just glad for Chris

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blade too long

weve come home
Reaction score
an unlucky defeat at bolton a ludicrous hand ball stopping us getting a draw at millwall who won at a canter at chessy today
CW hadnt had much luck so far
but a win gets us out of the bottom 4 and will boost the confidence of a squad of strangers
still finding their feet and getting to know each other

A few more additions by Tuesday , things will start to look a little more promising

toughed it out and won it with guts and endeavour
and an increasing understanding , which we look forward to continue to improve

an unlucky defeat at bolton a ludicrous hand ball stopping us getting a draw at millwall who won at a canter at chessy today
but a win gets us out of the bottom 4 and will boost the confidence of a squad of strangers

A few more additions by Tuesday , things will start to look a little more promising

Were you the one supping vodka and coke in the South stand today?

UTB

There was nothing unlucky about the defeat at Bolton. Have you been chatting to McCabe lately?

A few more additions by Tuesday. That`s where you lost me. Right there.

46 games is more than enough to make your own luck.

There was nothing remotely unlucky about the defeat at Bolton. Which was the better team is debatable, but luck played no part in the result whatsoever.

UTB
All you've done is spout negativity after the win. I'm sorry but it's quite clear your level of football understanding is very low. It's boring. You're boring. Like I asked on a previous post please elaborate. Give us some footballing insight which justifies some of the negative nonsense you seem intent on manifesting.

Ggrrruuuummmmmmpppppppphhhhhhhhh.

Yeh glad for Wilder but remain to be convinced he's our chosen one. Need to see a bit more walk after all the talk. Reyt hard job he's taken on so plenty of slack but patience is thin and emotions high when we are losing whoever said fault it is or isn't.

Completely agree. The amount of individual errors that have cost us this season is embarrassing, but people still blaming Wilder.

Or Adkins, or Clough. Thatcher sometimes gets a mention as well.

Ggrrruuuummmmmmpppppppphhhhhhhhh.

Yeh glad for Wilder but remain to be convinced he's our chosen one. Need to see a bit more walk after all the talk. Reyt hard job he's taken on so plenty of slack but patience is thin and emotions high when we are losing whoever said fault it is or isn't.

Let's be right though, he IS a Blade and that seems to have earned him a deep well of goodwill not given to many other managers. Hopefully it will be deep enough. At least one poster has indulged in a bit of revisionalism and now blames the poor start all on individual mistakes by players.

Unanimous opinion on here seems to be we need 2-3 more additions by the deadline, I wonder if we'll get them over the line?

All you've done is spout negativity after the win. I'm sorry but it's quite clear your level of football understanding is very low. It's boring. You're boring. Like I asked on a previous post please elaborate. Give us some footballing insight which justifies some of the negative nonsense you seem intent on manifesting.

ahha - yet ANOTHER clapper - well you can have your opinions as much as I can.

Just for your benefit then,

The signings this season have been poor.
The management decisions up to date in pre season have been poor.
The tactics employed by players from last season and this season have been debateable.

Have YOU actually listened to the comments of Chris Wilder before and after games? He is saying a lot of the same as the so called "slashers" on here.

Some of us have seen what happened last time we were relegated from this division - can you?

I have no doubt that numerous players are trying their hearts out - that fact that I and others think they are frankly NOT GOOD ENOUGH to get out of this division or make a reasonable challenge for the top 2 positions is risible. If YOU think it's good enough, then fine, that is YOUR opinion.

We are not doing anything like what CW said we would do pre-season. He has admitted (on camera) that he has made bad choices and now doubts that some of his squad are incapable of handing what is needed at SUFC - in effect saying, he has got it WRONG.

Now, I wish him and Alan Knill all the very best, I hope they get it right - BUT, any SUFC side that eventually gets out of this division will be vastly different to what played yesterday.

To end - me and my nipper were one of the few in the South Stand that sung GCB at the start of the 2nd half and was the worst effort I have ever heard from our stand - that is where this club was at half time.

We can all hope we get better - but please do not tell me my understanding of our present position is anything but rosy - the evidence is everywhere to see, hear and read. As for being negative, I agree - but it WILL continue, I can assure you of that UNTIL it shows the sort of improvement that is warranted from OUR football club - note the OUR.........it's not yours and it's not mine - we all invest in it in all sorts of ways, and I suspect I may have invested a lot longer than you.

Onwards and upwards.................hopefully.

UTB

There wil be more in .like a little wager on it

1/2 We tried for a few but.
Evens We can`t understand how our bid wasn`t received before the window shut.
3/1 Chris wasn `t prepared to pay over his value for Sam and we`ll wait for Lavery.
5/2 We`re going with what we`ve got. Oxford was the turning point. We`ll look again in January.

I`ll get back to you when I`ve made my selection!

UTB
Let's be right though, he IS a Blade and that seems to have earned him a deep well of goodwill not given to many other managers. Hopefully it will be deep enough. At least one poster has indulged in a bit of revisionalism and now blames the poor start all on individual mistakes by players.

We're 5 games in. I'm sure most managers get 5 games of goodwill.

ahha - yet ANOTHER clapper - well you can have your opinions as much as I can.

Just for your benefit then,

The signings this season have been poor.
The management decisions up to date in pre season have been poor.
The tactics employed by players from last season and this season have been debateable.

Have YOU actually listened to the comments of Chris Wilder before and after games? He is saying a lot of the same as the so called "slashers" on here.

Some of us have seen what happened last time we were relegated from this division - can you?

I have no doubt that numerous players are trying their hearts out - that fact that I and others think they are frankly NOT GOOD ENOUGH to get out of this division or make a reasonable challenge for the top 2 positions is risible. If YOU think it's good enough, then fine, that is YOUR opinion.

We are not doing anything like what CW said we would do pre-season. He has admitted (on camera) that he has made bad choices and now doubts that some of his squad are incapable of handing what is needed at SUFC - in effect saying, he has got it WRONG.

Now, I wish him and Alan Knill all the very best, I hope they get it right - BUT, any SUFC side that eventually gets out of this division will be vastly different to what played yesterday.

To end - me and my nipper were one of the few in the South Stand that sung GCB at the start of the 2nd half and was the worst effort I have ever heard from our stand - that is where this club was at half time.

We can all hope we get better - but please do not tell me my understanding of our present position is anything but rosy - the evidence is everywhere to see, hear and read. As for being negative, I agree - but it WILL continue, I can assure you of that UNTIL it shows the sort of improvement that is warranted from OUR football club - note the OUR.........it's not yours and it's not mine - we all invest in it in all sorts of ways, and I suspect I may have invested a lot longer than you.

Onwards and upwards.................hopefully.

UTB

I'm not sure "bad management decisions" and "bad tactics" counts as "elaborating".

As for still labelling people "clappers" and "slashers", isn't it about time we grew up and moved on from these childish and rather pathetic little names?

I'm not sure "bad management decisions" and "bad tactics" counts as "elaborating".

As for still labelling people "clappers" and "slashers", isn't it about time we grew up and moved on from these childish and rather pathetic little names?

slashers and clappers help to easily compartmentalise groups - bit like Labour/Tories - Blades and pigs.

If people on here want to debate properly instead of saying unsubstantiated drivel then fine - we can stick to the real agenda.

Some people deserve to be put in boxes.

UTB

slashers and clappers help to easily compartmentalise groups - bit like Labour/Tories - Blades and pigs.

If people on here want to debate properly instead of saying unsubstantiated drivel then fine - we can stick to the real agenda.

Some people deserve to be put in boxes.

UTB

It's idiotic.
If you want to debate properly then take your own advice.
He asked you to elaborate and you cited a few vague cliches like 'poor management decisions'.
Debate with him and put some meat on the bones rather than simply dismissing him as a "clapper", wherever the hell thats supposed to be.

It's idiotic.
If you want to debate properly then take your own advice.
He asked you to elaborate and you cited a few vague cliches like 'poor management decisions'.
Debate with him and put some meat on the bones rather than simply dismissing him as a "clapper", wherever the hell thats supposed to be.

not interested - bit rich coming from you by the way............

UTB

Back
Top Bottom