Positives from today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ShockingBadBuy

Often disappointed, never discouraged
Reaction score
In short supply, but let’s av em.

1: Will Osula. Running his blood to water deep into added time. Intelligently, too. Looked closer to being ready for this level than he previously has, as an off the bench option at least.

2: Benie Traore. StIll looks his age. Naive in some of his pressing and tackling, and in some of the runs he makes. But genuinely rapid; looked much less like a lost child than he did v Stuttgart; power to add as he beds in and gets used to a role; could flourish this season eventually, as another off the bench option.

3: Bash reprising his giraffe-on-ice Cruyff collapses … in the Prem! (a little like Leon getting a go against Liverpool in 19/20—whatever the deficiencies of the squad/recruitment/management that have allowed this to happen, what’s not to love?).

4: The first half. We were still well in the game at HT.

5: The crowd stuck with the team, despite, well, everything 🤷‍♂️

6: Better times ahead. With incomings and returns from injury, 4-6 of today‘s starting XI won’t be starting in 4-6 weeks time.

7: Pigs lost.

8: So did Forest.

9: We’re not bottom, yet.

Err, that’s it.

Last edited:

In short supply, but let’s av em.

1: Will Osula. Running his blood to water deep into added time. Intelligently, too. Looked closer to being ready for this level than he previously has, as an off the bench option at least.

2: Benie Traore. StIll looks his age. Naive in some of his pressing and tackling, and in some of the runs he makes. But genuinely rapid; looked much less like a lost child than he did v Stuttgart; power to add as he beds in and gets used to a role; could flourish this season eventually, as another off the bench option.

3: Bash reprising his giraffe-on-ice Cruyff collapses … in the Prem! (a little like Leon getting a go against Liverpool in 19/20—whatever the deficiencies of the squad/recruitment/management that have allowed this to happen, what’s not to love?).

4: The first half. We were still well in the game at HT.

5: The crowd stuck with the team, despite, well, everything 🤷‍♂️

6: Better times ahead. With incomings and returns from injury, 4-6 of today‘s starting XI won’t be starting in 4-6 weeks time.

7: Pigs lost.

8: So did Forest.

9: We’re not bottom, yet.

Err, that’s it.
VAR didn't get involved

We were limited as we all know today but I can accept how we played today, everyone put a shift in, that's all you can ask for with so many missing. The fans were good too, was great to be back at the lane. With Hamer, Doyle - it seems, and Souza to come in, possibly Archer too, we'll be a different outfit then than now. Disappointed with the result but proud how
much graft we put in today.

Saw the teamsheet today (working abroad so haven't been). Realised straight away that we were going to lose and create next to nothing. They didn't disappoint. So shrug of the shoulders from me today.

We were never going to be ready today so for me, the fixture was a right off. Onto next week and a reminder if one needed to the board, that the team we have is simply not good enough. You want a chance to stay up....spend and recruit some attacking quality, or don't spend.... we go down. That's it really. If you want to sit at the top bar with the stars then you better take your wallet with you and be prepared to get the drinks in occasionally.

I thought we genuinely lacked some out and out brute strength at times, all over the pitch, but particularly up top.

It just didn’t stick. We relied too much on balls in to the channels and this was often a reason why we turned over possession as well.

Not sure Akpom or Archer would be the answer here.

Need a big strong 6’3” striker who can also play a bit. Not asking much !!

UTB

Effort will not save us. But if a team to a man gives 100%, you cannot ask more.

We know that half the team are sub par quality wise but all 11 starters literally tried their utmost for us.

I’m really glad stayed with them, they deserved it.

It will get better with influx of better players, but I don’t feel too downbeat. If a team tries that hard regardless of result they’ll get my clap/ support.

Pretty much what I expected given the line up.

My main disappointment was that Hecky didn't give Slimane and Souza at least 30 mins. Not one of that midfield will be regulars so why not blood the new boys so they are ready for Forest?

How do they get match fit without the minutes and are we really going to play tje same 3 on Friday ?

I thought we did as well as we could have, with a midfield that is unlikely to be in place for long and a pair of young lads up front.

Palace didn't have to do a lot, but we didn't embarrass ourselves either and there were some strong individual performances.

Once Hamer is involved, Souza and Slimane are properly up to speed and we get the likes of Doyle in, the midfield is sorted. Just need some experience up front too.

Positive - manager - Hecky probably decided this team early in the week based on what he knew we would have and picked the team then. He got them playing as a unit. Played only one of our signings, Bennie, who was my m.o.t.m. There is no point chucking all the new players in all at once as they would not know our pattern of play. I would be happy to change one player for Forest bringing in Hamer for Bash. The crowd was good today We have to be patient.

Incident in the second half when we broke away with Benni and Osula. Ball played into Osula who smashed it into the side netting.

Not one other Blades player was up with that attack. Our midfield were either knackered or been instructed to play more as a defensive unit and remain deep.

Palace had players swarming all over our aea when they attacked.

Not a critiscm. I was impressed by the fight and spirit.

Generally we defended well, bodies on the line and all that jazz.
We showed a lot of spirit and fight.

There was a huge gap in quality between us and Palace.
Our midfield wasn't even Championship standard today, we looked like a side we'd put out to play in the EFL Cup to me.
The attack was isolated with no support or belief, at no point did we put them under any pressure, which is incredible really when we're the home side.
Today reminded me of when a league 1 club plays a Premier League side in the FA cup.

Think they found the match so easy, it took them by surprise and they stayed in 2nd gear.

The positives for me were.

1: We only lost 0-1, so it hasn't destroyed confidence, when 0-3 would have been fairer and on a bad day could have been 0-5
1: Team showed fight and effort.
2: Our defence was decent considering it was under almost constant pressure.
3: The crowd were good
4: Thought Brooks looks calm and assured when he came on.
5: Thought Osula showed promise but no where near PL standard.

Its not rocket science but with N'Diaye, Berge, McAtee and Doyle we now have zero creativity or high quality.
Todays teams is nailed on to finish bottom, sounds bad doesn't it?
However we should have several top quality players to come in.
If we get the players we expect then we do have a realistic chance of staying up and I'm still feeling positive, Hamer is a great start but there will be others too.

I thought Wes was easily the man of the match made some great saves and looked commanding today.

Traore and Osula linked up well and I thought they did well given the lack of service and no protection from Palace players Eze and Ayew diving around all the time it was pathetic.

I think with Hamer and Souza and possibly a new midfielder hopefully Doyle coming in that can link up with them they may create far more chances for Osula and Traore.

Back
Top Bottom