ethan ebanks landell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I posted this earlier in an Ethan Ebanks-Landell forum after using the search function.
Do I win a prize? :)

If we can get him on a similar length contract to Moore and O'Connell, there's a nice foundation there at the back for a good couple of years, even if we were to go up. I like that situation.

perhaps the fans could also make an effort to show EEL he is wanted. perhaps create a song in his honour. He's gone a beard for instance. We can then persuade him to come back on wages we can't afford. What could possibly go wrong

Needs a bit of work but - to the tune of the Anfield Rap:

Ethan. He can. He's our defensive man.

He's from just south of the M42.

They try to get past him but can they hell

Ethan Ebanks - L Andell

(Need John Barney to jazz it up!)

We should do something with the Eels song from Mighty Boosh. "EEL's up inside ya/Finding an entrance where he can" would probably work better if he was an attacker though...

perhaps the fans could also make an effort to show EEL he is wanted. perhaps create a song in his honour. He's gone a beard for instance. We can then persuade him to come back on wages we can't afford. What could possibly go wrong
Well they're certainly doing that on Twitter b67. All a bit cringeworthy TBH mate just like.. erm, whatshisname.

To the tune of Snap - Rythm is a dancer:

Ethan Ebanks Landell
He is such a handful
He will win it in the air

Woooooooah, it is Landell,
Woooooooah, he will win it in the air
Woooooooah, it is Landell
Woooooooah....

Edit:

Ethan Ebanks Landell
He is such a handful

Ethan Ebanks Landell
He is such a handful
Smashing people everywhere

Woooooooah, Ebanks Landell
Woooooooah, smashing people everywhere

Repeat

The problem will be.

We offer him £4,000, the same as the other regular centre backs.

His agent will say he just wants to feel wanted
And we should give him £12,000 a week.

We'll make a final offer of £5,000 a week and say he's has job satisfaction at SU.
His agent will say they can easily play the waiting game as they are confident a championship club will come in and offer close to £10,000.

What should United do?
Break the budget and risk another Brayford/ Hammond situation?

I suspect the whole deal will rest on whether we get promoted or not.
If we reman in league 1 I doubt EEL will want to commit unless we offer massive wages.

Also there's the possibility of Wolves giving him a 1 year extension so I suppose we would need to pay them a transfer figure which effects the wages available to pay EEL.

If he has a really strong season in L1 then with the money in the Championship now I think someone in that league would offer him 8k+ just to be a squad player. Whether we can sign him if we're not promoted depends on just how well he does this season. If we can't get him in January we'll have to hope he's good but not too good for the rest of the season.

If he has a really strong season in L1 then with the money in the Championship now I think someone in that league would offer him 8k+ just to be a squad player. Whether we can sign him if we're not promoted depends on just how well he does this season. If we can't get him in January we'll have to hope he's good but not too good for the rest of the season.

Totally agree Ricky.

The irony is if he plays too well then it means there's less chance of us signing him.
The bottom line is we need promotion to stand a chance, it changed everything.

Also let's not forget he's now in the shop window and playing for his career.
You see it so many times that as soon as a player signs a good contract their desire and performance levels take an immediately dip, like Bradford.

The problem will be.

We'll make a final offer of £5,000 a week and say he's has job satisfaction at SU.
His agent will say they can easily play the waiting game as they are confident a championship club will come in and offer close to £10,000.

What should United do?

If we reman in league 1 I doubt EEL will want to commit unless we offer massive wages.

Also there's the possibility of Wolves giving him a 1 year extension so I suppose we would need to pay them a transfer figure which effects the wages available to pay EEL.
Or it could be 'They dint want thi last season an we rescued thi from under 23 obscurity. Dunt thah think thad bi better of wee us? 'Ere's 5 grand a week kiddo an tha canav 8grand a week IF wi gerrup!

How about this, to the tune of the chorus of classic local rockers Saxon's "Wheels of Steel", after he clatters some forward to the ground and clears the ball, ......

"EEL's made of steel
I said EEL's Sheffield Steel"

If we get promoted then we should be able to sign him and better players comfortably because there will be the arival of the vast investment from HRH that McCabe promised.

I am 100% confident our owner would not mislead us on something as fundamental as that.

:rolleyes:

Ethan Ebanks Landell
He's a f***in handful

Ethan Ebanks Landell
He's a f***in handful
Smashing people everywhere

Woooooooah, Wooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaah

Made a couple of tweeks for you, but this surely is a winner.

The problem will be.

What should United do?

We should offer him what we feel he's worth, and if he chooses to go elsewhere, then so be it.

I do like him, but he's not the only good center half in the world. We supposedly offer great wages for our level and we should be able to compete financially with several Championship clubs, should we promoted.

Back
Top Bottom