Van Winckel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Anyone who claims to have a strong opinion either way on him is a bullshitter. Never knew what he really did either way.
Always felt he was brought in as some sort of threat to Wilder but Wilders achievements stopped any thought of Prince replacing him when he gained control.

What ever peoples views on JVW the simple fact is he was the only director in the United World organisation that had football knowledge and had coached in the game. He worked with Bielsa and was part of a group that got the Belgian national team to their current world standing.

There is no-one now on the board of SUFC who has any football coaching/management experience. It will be interesting to see if there is a direct replacement or whether we will continue to be swallowed up by the hybrid United World structure which presumably means buying in more consultancy services to cover the likes of overseas scouting etc.

It’s a difficult one isn’t it. Clearly Beerschott dislike him as our friend from over there has outlined but we have little idea what he did for us here either positively or negatively so are we sad to see him go or not? Who knows enough to say?
Exactly. Hopefully we won't see a negative knock on effect.

I'd guess we won't. But it's an uneducated guess.

Why? Isn't he just a fan of one of the other UW clubs or have I missed something?
Alot more involved at Beerschot and alot more offside with the fans over there (protests and chants for Van Winckel out)

Appears they got their wish

Alot more involved at Beerschot and alot more offside with the fans over there (protests and chants for Van Winckel out)

Appears they got their wish

So just a fan of the club then. Just like we're all fans of The Blades.

I enjoy his posts, am not knocking him and like the extra local knowledge of what's going on at the other UW sides but he doesn't go into any more depth about Beerschot than a lot of fans on here could/would about The Blades.

Saw him more as an advisor on players to HRH and United World?

Surely his access to a wide range of contacts across Europe will be a loss at least?

Will he be replaced?

Back
Top Bottom