Alleged Fans With No Gonads

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You get the figure out into the public domain and don’t really explain the nuance.

Another example…

Lowering the age of the squad = we’ve sold two younger players and not extended existing youngsters deals.

It’s all spin and PR bullshit.
People are thick, it’s like the Wilder £4m.

One person says it and no one questions it.

£20m is a pie in the sky figure that someone decided ages ago. Based on nothing.

It’s like those who believe that the money gained from Berge and Ndiaye will go back into transfer fees. More chance of an airport at S6.

For some people the negativity gets on their nerves. For me, this elite "true Blade" I'm holier than thou attitude gets on my nerves.

At the moment, given the current situation we're in NOW, not at the end of the transfer window as we're not there yet, most of the negativity has been justified. I have no problem with people being optimistic if they have a reasonable argument to back this. It's when people tell negative posters to be quiet, or accuse them of not being fans as they said something bad about the club that gets on my nerves, or when they tell someone who is being negative to be quiet, when they've given valid reasons, and can only counter with "everything will be fine" based on nothing more than blind faith and no actual real argument to counter the negativity.

Pessimist. Optimist. Realist. We're all Blades. So get off your pedestals and stop acting like you're more important and better than everyone else. If you think saying anything negative stops you from being a fan, and you have to say positive things all the time or this means you're not a proper supporter, then you're not a "true Blade," you're a deluded idiot!

I occassionally watch Formula 1. I like the Aston Martin team. If Fernando Alonso turned up to a race in a Ford Cortina and started at the back of the grid, would I stop being a "true fan", if I said he'd come dead last? Or am I supposed to say everything is fine, he'll definitely get a podium finish as anything can happen? Or am I supposed to say I believe he'll win because if I don't then I'm clearly not a fan? This is the kind of ridiculous logic that gets thrown around by some mud slinging "true Blades."

So let's stop with all this name calling of "bed wetters" and "true Blades." I'd rather read and hear honesty than blind faith, arrogance, egotism and delusion.

I think we'll go down without a fight and struggle to match our points tally last time we were relegated. Sorry. I'm basing this on the fact that our current strike force is weak, where we're relying on McBurnie who only scored 7 goals over two seasons last time, and didn't make the top ten goal scorers in the Championship last season, Brewster who is always injured but may come good, Traore, who is untested, and two academy lads who have wasted pre-season to impress Hecky when given a golden chance. I'm also basing this on our terrible recruitment so far and failure to replace Doyle and McAtee, and now we have to replace Berge and Ndiaye, further cutting off any supply to our weak strike force. Yes, we've brought in Slimane and Souza, but both are untested at this level and we don't have enough quality or numbers to cover injuries and suspensions. We're still two players down from last season despite these signings. For these reasons I can only see relegation and a pitiful whimper of a campaign. Negative? Yes. Pessimistic? Yes. Justified? Yes. Does that make me less of a Blade than anyone else? Get over yourself. Yes, we might sign more players by the close of the transfer window, but you don't know that we will as much as other posters don't know that we won't.

(This isn't aimed at the original poster, but in general).

People are thick, it’s like the Wilder £4m.

One person says it and no one questions it.

£20m is a pie in the sky figure that someone decided ages ago. Based on nothing.

It’s like those who believe that the money gained from Berge and Ndiaye will go back into transfer fees. More chance of an airport at S6.

Same with the character assassination being put about regarding the two outgoing players. It’s all nonsense.

Don't believe you've been going 60 years because you didn't mention Don Givens.

Or Jones and Birchenall, Deane &Fjortoft, Tony Currie, Alex Sabella, Beattie flu etc etc. Clapping seals eh.

This is now a club that had to rely for its continued existence on £9 million, originally from Gods knows where, “donated” by a bloke suspected of fraud.

Yeah we’re all happy about everything but we’re particularly happy about the lack of transparency lack of forward planning and leaving a decent bloke and manager fucked off and disadvantaged less than a week before the season starts.

Reading the message boards over last week post Ilyman I can’t believe how many moronic fans or so called fans there are dissing the club, PA and writing off the players and club before a ball is kicked.

To quote a certain Lee Anderson if you don’t like blades for having to deal with the practical economics of top players unwilling to sign new contracts then f**k off.

In my 60 years I have never known such a miserable bunch of tossers and I hope they are not sat near me at home games.

It is not ideal but Berge is no loss and several fresh dynamic new names and £40m spent should make the team better faster and younger going though the season.

Prince has his hands tied and the strategy to buy better value may well pay off instead of building team around one player who would have been marked out of many games, missing for Africa cup and off for free end of season. Berge plays one decent game out of six and goes missing most games. Keep the faith those of you who are not spineless sheep.
Whatever your argument is, you’ve lost it by quoting Lee Anderson.

It’s not the solution (in politics or football) to just say if you don’t like it fuck off. No, if we don’t like it, we are well within our rights to say so.

We’re not gonna stop watching blades (fuck off back to France) because of it but we aren’t happy that our two best players have left on the eve of the season.

If you’ve been watching for 60 years but still can’t see that Berge is a huge loss to us, then, well in the words of Lee Anderson…

Can we put all the ‘I’m a better Blade than you because I’m happy to accept any old shit that the club throws at me’ threads in one place?! Foxy

I hope the people who accept this shite without comment don’t settle for 2nd best in everything they do in life.

What are you little old Derek gonna do now that’s gonna make the Prince turn round and go “hang on, this little Del Boy fella’s correct, let’s buy everyone we can”….

No one accepts what’s going on because it’s shite, but the point is…what’s bitching (and being annoying) on a forum gonna do? Sweet fuck all. They’re the threads and posts that are currently littering this forum and make it unbearable to read/navigate during the summer months.

What are you little old Derek gonna do now that’s gonna make the Prince turn round and go “hang on, this little Del Boy fella’s correct, let’s buy everyone we can”….

No one accepts what’s going on because it’s shite, but the point is…what’s bitching (and being annoying) on a forum gonna do? Sweet fuck all. They’re the threads and posts that are currently littering this forum and make it unbearable to read/navigate during the summer months.
What would acceptable preseason topics of conversation be out of interest? If we can’t discuss transfer activity, media interviews or how the club is being run? Are topics only limited to games and only then if it’s something positive?

Why is it ok to bitch about posters bitching but not ok to bitch about how the club is badly run?

Berge will seem a loss when we see Osborn and Fleck in action soon . And am no fan of Berge, never liked him as a player, but I think Norwood typifies the Sheffield United midfield over the past few years. Crap. One and all.
Fleck has a broken leg so you won’t be seeing him “soon”. Norwood is “crap”? Have you actually seen the team play “over the past few years”?

Really confused by this sentiment. He comparatively dropped off towards the tail-end of last season, but Norwood has consistently been one of the best players in the entire championship for the past two seasons we’ve been there.

I honestly don’t know what people think a deep lying midfielder is expected to do.
Getting promoted from championship 5 times (twice with us) tells you he's obviously got/had something about him.

Dazzler says we had no transfer fee budget before the player sales. Unbelievable:

He’s saying that the transfer budget includes both fees and wages, and that the amount available for fees is dependent on the amount we spend on wages. Makes sense to me ( unusually).
It’s obvious that we had some sort of budget, given the fact that we started buying players before we started selling them.

Why is it ok to bitch about posters bitching but not ok to bitch about how the club is badly run?

I’ve bitten my lip since the season finished, I’ve not even engaged with this forum for the last 2 months because I know it’ll just make me frustrated, but it’s getting worse and social media and the rise of the “ITK’er” has a lot to blame for it. The forum descends into paranoia.

What happened to waiting and patience?

Dazzler says we had no transfer fee budget before the player sales. Unbelievable:

I don't think that means there was no money for transfer fees - more that there was an overall budget to cover both.

The budget being tiny is the issue. :)

Can we put all the ‘I’m a better Blade than you because I’m happy to accept any old shit that the club throws at me’ threads in one place?! Foxy

I hope the people who accept this shite without comment don’t settle for 2nd best in everything they do in life.
What about putting all the ‘bed wetting, we’re all doomed’ posters in one place? No chance….it would crash the system 🤣🤣🤣🤣

He’s saying that the transfer budget includes both fees and wages, and that the amount available for fees is dependent on the amount we spend on wages. Makes sense to me ( unusually).
It’s obvious that we had some sort of budget, given the fact that we started buying players before we started selling them.

I read it as the transfer budget is spent apart from the money from the Berge and Ndiaye deals (less the Souza fee). Guess we'll find out.

In response to this:
an we expect to see at least 30 mill spent between now and end of TW?
@DarrenSmithTWIF

He responds:
https://twitter.com/glavey/status/1689328360260775944/analytics

Darren Smith

@DarrenSmithTWIF
·
12h

No not expecting that level of transfer fee spend between now and the end of the window.

https://twitter.com/DarrenSmithTWIF/status/1689356733070614528/analytics

There's always some who will look for negatives and always some who will behave like they deserve a Big Blade medal.

I usually keep my powder dry until the end of the transfer window and I've been supportive of the Prince by and large, but alarm bells started tinkling recently.

The propaganda from his puppets just accentuate it.

I'm still hoping I'm going to be pleasantly surprised with at least 4 quality incomings but my optimism is waning.

If people can't discuss legitimate concerns in the moment, then I'm not sure what these places are for.

Reading the message boards over last week post Ilyman I can’t believe how many moronic fans or so called fans there are dissing the club, PA and writing off the players and club before a ball is kicked.

To quote a certain Lee Anderson if you don’t like blades for having to deal with the practical economics of top players unwilling to sign new contracts then f**k off.

In my 60 years I have never known such a miserable bunch of tossers and I hope they are not sat near me at home games.

It is not ideal but Berge is no loss and several fresh dynamic new names and £40m spent should make the team better faster and younger going though the season.

Prince has his hands tied and the strategy to buy better value may well pay off instead of building team around one player who would have been marked out of many games, missing for Africa cup and off for free end of season. Berge plays one decent game out of six and goes missing most games. Keep the faith those of you who are not spineless sheep.

Quoting Lee Anderson tells me all I need to know about you.

It’s a public forum that has healthy debate.

If you’re expecting a fan base to go into a new, harder season SIGNIFICANTLY weaker and be overjoyed about it then I’d suggest this forum isn’t for you.

You're free to make your own threads and topics. Or to not read it. This is the subject of discussion because it's what people want to discuss. Nothing that's discussed here matters in the real world.

Last edited:
The main gripe is with the first few fixtures there was potential to get some points on the board with the right players in, come end of transfer window we are more than likely going to be on zero points now.
That's my concern even if we bring a few in by the end of the window.

Giving players time to settle and gel could mean we're shot of confidence and morale before we get up to speed.

Depending on the fitness of McB it's not inconceivable that we have a brand new front 5 to bed in.

Imagine United fans giving their opinion on the club, good and bad. Imagine United fans giving their opinion on players good and bad, on a Discussion Forum of all places that is actually about United where fans are supposed to go and Discuss everything about the club.

The actual cheek of them, disgusting. Can’t get my head round it.

That's my concern even if we bring a few in by the end of the window.

Giving players time to settle and gel could mean we're shot of confidence and morale before we get up to speed.

Depending on the fitness of McB it's not inconceivable that we have a brand new front 5 to bed in.
I’d be surprised if we saw McBurnie, Jebbo or Brewster for another month, we all know how these “slight knocks in training” turn out🤦‍♂️

I read it as the transfer budget is spent apart from the money from the Berge and Ndiaye deals (less the Souza fee). Guess we'll find out.

In response to this:
an we expect to see at least 30 mill spent between now and end of TW?
@DarrenSmithTWIF

He responds:

Darren Smith
@DarrenSmithTWIF
·
12h

No not expecting that level of transfer fee spend between now and the end of the window.

You may be right - who knows? Deciphering the cryptic tweets of Smith is a game for many players, but one that I fear is a certain route to madness... 😂

People seem to forget (or lack od trust) how Hecky and the team has made youngsters shine and found players like Anel.

Who remembers the way Maca looked in first game (boy vs men, or how was it?) and the player he was at the end of season?

The ugly truth is that the Ndiaye and Berge wasn't going to carry team alone in Prem and neither one seemed willing to tie new deals with the club, so what one do really?

I'm not saying it will be easy or fairytale for us now, but I also won't give up on selling 2 players and before the first match has even been started.

Back
Top Bottom