unattached players.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

gicslater

Reaction score
I know a few of these are older players but all have proven ability and that's what we need.

Ricardo Gardner 34
Titus Bramble 32

Danny Murphy 36
Stephen Hunt 32
Simon Davies 33
Lee Bowyer 36
Rudi Skacel 34

Gary Taylor-Flecther 32
Darius Vassell 33
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake 27
Jay Simpson 24

Ide take a punt on at least Gary Taylor-Fletcher,Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and Jay Simpson,what have we got to lose,put them on short term contracts if worried over fitness etc.

Not much takes my fancy from that menu.

We need a Kevin Phillips type player. On another note do you think we could get Blackman back on loan? Can't see that he is playing for Reading today?

Fucking Titus Bramble? 'Calamity' as the Mackems used to call him?

I saw him play in one of his first games as a teenager with Ipshite at the Lane on the telly and thought then, 'he's pretty good'.

Apparently accordning to the many Ipshite, Geordie and Mackem mates I have, that was probably one of the only good games he has ever had. He's fucking woeful.

I'd take any of the others though. Over our current crop of underachieving dogshit.

pommpey

Ricardo Gardner 34 YES
Titus Bramble 32 HELL NO as bad as Notshirtworthy

Danny Murphy 36 YES
Stephen Hunt 32 YES
Simon Davies 33 YES
Lee Bowyer 36 NO THANKS
Rudi Skacel 34 YES

Gary Taylor-Flecther 32 YES
Darius Vassell 33 YES
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake 27 YES
Jay Simpson 24 YES

Fucking Shitus Bramble? You're having a laugh aren't you? He is one of the worst professional footballers I have ever had the displeasure of watching in real life, and I've seen Monty! It is a genuine mystery how he has actually made a living out of the game. He plays like his shoe laces are tied together and his head is on back to front.

I did mention Fuller a few months ago so I would be happy with him. Skilful, strong and he was quick. Not sure about now, but I would think it is safe to say he's a better option that what we have now. The same applies to Ebanks-Blake.

Fucking Shitus Bramble? You're having a laugh aren't you? He is one of the worst professional footballers I have ever had the displeasure of watching in real life, and I've seen Monty! It is a genuine mystery how he has actually made a living out of the game. He plays like his shoe laces are tied together and his head is on back to front.

I did mention Fuller a few months ago so I would be happy with him. Skilful, strong and he was quick. Not sure about now, but I would think it is safe to say he's a better option that what we have now. The same applies to Ebanks-Blake.

Fuller and Ebanks-blake in a 4-4-2 should cause a few problems to other sides at this level.

The people saying no to Titus Bramble and then calling Nyron Nosworthy's name, should recall that the latter was part of a first team that came within minutes of promotion to the Premier League last season.

Regardless, I wouldn't take Bramble due to his other problems and that I genuinely don't think our central defence is that bad.

Out of that lot, I'd take SEB when fit, Jay Simpson, Stephen Hunt, Simon Davies and maybe Lee Bowyer depending on how much running his legs have got left.

We need to be looking at players left out of their 25s in the top league though IMO. And as much as I think he'd improve us, we need to get over our Lee Clarke obsession.

Ricardo Gardner 34 - No. Made of glass, played 8 games in 3 years.
Titus Bramble 32 - No. Not as bad as is made out, but would want too much money.

Danny Murphy 36 - Possibly. Leader and obviously good with the ball. Would help our young players. Could be the new McCall?
Stephen Hunt 32 - No. Decent but would want too much, we should be signing younger and faster players for wide positions.
Simon Davies 33 - No. Too injury prone.
Lee Bowyer 36 - No. Legs have gone.
Rudi Skacel 34 - No. Has adapted to be an attacking midfielder where we have Baxter, would be pointless.

Gary Taylor-Flecther 32 - No. Lost his pace.
Darius Vassell 33 - No. Has played 13 games in 2 years, not fit enough.
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake 27 - Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.
Jay Simpson 24 - Yes. Would be very happy to bring him in. Him and Brandy on either wing would be devastating in terms of pace and getting past players.

The majority of the players that are still out of contract are exactly that for a very good reason. It's slim pickings otherwise.

If we did bring in Ebanks-Blake and Simpson, and also bring in some full backs who can get forward we'd start to see a vast improvement in the style of play in my opinion.

You would think if we've had a "chat" with Marlon King, we would surely have a chat with Ebanks-Blake.

Isn't Ebanks-Blake still recovering from a broken leg? Think he did it in April, so depending on the break and healing time, would he even be back running/ ableto train yet??

Isn't Ebanks-Blake still recovering from a broken leg? Think he did it in April, so depending on the break and healing time, would he even be back running/ ableto train yet??

So he did, I forgot all about that. You're looking at what, 6 months for a broken leg? He could be able to train at the moment but it all depends on the break and the treatment he's had since leaving Wolves I guess...

Back
Top Bottom