United 3 Crewe 3 - report

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cofie's half time routine consisted of mainly keepy uppies. Trouble is, most boys get over that fancy dan crap by the age of 15.

I shouldn't worry cos from what I've been told he'll be doing them for Man United reserves in January.

I like your reports usually ,but I agree with Pedro ,I think you are wide of the mark on last night. Porter and Miller worked superbly as a partnership and thats what opened the game up ,Porters movement and work rate was tremendous ,this is why Macdnald is looking such a good player again ,he has options. Far from a poor performance and a disappointing report compared with your usual standards.
Murphy was superb ,apparently there were 80 scouts at the game last night he will surely be going somewhere soon.

As I say its about opinions and dont expect everyone to agree. Porter and Miller were nowhere near as good as Saturday as a partneship and both players touch/control and link up was off a lot of the night (as was many of the others). The centre back actually got on top of Porter and for around about 8 or 9 aerial balls in the second half I recall, the CB beat Porter to nearly them all. I thought this stood out as Porter usually very rarely loses header.

I think it does show how we have fallen if people think that was not a poor performance. We were utterly ragged all night with little penetration going forward aside from Blackman; a total dearth of play down the left (Flynn was off his game and McAllister invisble). Doyle was not on his game and I felt Crewe matched us; even bettered us in cnetral midfield. People being happy with a 3-3 draw with Crewe in League One shows how we have really fallen. I am not getting all superior and saying we should destroy teams like that; far from it but to chuck 3 goals away in 7 minutes is poor and easily could have been a few more. They missed an open goal at 2-3 remember (granted we could have had a third from a scrambled corner to put game away) and I cannot remember any real clear chances we had at goal in the whole second half (they had 2 or 3 - that one that was clipped wide by same lad; delle Valle could easily have gone in). We aslo seem incapable of seeing halves out with conceding.

Last night alarmed me how easy Crewe got through us when they attacked us; other teams will have taken note and come to the Lane and have a go.

Maybe I am being too negative but for a home side with maybe 4 or 5 times the budget of a side like Crewe and 2nd in the league; I expected some level of control but to say we had a far more experience side; we looked all over the shop at times and to cough up a 2-0 lead so quickly was poor regardless of how entertaining the game then become for the fans. A professional outfit just sees out the half and then the Crewe players heads would have dropped.

will that get them promoted? probably not

This time last year they were looking at the Conference very nervously. Given that baseline, the quality we saw from them last night was remarkable.

The culture of the club is something I wish we could harness. Young players told to play passing football in an environment which doesn't see them slaughtered for making mistakes.

Last night alarmed me how easy Crewe got through us when they attacked us; other teams will have taken note and come to the Lane and have a go.
Our defence has been outstanding. We have conceded hardly any goals despite teams like MK and Swindown having a go at us. Last night was just a weird game for me, like the 4-4 lasts eason with Exeter.

I shouldn't worry cos from what I've been told he'll be doing them for Man United reserves in January.
Wouldn't surprise me, he hasn't exactly set the world alight here has he? Ferguson will probably spit his dummy out and not loan us anyone else!

Thought United were okay going forward last night but all the defence were sloppy. Expect them to back on the money by Saturday though.

Fair play to Crewe, they played well and even at 2-0 seemed as if they'd get back in the game.

Back
Top Bottom