just glad for Chris

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Tip : Sack the suit and stick with the trackie :)

Good idea - at least it will save him from buying a new suit and tie - personally I'm sick of seeing that grey thing with the maroon tie (is it his "lucky" tie from Northampton). We all know superstitions associating various items of clothing etc with good fortune is a load of claptrap otherwise we would have got rid of our "unlucky" Owner, and have been straight in for this bloke with a blankety, blank cheque book and pen. Like I said superstitious claptrap.:p

Lucky_Idahor2.jpg Lucky Issy Idahor

PS - when we play please can we not wear white shorts with a red and white shirt - it actually is a harbinger of doom and its why we have a proper away strip. White shorts - 2 matches 2 defeats.:p

Well done for the victory Chris but I think you have either a very long season ahead of you or a nice long holiday spending the compensation money. I hear that financial consultants Nigel & Nigel (very) Limited offer an excellent advice service and are very experienced.:D

Whoever selected the photo for his column in the programme didn't do him any favours. It made him look like he is on the edge of a breakdown!

Delighted for Wilder. He seemed devastated on the radio after Millwall.

Agree we haven't played too well so far, but we have also been punished at every possible opportunity and with a little luck and better finishing could have got another 4 or so points so far, and be ready to push on.

Hopefully we make some additions, and go on a run now.

It's idiotic.
If you want to debate properly then take your own advice.
He asked you to elaborate and you cited a few vague cliches like 'poor management decisions'.
Debate with him and put some meat on the bones rather than simply dismissing him as a "clapper", wherever the hell thats supposed to be.

The clapper / slasher nonsense is a real irritation and could only really apply to a very small section of the support at either end of the spectrum. Lots of fans are looking for the bright side since yesterdays win but there is a reasonable case to still be very concerned as pointed out by Fulwood Blade . We were marginally better than Oxford yesterday, were a bit lucky to get a point against Rochdale and were blown away by the mighty Southend. Hopefully the new look back five (as of 2nd half) can build some confidence into the rest of the team and stop throwing away cheap goals, but my main concern still is centre midfield where we have consistently lost the 2nd ball for most of the season. This is the most important aspect of the side to strengthen as we have goals in the squad, albeit from strikers who haven't been in the greatest form yet.

The fact that Wilder is now relying on Coutts as a first choice centre midfielder is of some concern to me and many others I'm sure.

Others mistakes that are clear now include Hussy, George Long, and playing all pre season with one formation and then ditching it for the opening game.

Hope he can resolve these issues and tear us to promotion but I didn't see enough improvement yesterday to convince me that is going to happen

1/2 We tried for a few but.
Evens We can`t understand how our bid wasn`t received before the window shut.
3/1 Chris wasn `t prepared to pay over his value for Sam and we`ll wait for Lavery.
5/2 We`re going with what we`ve got. Oxford was the turning point. We`ll look again in January.

I`ll get back to you when I`ve made my selection!

brinkmanship , thet will drop prices a bit when they see we mean we wont go overboard
worked with Bury
may have to pay the asking price though as theres no loan window now so cant go down that road

its an opinion I subscribe too
we need 2 more for certain 3 or 4 would be nice
We only need more because the quality of the new arrivals hasn't been sufficient.

We would have only needed about 9 new players provided the quality was there and we hadn't loaned Brayford.

GK, CB, CB, CM, CM, Winger, ST

Then a back up CB and CM.

I think it's better to classify people on here as either Closhers or Slappers.
That way, you don't offend anyone too much because we all know there's a bit of Closher and a smidgeon of slapper in all of us, right?

Knill was talking it up about the need for more players in his interview on RS after the game, although I think he said something along the lines of needing a bigger squad to compete with the better teams, hope he means players who can go straight into the first team apposed to into the squad

Knill was talking it up about the need for more players in his interview on RS after the game, although I think he said something along the lines of needing a bigger squad to compete with the better teams, hope he means players who can go straight into the first team apposed to into the squad

Haven't heard the interview yet so not sure what he said, but I agree with your point I mentioned other week the players we sign have got to be able to go straight in the first team. We've spent nigh on 2 years trying to get rid of shit squad fillers, last thing we need is some more.

We only need more because the quality of the new arrivals hasn't been sufficient.

We would have only needed about 9 new players provided the quality was there and we hadn't loaned Brayford.

GK, CB, CB, CM, CM, Winger, ST

Then a back up CB and CM.
how can we make judgement on new players on 4 games
thats not possible

some players fall into place but most take a few weeks to months to settle

the much missed Murphy
didnt actually set the place on fire at first did he

Shock , horror , manager signs a player and finds out he's not good enough ,
Step forward nearly 100% of managers ,
It's how our manager reacts to it that will define him as our boss , and who he'll sign to replace
said player(s) .
Well done Chris for yesterday's result , let's try and build a bit of mo over the next couple of weeks ,
Only 96 more points neede for my prediction to come true .
Clapper here . :mad:
Oh sir Dave couldn't save us from relegation in his first year , but look what happened in the next few years .
Some on here would have wanted him sacked for that , but wanted to keep Blackie , who should have gone after Burnley , not after uncle Colin showed him who was the guvner v QPR .

thats not possible

the much missed Murphy
I'd agree we can't make any full judgements yet, but on the evidence so far it doesn't look good.

The clapper / slasher nonsense is a real irritation and could only really apply to a very small section of the support at either end of the spectrum. Lots of fans are looking for the bright side since yesterdays win but there is a reasonable case to still be very concerned as pointed out by Fulwood Blade . We were marginally better than Oxford yesterday, were a bit lucky to get a point against Rochdale and were blown away by the mighty Southend. Hopefully the new look back five (as of 2nd half) can build some confidence into the rest of the team and stop throwing away cheap goals, but my main concern still is centre midfield where we have consistently lost the 2nd ball for most of the season. This is the most important aspect of the side to strengthen as we have goals in the squad, albeit from strikers who haven't been in the greatest form yet.

The fact that Wilder is now relying on Coutts as a first choice centre midfielder is of some concern to me and many others I'm sure.

Others mistakes that are clear now include Hussy, George Long, and playing all pre season with one formation and then ditching it for the opening game.

Hope he can resolve these issues and tear us to promotion but I didn't see enough improvement yesterday to convince me that is going to happen

Coutts is a concern, but is probably 2nd in the CM list after Fleck.

UTB

ahha - yet ANOTHER clapper - well you can have your opinions as much as I can.

Just for your benefit then,

The signings this season have been poor.
The management decisions up to date in pre season have been poor.
The tactics employed by players from last season and this season have been debateable.

Have YOU actually listened to the comments of Chris Wilder before and after games? He is saying a lot of the same as the so called "slashers" on here.

Some of us have seen what happened last time we were relegated from this division - can you?

I have no doubt that numerous players are trying their hearts out - that fact that I and others think they are frankly NOT GOOD ENOUGH to get out of this division or make a reasonable challenge for the top 2 positions is risible. If YOU think it's good enough, then fine, that is YOUR opinion.

We are not doing anything like what CW said we would do pre-season. He has admitted (on camera) that he has made bad choices and now doubts that some of his squad are incapable of handing what is needed at SUFC - in effect saying, he has got it WRONG.

Now, I wish him and Alan Knill all the very best, I hope they get it right - BUT, any SUFC side that eventually gets out of this division will be vastly different to what played yesterday.

To end - me and my nipper were one of the few in the South Stand that sung GCB at the start of the 2nd half and was the worst effort I have ever heard from our stand - that is where this club was at half time.

We can all hope we get better - but please do not tell me my understanding of our present position is anything but rosy - the evidence is everywhere to see, hear and read. As for being negative, I agree - but it WILL continue, I can assure you of that UNTIL it shows the sort of improvement that is warranted from OUR football club - note the OUR.........it's not yours and it's not mine - we all invest in it in all sorts of ways, and I suspect I may have invested a lot longer than you.

Onwards and upwards.................hopefully.

UTB
ahha - yet ANOTHER clapper - well you can have your opinions as much as I can.

Just for your benefit then,

The signings this season have been poor.
The management decisions up to date in pre season have been poor.
The tactics employed by players from last season and this season have been debateable.

Have YOU actually listened to the comments of Chris Wilder before and after games? He is saying a lot of the same as the so called "slashers" on here.

Some of us have seen what happened last time we were relegated from this division - can you?

I have no doubt that numerous players are trying their hearts out - that fact that I and others think they are frankly NOT GOOD ENOUGH to get out of this division or make a reasonable challenge for the top 2 positions is risible. If YOU think it's good enough, then fine, that is YOUR opinion.

We are not doing anything like what CW said we would do pre-season. He has admitted (on camera) that he has made bad choices and now doubts that some of his squad are incapable of handing what is needed at SUFC - in effect saying, he has got it WRONG.

Now, I wish him and Alan Knill all the very best, I hope they get it right - BUT, any SUFC side that eventually gets out of this division will be vastly different to what played yesterday.

To end - me and my nipper were one of the few in the South Stand that sung GCB at the start of the 2nd half and was the worst effort I have ever heard from our stand - that is where this club was at half time.

We can all hope we get better - but please do not tell me my understanding of our present position is anything but rosy - the evidence is everywhere to see, hear and read. As for being negative, I agree - but it WILL continue, I can assure you of that UNTIL it shows the sort of improvement that is warranted from OUR football club - note the OUR.........it's not yours and it's not mine - we all invest in it in all sorts of ways, and I suspect I may have invested a lot longer than you.

Onwards and upwards.................hopefully.

UTB

Still don't get your point. People are being positive about YESTERDAYS game and you're spouting negativity at them. The posts you are commenting on are in regards to YESTERDAYS game but you're bringing all this unnecessary negative tripe into it. When can people demonstrate a little positivity if not after a WIN? Time and a place mate.

Still don't get your point. People are being positive about YESTERDAYS game and you're spouting negativity at them. The posts you are commenting on are in regards to YESTERDAYS game but you're bringing all this unnecessary negative tripe into it. When can people demonstrate a little positivity if not after a WIN? Time and a place mate.

What do you suggest? On a successful match day all sceptical opinions must be postponed until Monday? Or maybe +ve and -ve threads so nobody gets offended?

How about treating the Forum for what it is? A forum.

Am as delighted as anyone with the result, and hope it is the turning of a corner. But it is far from unreasonable to question whether this will actually be the case.

First of all, I am not your mate - but we all Blades.

Second thing - It's a forum and there is an ignore button if needed.

Other than that - glad you are easily pleased with what's being dished up. I presume you read post #51? This is what we do.............................on a forum.

Here's a tip - go and seek out pommpey - you'll enjoy that confrontation much more than you will with me. You'll get roasted, but that's just another opinion.

UTB

thats not possible

the much missed Murphy

It's a point I've made before, but I'll make it again. Warnocks success rate on signings was about 20%. The thing was we had the resources to sign about 20 players a season and he used to buy people for peanuts as well, so he'd get 4 decent players and the rest were shit and left to rot in the reserves.

Now we have much more limited resources a shit signing has a big impact on both wages and the strength of the squad as a whole. Wilder is no better/worse (edit, he's better than Adkins) than most managers when signing players, he's just unfortunate that the mistakes of those before him and left him needing to get it right 75% of the time and we're up shit creek if he doesn't.

The only concern is that we might get rid of him prematurely. He is a very good player. Potentially (fitness and attitude) the best in this league.

Surely even CW can see Coutts can link the play like no one else other than Fleck in this squad. He has issues, but he keeps the ball moving quickly.

We need to make changes to the team somewhere - I could live with Coutts in CM if we have an absolute rock solid defence that gave little away.

UTB

The only concern is that we might get rid of him prematurely. He is a very good player. Potentially (fitness and attitude) the best in this league.

But can't score goals or offer assists.

Even your antichrist Booker scored a few ;-)

I'd agree we can't make any full judgements yet, but on the evidence so far it doesn't look good.

ss I said the evidence on Murphy looked decidedly dodgy his first 4 games
so its its only fair we give all newbies a bit of slack

It's a point I've made before, but I'll make it again. Warnocks success rate on signings was about 20%. The thing was we had the resources to sign about 20 players a season and he used to buy people for peanuts as well, so he'd get 4 decent players and the rest were shit and left to rot in the reserves.

Now we have much more limited resources a shit signing has a big impact on both wages and the strength of the squad as a whole. Wilder is no better/worse (edit, he's better than Adkins) than most managers when signing players, he's just unfortunate that the mistakes of those before him and left him needing to get it right 75% of the time and we're up shit creek if he doesn't.
if it turns out to be a shit signing , yes I agree , but 4 games in is way way to early to pass judgement on lads that are still unpacking in their digs

I wonder if any one who posts on here has ever started a new job , and took a week or 2 to find their feet, or have they all been performing 100 per cent from minute one

if they claim they have , they are fucking liars
I could name around 40 players who are revered at the Lane , who didnt impress in their first few weeks

Last edited:

if it turns out to be a shit signing , yes I agree , but 4 games in is way way to early to pass judgement on lads that are still unpacking in their digs

I wonder if any one who posts on here has ever started a new job , and took a week or 2 to find their feet, or have they all been performing 100 per cent from minute one

if they claim they have , they are fucking liars
I could name around 40 players who are revered at the Lane , who didnt impress in their first few weeks

Go on then.

Back
Top Bottom