St David's Day : Blades Wales XI

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

VLYDONIMIR

Totus tuus ego sum, Maria...
Reaction score
1 : Adam Davies

and so on....

would
Trevor Hockey, Ched Evans, David Cotterill, Leon Britton
get a place in your starting XI?

1. Roy John 3 Wales caps when a Blade player
2. Dave Cotterill 4
4. David Powell 10
5. Rob Page 13
3. RND 13
6. Trevor Hockey 4
8. Gil Reece 16
7. Len Allchurch 4
9. Nathan Blake 5
10. Dean Saunders 5
11. Glyn Hodges 5

Also David Brooks 3, Joe Davies 3, Bob Evans (also played for England) 4, Ched Evans 3, Lee Evans 2, Kieron Freeman 1, Hugh Morris 1, Gareth Taylor 4.

Nathan Blake - hates us now but great goal to game ratio
What’s the story there? Didn’t realise he hated us. Really thought he was destined for better things for a while when he was with us as he looked so good at times.

in terms of UK and Ireland I think Ireland best defenders (Egan, McGrath, Stevens, Geary) but Scotland best midfielders (Fleck, MacDonald, Coutts, McCall)

What’s the story there? Didn’t realise he hated us. Really thought he was destined for better things for a while when he was with us as he looked so good at times.
Might have imagined it all in a fever dream but pretty sure he doesn’t have a nice word to say about us - may be suggestions he felt somewhat racially abused during/after his time here. Again, apologies if I’ve made all that up but I seem to recall something of that nature.

Might have imagined it all in a fever dream but pretty sure he doesn’t have a nice word to say about us - may be suggestions he felt somewhat racially abused during/after his time here. Again, apologies if I’ve made all that up but I seem to recall something of that nature.
Supposedly when he was at Bolton and they played us at the Lane.
The interview Doug Hodgson did with YorkBlade the other day and Doug mentions Blake.
Had all the talent and could have gone to the top but was lazy, he mentioned the manager who said it but can't recall who it was.

Never knew that, we can give players stick so I’d believe him in that respect. Racist abuse from Blades fans to him? Not buying that for one minute. But if he doesn’t like us fuck him 👍

----------------------------Micky Cardiff-----------------------------

Dai Nutt-----Denzil Druid--------Taff Rugby----Blodwyn Clodwynn

Dafydd Lllywellyynnllclwd---Sammy the Sheepshagger--Lord Snowdon

Micky Thomas--------------Huw Edwards-------Hugh's Coatisthisjacket?

Subs:

Leighton James
Lllanfairpwllgwyngllgogerytwchindrbwllllantisilliogogogoch
David Gower-Peninsula
Brecon Beacon
Max Boyce

pommpey

Never knew that, we can give players stick so I’d believe him in that respect. Racist abuse from Blades fans to him? Not buying that for one minute. But if he doesn’t like us fuck him 👍
I saw racist abuse against a Southend player in 1996 and this old bloke racially abusing Gus Uhlenbeek in 2000, so I can well believe Blake got racial abuse when he scored against us for Bolton in 1996.

I saw racist abuse against a Southend player in 1996 and this old bloke racially abusing Gus Uhlenbeek in 2000, so I can well believe Blake got racial abuse when he scored against us for Bolton in 1996.
As I recall he got 'you fat bastard' and mistook 'fat' for 'black'. I guess in those days there was no real way of setting the record straight. He may have got racist abuse from individuals, which is obviously abhorrent, but unfair and inaccurate to label the entire fanbase.

As I recall fans were surprised and disappointed to see him go given his goal scoring record. I certainly was. Seemed at the time Howard Kendall wanted to bring his own men in. There are obviously rumours about Howard Kendall but he brought Paul Parker in so I don't buy that he refused to work with black players.

He got abuse in the final in Cardiff given how much he'd slagged off the club and supporters in the intervening years.

Also....smug? You can label our fanbase many things but smug really isn't one of them.

Don’t doubt it mate, we have the odd bad apple like every team. Seen it on a couple of occasions myself but fellow Blades quickly stepped in and stamped it out with the mouthpiece thankfully. But when I saw the post about racist abuse and him hating us I took that as though it wasn’t a single person but more to it than that, maybe sustained racist abuse from our fans which is why I doubted it because Blades fans would not tolerate it. Anyway reading that articles above Blake doesn’t mention anything about racist abuse, just that he got abuse… more than likely called things like a fat lazy bastard which some of my mates would often call him, me personally I thought he was great for us tbh.

Don’t doubt it mate, we have the odd bad apple like every team. Seen it on a couple of occasions myself but fellow Blades quickly stepped in and stamped it out with the mouthpiece thankfully. But when I saw the post about racist abuse and him hating us I took that as though it wasn’t a single person but more to it than that, maybe sustained racist abuse from our fans which is why I doubted it because Blades fans would not tolerate it. Anyway reading that articles above Blake doesn’t mention anything about racist abuse, just that he got abuse… more than likely called things like a fat lazy bastard which some of my mates would often call him, me personally I thought he was great for us tbh.
The Southend incident was interesting in that people turned on the abuser. Which was the first time I'd ever seen that. In the 80s, racial abuse was just accepted. Every opposition black player got the monkey noise treatment from the kop and no one said anything.

It was a different world back then. In 1987, John Barnes, one of the best players in the country, joined Liverpool and some of their fans publicly opposed the signing because he's black.

The Southend incident was interesting in that people turned on the abuser. Which was the first time I'd ever seen that. In the 80s, racial abuse was just accepted. Every opposition black player got the monkey noise treatment from the kop and no one said anything.

It was a different world back then. In 1987, John Barnes, one of the best players in the country, joined Liverpool and some of their fans publicly opposed the signing because he's black.
Yeah as I said on the couple of occasions I’ve personally witnessed it it was very quickly stamped out by fellow Blades thankfully, our support is great for things like that. But I have to say this is from the mid 80s to the present day. Before that it is a very different kettle of fish, when you had acceptable racist programmes on TV it was then pretty normal to be in every part of life especially football terraces.

Back
Top Bottom