics right, the game plan is hard to fathom and the same players are making the same costly mistakes. Most worryingly of all the players seem to be lacking fight, they seem defeated the moment they step on the pitch

I don't think anyone was under the illusion that this season would be anything but a struggle, but the way this team is performing is the concern rather than the results, there are so few positives and nothing to indicate any form of turn around in performance never mind the end results.

I'm sure the players do love him, I suspect most would love their boss if they could perform so poorly and get away with it. They love him but aren't playing for him.

Saying all that I think it would be pointless getting rid as he does have credit in the bank, and also there are no realistic alternatives out there that you could see doing any better.

If we go down, Hecky is the man to take us back up.
Whoever is in charge we’d probably go down anyway. Big Sam didn’t save Leeds and they paid him a fortune.
At least he’s having a go and trying to win games rather than playing for draws as people have criticised in the past.
Show a bit of loyalty blades and back the players and staff regardless.
If we go down, we go down. It’s not massively unexpected.

Having said all that, I’ve never seen a United team with less fight or even basic competency. We can’t defend crosses for shit. We can’t pass for shit. We look abysmal at times.

I’m not saying this season is great, but do you really think we are worse than the Adkins season?? We are up against top teams here. Back then, we were being outplayed and outfought by Southend, Scunthorpe, Burton etc. week in week out.

After Boxing Day.

The half way point. That’s when we’ll have played every team in the division once. We’ll have some idea of whether we’re in the mix to stay up or whether we’re nailed on to go down.

What are people seeing from the games that gives the impression that things can be turned around?

We seem to be regressing rather than improving and it's hard to take any positives from the games, we don't get the basics right, the game plan is hard to fathom and the same players are making the same costly mistakes. Most worryingly of all the players seem to be lacking fight, they seem defeated the moment they step on the pitch

I don't think anyone was under the illusion that this season would be anything but a struggle, but the way this team is performing is the concern rather than the results, there are so few positives and nothing to indicate any form of turn around in performance never mind the end results.

I'm sure the players do love him, I suspect most would love their boss if they could perform so poorly and get away with it. They love him but aren't playing for him.

Saying all that I think it would be pointless getting rid as he does have credit in the bank, and also there are no realistic alternatives out there that you could see doing any better.
Or, are they playing for him but too many are simply not good enough?

Sometimes 100% of not very much is still not very much

Or, are they playing for him but too many are simply not good enough?

Sometimes 100% of not very much is still not very much

Good point, it's a fine line. To me it just looks like the players are going through the motions, like they expect to be beaten and go in with that attitude.

If that's because they don't like Hecky or are simply under motivated either way it falls back to the manager, he somehow needs to get a bit of fire in their bellies

I think Hecky has been given a raw deal. He's the latecomer to a car boot sale, so his chances of any success are very limited.

Personally I'm bored already. I've only been to three home games (what was the score in the Newcastle game?), and my apathy is such that MOTD is already off limits and I'm not sure I can be arsed for the Man U game, although ironically that looks like one of our easier fixtures.

Agreed. There is a certain level you can reach just by working your bollocks off and we’re not there. Not just the spanking last week, where we gave up, but in games like Everton and Spurs where we’ve done stupid things and thrown points away.

Outrun, Outfight, Outplay.

So central to our apparent ethos it's written into the shirts. But none of those has happened on the pitch, certainly in the last two games.

It's been a rough week, on and off the pitch.

You and the rest of the club top brass fucked Hecky up for the first four games.

Late September and October is a brutal run of fixtures, November and December look far more favourable. Give him til Christmas. You owe him that.
More favourable that playing palace, forest and Everton in your first 4 games?

I think Man Utd at home will be the determining fixture for him. Come out of that with just the 1 point on the board still and he’s gone.

You say this while assuming the same error wouldn't be made if we were playing Trusty or Basham, as though they are Maldini and Nesta and he's not playing them out of spite.

I appreciate that sometimes, even if you think a player isn't as good, you throw them in to give them a chance. It's fair enough that people want that to happen now. But it's not glaringly obvious, and if the manager does otherwise he must be braindead.

More favourable that playing palace, forest and Everton in your first 4 games?

I think Man Utd at home will be the determining fixture for him. Come out of that with just the 1 point on the board still and he’s gone.

See the second paragraph in my post

I’m not saying this season is great, but do you really think we are worse than the Adkins season?? We are up against top teams here. Back then, we were being outplayed and outfought by Southend, Scunthorpe, Burton etc. week in week out.
With far better individual players relative to those we were playing against. Coutts, Basham, Sharp, Adams etc.

One problem is that we have no leaders on the pitch shouting at players who make mistakes or aren't putting the effort in. Players start to ignore the manager after a while but they are much less likely to ignore critical team mates.

The problem as I see it is that the squad clearly isn't good enough for the premier league. If we carry on playing the way we are we will get the same results.

So the question is whether another manager playing a different style could get more out of this group of players and pick some points up and potentially stay up. I don't know what the answer to that is. However if we lose at Fulham and at home to Man U I think the Prince will act
Well Luton are doing better than us.

He needs to find a way to get the best out of Hamer , maybe Slimane and Souza or Davies and Souza with Hamer behind Archer and Mcb ? We are getting overrun in midfield and I personally would prefer Anel in the middle of the back 3 with Trusty at LCB even though JLT has been ok !
As ever UTB !

They dont have toxic fans like you!
Toxic? By saying the manager is poor?

Which is a proven fact that can be backed up statistically?

I’m the opposite of you. I believe our players are good enough to stay up. I believe in the system we have also.

But I’m the toxic one?

Another point is that of the bottom 8, we’ve only played Everton.
With Fulham, Man Utd and Arsenal next, after 10 games we still will have only played one of the bottom 8.
You could say teams in the top half should be expected to beat us.

That’s why we can only accurately judge after everyone has played everyone else, which is after the Boxing Day fixtures.

Toxic? By saying the manager is poor?

Which is a proven fact that can be backed up statistically?

I’m the opposite of you. I believe our players are good enough to stay up. I believe in the system we have also.

But I’m the toxic one?

Yeah. You’re totally toxic dude.

LOL. Does the prince even read this forum? May as well have started 'Dear Santa...'

Back
Top Bottom