Wilder’s stubbornness / Grbic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Will Wilder’s stubbornness cost him him job?

• No

Votes: 80 28.3%
  • No, but it should with Grbic

Votes: 109 38.5%
  • Yes, immediately. Because of the keeper situation primarily

Votes: 23 8.1%
  • Yes, but after summer transfer business onwards

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Yes, but for tactics/other reasons

Votes: 56 19.8%

• Total voters
Are you suggesting he's on the reverse of an appearance bonus?

So if we DON'T play him, we pay a bigger fee?

That's a new one.
Fulham Signed Armando Broja from Chelsea on loan in January with the clause unless he starts 10 games they have to pay Chelsea £4million but it gave Fulham's strike force the kick up the arse needed and Fulham going to pay it because that lad who scored the volley/bicycle kick against us has scored nearly 1 a game since Broja was brought in. The thing with Grbic is he is contracted at BDTBL until 2027 which is after Wilder is tided down for unless he goes before but realistically why on a player that was a gamble (12 games at Atletico and 20 at Lille) did we tie him down on such a long term deal at very most should have been 18 months with an option to extend for a year to match both Wilders contract/commitment/to bring to stability to the club in the GK department. However now we are looking for replacements for the 3 out of "contracters" in the summer do we still need another GK to replace Grbic in the Championship?

why on a player that was a gamble (12 games at Atletico and 20 at Lille) did we tie him down on such a long term deal

Perhaps there was an “incentive” or to put it another way commission or another way a deal not at all involving a brown envelope or to put it quite plainly without any implication of illegality “Our Management are fucking brain dead”. I let you decide Sherlock.

Other thing with Wes I was near front at Burnley away and Wes got horrible stick at the end . Think he made his mind up to fuck United off right then and there

Other thing with Wes I was near front at Burnley away and Wes got horrible stick at the end . Think he made his mind up to fuck United off right then and there

Exactly, we used Wes as a scapegoat at the beginning of the season, now we are using Wilder.

We need a poll for next weeks scapegoat.

Maybe we could include ourselves ?

On the stream I watched that match on , the two commentators both expressed their shock and dismay as to the level of abuse Wes was getting from his own supporters .

At one point there was an outbreak of the “ You’re not fit to wear the shirt “ chant from a small group of morons,
something which can only be justified when a player has shown utter disrespect for the club and is clearly not trying to perform at anywhere near his best , something that Wes has never been remotely guilty of .

I think you’re absolutely correct in assuming that this was the point at which he finally decided that he needed to find another club . I totally understand his reasons for doing so and wish him every success for the future.

The fans were singing a different tune at Man Utd. though.

We want Wes........

On the stream I watched that match on , the two commentators both expressed their shock and dismay as to the level of abuse Wes was getting from his own supporters .

At one point there was an outbreak of the “ You’re not fit to wear the shirt “ chant from a small group of morons,
something which can only be justified when a player has shown utter disrespect for the club and is clearly not trying to perform at anywhere near his best , something that Wes has never been remotely guilty of .

I think you’re absolutely correct in assuming that this was the point at which he finally decided that he needed to find another club . I totally understand his reasons for doing so and wish him every success for the future.
'Supporters' 😒

its fasinating i was listening to his interview at old trafford & that he was very close to subbing him a half time. which would is a tough decision because human factor it would have finished him. but it cost or a point or 3

its fasinating i was listening to his interview at old trafford & that he was very close to subbing him a half time. which would is a tough decision because human factor it would have finished him. but it cost or a point or 3
Can you clarify ?
Who was speaking in the interview , Wilder ?
And said he was close to subbing who at HT ? Gbric ?
In which match ? The last one , Burnley at the Lane ?
Would be grateful if you could post a link to this interview ?

Last edited:
Ramsdale was getting this kind of abuse at the start of his 2nd spell. I have no issue with the new 'keeper getting a run of games - we've been down for a while now and Wes is leaving - I see it as a calculated gamble by Wilder rather than stubbornness, in an attempt to get a run of 'keeper form going into the Championship. It hasn't paid off.

But the gamble on Blaster, for example, looks like it might.

The issue we have is that we do not have a 'keeper who is 1st choice quality. All of them are backup 'keepers.

Can you clarify ?
Who was speaking in the interview , Wilder ?
And said he was close to subbing who at HT ? Gbric ?
In which match ? The last one , Burnley at the Lane ?
Would be grateful if you could post a link to this interview ?
its on the blades heaven podcast with the post match reaction & interviews to the man utd game. about 11 mins in

wilder discusses with radio sheffield how well wes was playing & saying "looking back i couldve made that decision at HT, but i didnt"

- I see it as a calculated gamble by Wilder rather than stubbornness, in an attempt to get a run of 'keeper form going into the Championship. It hasn't paid off.

But the gamble on Blaster, for example, looks like it might.

The issue we have is that we do not have a 'keeper who is 1st choice quality. All of them are backup 'keepers.
that i what i feel. i said that the time it was a punt. as it was a 50/50 as he was number 2 to 1 of best goalkeepers in the world. you could be fantastic & still be on the bench. we hoped for a guy like Liverpools no2 & instead we man citys no2

but it was a gamble & we lost. but thats down to scouting

Keen Blade on a human level not a sporting level im glad we didnt sub grbic at HT v burnley. because we do forget in all this he is human & supposedly trying his best. the big cheer wes wouldve got wouldve crushed his morale

Keen Blade on a human level not a sporting level im glad we didnt sub grbic at HT v burnley. because we do forget in all this he is human & supposedly trying his best. the big cheer wes wouldve got wouldve crushed his morale
I agree.
I also think Wilder should not have mentioned it - he is already letting his emotions override diplomacy.
He's gone from rashly stating Gbric is our no.1 to thinking of subbing him at HT.
Does he think Gbric won't have heard this comment ?
But that's on a human level.
On a football level , we need to replace Gbric - no amount of coaching can improve the speed of his reactions or his style of movement.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom