Upgrading child season ticket

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

breeny

Reaction score
Thinking of buying a child season ticket for my lad next season - anyone know if the card can be upgraded to an adult ticket if he didn’t/couldn’t go to a game? Obviously the turnstyle light system means that only a child can use the ticket...

Thinking of buying a child season ticket for my lad next season - anyone know if the card can be upgraded to an adult ticket if he didn’t/couldn’t go to a game? Obviously the turnstyle light system means that only a child can use the ticket...
Yes, I've upgraded my son's a few times, it's normally around £10-£15 dependent on the game banding.

I don't think I'd bother in future though as the stewards don't take a blind bit of notice.

Yes, I've upgraded my son's a few times, it's normally around £10-£15 dependent on the game banding.

I don't think I'd bother in future though as the stewards don't take a blind bit of notice.

Cheers 🤣

They had a spell a few seasons back of checking them at the top of the kop as you went into it, but not down at the turnstiles.

I do it quite often. For some reason I have it in mind that there is some indicator at the turnstile e.g. different buzz or coloured light depending on type of ticket but I can't remember why I think that. I've often thought about not upgrading but as I invite the people to come it would be slightly embarrassing if they then got hassle due to that.

I do it quite often. For some reason I have it in mind that there is some indicator at the turnstile e.g. different buzz or coloured light depending on type of ticket but I can't remember why I think that. I've often thought about not upgrading but as I invite the people to come it would be slightly embarrassing if they then got hassle due to that.

There is a light inside the ground above the turnstile door that flashes a different colour if it's a concession ticket...This is only of any use if there are stewards stood watching the lights on the inside of the ground...

It always used to go green and orange lights for the concession, and just green for the adult. As others say it depends on someone being arsed to check it, but you take the risk

You go in the ticket office with the ST, pay the difference and they give you a full adult paper ticket.

It’s only a few quid - and much better than the risk of having the ticket confiscated for abusing the system.

I go with my daughter who has a Student ST in the South stand, if she can’t make a game I call the Ticket office & pay the difference to upgrade it, about £13 to adult or about £4 if over 60.
I personally wouldn’t risk not paying to upgrade as we travel in from Stockport so wouldn’t want to be turned away.
Done it a few times this season with no issues, yet.

Back
Top Bottom