Wednesday night was and definitely is the prime objective

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We were not ready to compete with this man city machine especially without doyle and mcatee

focus returns to sealing a place in the prem
may only need 1 point v west brom but 3 sounds better
and we can have a carnival atmosphere at the Lane

safe in the knowledge theres only one man city in the prem
Yeah a carnival of dour sarcasm

Had a bit of a feel to it that we'd earned the right to enjoy it. Previous cup runs have felt like distractions to a side that hasn't achieved what it set out to in the league. This was more a bonus to what looks set be a real promotion campaign. Lived the dream for a while, missed out, but going back to the league means going back to one hell of a prize on the horizon.

Had a bit of a feel to it that we'd earned the right to enjoy it. Previous cup runs have felt like distractions to a side that hasn't achieved what it set out to in the league. This was more a bonus to what looks set be a real promotion campaign. Lived the dream for a while, missed out, but going back to the league means going back to one hell of a prize on the horizon.
And, by all accounts, got us out of um embargo.

Win will be brilliant but we have the comfort of taking a draw, reckon they will be nervy as well, they won’t get to play with a bit of freedom hopefully

WBA lost today. I can't help thinking this is good for Wednesday night. They realistically need to go for the win rather than sit back and take a point.
Vital that we score first, that will force them to come at us which will leave gaps at the back.
Thought their back line looked really poor when players ran at them.
If we get off to a good start, I can see us getting 4 or 5.

I can’t wait for this game. I’m so much more excited now WBA have to win, following their loss today.

It should be a great game with a great atmosphere. Hopefully they fill the away end and make a right racket

Sunset start and a darkness finish at BDTBL. After a fun wembley outing. Full of pride. Full of confidence about our ability to take on EPL teams. One job to do.

You fill up my senses……….🔴⚪

I may be missing something but a draw for them is not a disaster. Wins after that could still put them in the play offs.
Let’s not get too cocky about brushing them aside.

It seemed like it and the subs made sort of proved it.
I thought the tactics and subs were perfect.

If that is the end of an era for a few then how good it was to see them battle so tenaciously.

Bash has another year but it may be the last of him with those teammates. Good to see him have one of his runs and be unlucky not to get a penalty.

Good to see Billy on at the end, at the ripe old age of 37. At the other end of the spectrum, good to see Coulibaly made to feel involved and he had a few touches too. Only one missing was Stevens but he’s only just back on the grass.

Back
Top Bottom