Incoming? Sam Morsy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Latics ‏@Wiganlaticssss 26m26 minutes ago

Spoke to Sam Morsy at training ground earlier and I asked him will he be leaving and he replied ' no I'm staying'. #mkdons #twitterblades

I suspect that is the most likely scenario, considering he got rave reviews from Wigan fans after his arrival and some sterling displays during their promotion run-in

Suppose it was always too good to be true, I didn't see how Wigan would want to get rid of him so soon, unless he had a bust up. We could do with someone like that though, someone who gets stuck in, up and down all over the pitch and then gives it to Fleck to dictate. Oh for Mark Patterson! I miss that guy! In my dream team he'd be alongside Bob Booker, although I accept we'd lack a bit of attacking flair and craft but we'd be hard as nails! To counter that I'd have Whitehouse and Dev on the wings though! I could go on here so I'll just stop on yesteryear!

The club says he can go for £200k, but the player allegedly declares his position to anybody hanging about at the training ground, so the deal's off ???!!!

Latics ‏@Wiganlaticssss 26m26 minutes ago

Spoke to Sam Morsy at training ground earlier and I asked him will he be leaving and he replied ' no I'm staying'. #mkdons #twitterblades

I suspect that is the most likely scenario, considering he got rave reviews from Wigan fans after his arrival and some sterling displays during their promotion run-in

To be fair hes hardly going to either admit to wanting to leave (and forfeit loyalty bonuses) and also say hes going to some randomnwhos hanging around the training ground.

In reality it was always a non starter to begin with.

The club says he can go for £200k, but the player allegedly declares his position to anybody hanging about at the training ground, so the deal's off ???!!!

Where's this direct quote, other than from dubious twitter sites or the Sun that Wigan are willing to let him go? Lets be honest it seemed an odd move for someone young and only just signed for them. If he'd been there years and was deemed not good enough to improve I could believe it, but he hasn't and played every week for Wigan last season.

Where's this direct quote, other than from dubious twitter sites or the Sun that Wigan are willing to let him go? Lets be honest it seemed an odd move for someone young and only just signed for them. If he'd been there years and was deemed not good enough to improve I could believe it, but he hasn't and played every week for Wigan last season.

They've bought two central midfielders in the last month...

Suppose it was always too good to be true, I didn't see how Wigan would want to get rid of him so soon

So someone you've never heard of reports a training ground conversation that, even if it occurred, is pretty worthless...and that's an end to the matter?

I trust Wilder and Mitchell are a bit more robust than that...

So someone you've never heard of reports a training ground conversation that, even if it occurred, is pretty worthless...and that's an end to the matter?

I trust Wilder and Mitchell are a bit more robust than that...

Not saying I trust the twitter account, but I don't trust the original quote much either. Wasn't it the Sun just saying we're prepared to make an offer and that Wigan are willing to let him go. Just doesn't add up to me, but I hope its true.

Not saying I trust the twitter account, but I don't trust the original quote much either. Wasn't it the Sun just saying we're prepared to make an offer and that Wigan are willing to let him go. Just doesn't add up to me, but I hope its true.

Indeed. So do I. Things that give us hope, in my view, are Wigan's recruitment of Gilby and Powell in the last few weeks; Morsy being either sub or subbed in Wigan's last couple of games last season, not appearing to be a starter in their pre-season and the arrival of Paul Mitchell.

As ever...we shall see...

Think about it, if you're a player and a fan asks you at the training ground if you're leaving when you're not 100% sure what you're doing, you're not going to say 'yes, I'm leaving' are you? It's not necessary, especially with how quickly things spread these days.

So I wouldn't read much into that.

These things give us hope...

Wigan have strengthened in central midfield.
He's apparently been interested in joining us in the past.
He might want to move back to this area.
I doubt he'll be on wages we won't be able to match.
Us and MK Dons wouldn't be interested if he was totally unavailable.
Paul Mitchell will know him very well.

But if we can't get him then Grant would be a good alternative.

Whatever happens short term, hopefully the least we can take from this is that Wilder wants that sort of midfielder and possibly sees it as the priority it should be.

In other news. My cousin saw Che Adams other day and asked if he would still be here next season.. He shrugged his shoulders and smiled.

Ooooh!!

A cynic could say SUFC would like the fans to think we are in for such players, Me well like I have said elsewhere we will NOT make anymore signings until after someone is sold, so no need to go and crack on off just yet lads.

Suppose it was always too good to be true, I didn't see how Wigan would want to get rid of him so soon, unless he had a bust up. We could do with someone like that though, someone who gets stuck in, up and down all over the pitch and then gives it to Fleck to dictate. Oh for Mark Patterson! I miss that guy! In my dream team he'd be alongside Bob Booker, although I accept we'd lack a bit of attacking flair and craft but we'd be hard as nails! To counter that I'd have Whitehouse and Dev on the wings though! I could go on here so I'll just stop on yesteryear!

Bloody hell. We’ve seen McCall, Brown, Speed, Cowans, Hodges, Jagielka (and for the older blades, Currie, Hockey) etc. play in our central midfield and you’d go for those 2? Pinchy will be having a heart attack as we speak!

Agree about your wide men though.

No but passers by were heard to say 'Who's that old geezer sat with Sitwell'

Yes but did he speak to you?

The only reason I like love actually is Bill Nighty's character and that of Rab C Nesbit too! The "festering turd" remark is quality from Bill Nighty! Ok I admit I! I really like that film! My misses bought it though and I watched it with her!

To be fair hes hardly going to either admit to wanting to leave (and forfeit loyalty bonuses) and also say hes going to some randomnwhos hanging around the training ground.

In reality it was always a non starter to begin with.

Cash+Morsy for Che?

The only reason I like love actually is Bill Nighty's character and that of Rab C Nesbit too! The "festering turd" remark is quality from Bill Nighty! Ok I admit I! I really like that film! My misses bought it though and I watched it with her!

"Yes Ant or Dec"

Back
Top Bottom