Video on sky sports football app - our owner talking about Wilder's departure

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well done for jumping in on a question I didn't ask you and for taking it completely out of context. WTF?
Did you post a gloating post with a smiling face about people "massively in the Wilder camp" being wrong? No? Then it wasn't about you, was it?
I expect Champagneblade to be along shortly to point out that I'd missed the "those of us" bit, for which he'll get some feet shuffling and a mumbled apology.
I have read your various posts during the day and they have all been entirely skewed towards an anti PA tirade and raking up reasons to disbelieve him. I simply couldn’t be arsed to trawl back and find them and link them to my comments. I don’t deny your right to distrust him or to post to that effect. I do object to your assumption that other people are too stupid to be able to make their own assessment. It’s the patronising ‘I’m just trying to warn you all for your own good’ twaddle that gets to me.

Because he's getting slagged off to high heaven by a hate campaign fuelled by his former employee and friends who are using the media and social media to undermine the club?
The best/only way to stop a hate campaign is to appoint a good manager and start winning games.

Going tit for tat with the ex manager and his mates will just prolong the media pain

And I'd say signing a NDA or whatever that is ,is not even closing the back door as you leave by it .something's are more important than another wheelbarrow of money ,personal pride .
But I suppose that's a old fashioned viewpoint in this me me me society.

They have made him sign an agreement to not speak and then come out and slaughtered him!

This is meant to be a PL football club
They have made him sign an agreement to not speak and then come out and slaughtered him!

This is meant to be a PL football club
He wasn’t slaughtered the Prince spoke highly of him, this is like Covid or brexit, if you on wilders side then nothing will change your mind. Any other club would have sacked him. Now go away and listen to the 30 minute interview then apologise for your stupidity.

Except McCabe wasn't trying to screw the Prince with an underhand move that went against the spirit of the contract he'd signed. He tried to force his hand in the belief that he couldn't afford it. That's not underhand or screwing him, that's triggering the clause that both had agreed to. If I remember the timing correctly it was before promotion looked anything like probable and the Prince got lucky, having done something underhand to prolong the point of having to stump up until the money was in the club.
McCabe miscalculated. I would go so far as to say stupid. That doesn't change what the Prince did - sort of forgotten because he "won". My point in all this is to counter the readiness with which everything the Prince has just said as open, honest, genuine, throwing light on it, etc. etc.
I listed a few of the things that didn't seem to stack up for me. Could it be that it isn't all the straight forward truth some want it to be?

So McCabe offering him £5m whilst negotiating an £80m deal isn’t the same?

The Last paragraph. That could work both ways.

Must admit I haven't read every single post of this thread so apologise if I'm repeating what others have already written. But basically I believe Wilder has now realised his limitations in management and can't see any Premier club wanting to hire him, not even top half Championship clubs. Wilder is best suited at lower league clubs who's owner is happy for him to take complete control of all matters. I'm also sure this is where he is happiest. Owners are money men not football men and in Wilder they will be able to let him get on with it and take almost full control. That's what's happened with us, but as soon as we hit the big time he simply can't hack it long term.

If he wanted to hand in his resignation as early in December, that must have filtered down to the players and it's no wonder we never turned the corner with any sign of improvement. The club just stagnated.
I've always been behind CW and even up to yesterday I posted on the thread that I'd welcome him back with open arms, but now I have heard the facts I have to say with a heavy heart, I'm pleased he's gone. If ever I pass him on the street I'd shake his hand for 4 years of fantastic memories, but I'm very happy now we've parted ways. It's best for the Club.

My support is firmly behind the Prince and the new manager. Just hope PA gets the appointment right and I think he will.

The best/only way to stop a hate campaign is to appoint a good manager and start winning games.

Going tit for tat with the ex manager and his mates will just prolong the media pain

If I start posting things about you on here. Get other members to post things about you. Going to stay schtum?

I would rather this was all out of the public eye but when you have a former manager throwing allegations around via his friends and friends in the media, you can't just stay silent. If you remember, Biggs was reporting Chris' demands a few days before this all kicked-off.

Didn’t Halifax go bust while he was there? They certainly had a lot of issues.

Jordan has a right to his opinion and I don’t entirely disagree with some of his points but they’re not facts.
I listened to it live. He was talking about here not his entire career.

So McCabe offering him £5m whilst negotiating an £80m deal isn’t the same?

The Last paragraph. That could work both ways.
McCabe's embarrassing carry on was on balance worse, in my opinion. He not only lost the club but the good will of a lot of his supporters. Are you saying the Prince was justified because McCabe was worse? Did the Prince know about the deal to sell at the time?

And yes, the last paragraph could.

If I start posting things about you on here. Get other members to post things about you. Going to stay schtum?

I would rather this was all out of the public eye but when you have a former manager throwing allegations around via his friends and friends in the media, you can't just stay silent. If you remember, Biggs was reporting Chris' demands a few days before this all kicked-off.

If we take this exchange, for example, we can go back and forth forever, either in a reasoned way or more aggressively. At some point one of us will stop responding. Then the other will stop posting on this topic. The posts will draft into history and everyone including us will move on.

I understand why he's felt the need to do it, but I just think it's a mistake.

McCabe's embarrassing carry on was on balance worse, in my opinion. He not only lost the club but the good will of a lot of his supporters. Are you saying the Prince was justified because McCabe was worse? Did the Prince know about the deal to sell at the time?

The only thing l’m saying is l find the requirement for some to put virtually all the blame on one or the other, despite very little actual proof being out there, strange.

I am very conflicted about Wilder. Love him for everything he has done for the club but something has not been right for a while.

What PA is saying is similar to what we have heard already but he just put more meat on the bones. Even in the interview he agrees with some things Wilder has said such as the loss of fans being a factor on results. I really do believe PA personally never wanted Chris to go and want to make things work going forward whether the rest of board shared that view is a different matter. We have said for a while as fans that Wilder needed to look further in the transfer market.

Like everyone has said there are two sides to the story, maybe the board were messing Wilder around and things were not as clear cut as PA has said.

If we take this exchange, for example, we can go back and forth forever, either in a reasoned way or more aggressively. At some point one of us will stop responding. Then the other will stop posting on this topic. The posts will draft into history and everyone including us will move on.

I understand why he's felt the need to do it, but I just think it's a mistake.

I can see your point. If this ends here, at least until Wilder gets another job or his NDA is up, then I think it's fine. If it carries on, you might be right.

You need specsavers my friend if you see it like that! If you say you want to resign twice & ask for compo. how is that being browbeaten?
Listen to the interview in full and read between the lines. He says “I don’t want to criticise Chris” a lot and then goes onto criticise.

He also says that in the meetings he told Wilder what he thought of his January 2020 JTW and then his subsequent recruitment for this season as well as why he withdrew funds for January. To me that’s probably going to result in Wilder being pissed off and de-motivated.

As I’ve said, he’s not faultless and some of it needs flagging to Wilder, but if he’s saying “I don’t want to sack you but” all the time, it’s an attempt at grinding the bloke down to me and perhaps a reason why Wilder has been so down in his interviews.

Most people have pinned their colours to one side or the other, I’m trying to not take what Abdullah says at face value, as there are serious contradictions throughout the 30 minute interview.

Not a lot of point debating the issue with you as you have made your mind up that it is all the fault of PA. Throughout this thread you have constantly sniped at the Prince saying he is untrustworthy even bringing up the court case for the ownership to throw mud his way, about the only thing you haven't done is openly call him a lying cunt.

Pretty sure he's quoting Wilder's mate word for word in the last bit. Most of these no marks don't have any original thoughts.
Apparently you need a certain level of followers before Wit will entertain your comments this evening.

I wonder what happened to the last bloke that crossed Prince Abdullah bin Musa'ad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud

D8CEC1D1-E0BD-48D5-920F-76303A33484C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom