Olsen, Moore and Howard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Robin Olsen, Mark Howard and Simon Moore have all featured prominently in the FA Cup this weekend. And all made mistakes, Olsen's last minute blunder being the worst. All goalkeepers make mistakes but a big part of our success this season has been how reliable Foderingham has played. (And yes I have jinxed it now so that Mark Howard is man of the match when we play Wrexham!)

Olsen has been terrible for Villa every time he's played too pretty much

Olsen has been terrible for Villa every time he's played too pretty much

When Olsen was our keeper, we had a cup game, and Wes was in goal, and me and everyone around me at the ground were saying "shouldn't this bloke be our number one?"

Olsen was garbage.

Jokanovic, worse than Adkins..

It should have took some doing, but he pissed it didn't he..

Edit:

When Olsen was our keeper, we had a cup game, and Wes was in goal, and me and everyone around me at the ground were saying "shouldn't this bloke be our number one?"

Olsen was garbage.
I’m pretty sure there was one poster who used to say that ‘Sweden’s no1’ was much better than Wes. Not rocket science to work out which poster.

Just watched the highlights. Robin Olsen 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. My god hes fucking crap.

Olsen is absolutely fkg shocking , how in fucks name he’s an international is beyond belief .
Liked Moore in his time with us , Wilder knew we needed a new keeper and he did a good job ,

...but he did all the 'unseen work' if I recall correctly. 😉

Adkins should have been sacked for that comment on its own.. Patronising and disrespectful to the whole of our support..

Wilder dealt with that limpet sharpish though, credit where its due..

When you look at Sweden they don't have alot to choose from in the goalkeeper front which is unusual for international teams in that area (Finland, Denmark etc usually strong). They played a friendly match yesterday and started with a 23 year old keeper on debut who plays in the Norwegian leagues, most of the rest of their options play in the Swedish leagues and not a Malmo or others. Olsen although international has to be up there as the biggest liability of a keeper even Jags was better.

Olsen has actually been rather good when playing for Sweden.

Yes, it's an odd one. I felt pretty happy when he joined. He does well for Sweden, and if I remember rightly the Everton fans' comments on him in Roy's 'View From' weren't too bad. Yet for us and for Villa he's been poor.

It's not that there are a huge number of the goals he concedes where you can actually put it down as goalkeeping error (although there are a few). It's more that there are a lot where you feel he might have got to it, and he never does. He just seems very easy to beat; as if his reflexes aren't very good, so he's always just too late to the ball.

Yes, it's an odd one. I felt pretty happy when he joined. He does well for Sweden, and if I remember rightly the Everton fans' comments on him in Roy's 'View From' weren't too bad. Yet for us and for Villa he's been poor.

It's not that there are a huge number of the goals he concedes where you can actually put it down as goalkeeping error (although there are a few). It's more that there are a lot where you feel he might have got to it, and he never does. He just seems very easy to beat; as if his reflexes aren't very good, so he's always just too late to the ball.
Olsen lacks determination, unless he's playing for his country. He's not the best anyway, but he's a 75% effort player. Far too slow to get down. Far too half-assed to try and hold things. Or maybe he just needs glasses?

Back
Top Bottom