U21s v Peterborough live on youtube

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I love Arblaster, he's an absolute belter of a young player....

Where is he going with this?

Marsh for me has the 'potential' to go above and beyond what Arblaster has achieved thus far. He is a ridiculously talented player for his age and if nurtured right then wow, what a player we have on our hands!

Peterborough's no 9 Pemi Aderoju had an impressive match. A 19 year old they signed from non league. Strong and athletic.
Their number 7 was also pretty good but he lacked a final ball. Tall, strong, fast and athletic, everything we lack. He's raw and needs more work before he's anywhere near the levels required to play in League One let alone the Championship. With a bit more composure on the ball and better vision he could be a good player. He suffered from tunnel vision, often running into walls as he was looking at the ball instead of what was coming ahead of him, as Brooks has often done for us in the matches we've seen him in.

Sachdev looks like a Baldock in the making. Pretty good off the ball, but again lacked a final product with it. A lot of simple passes gone astray and poor crosses, much like Baldock!

Marsh took both goals well and stood out for me as the most likely to make headway towards the first team. Barrett and Tinsdale also looked quite good. Other than Marsh the rest looked like what they are, academy level players.

Their number 7 was also pretty good but he lacked a final ball. Tall, strong, fast and athletic, everything we lack. He's raw and needs more work before he's anywhere near the levels required to play in League One let alone the Championship. With a bit more composure on the ball and better vision he could be a good player. He suffered from tunnel vision, often running into walls as he was looking at the ball instead of what was coming ahead of him, as Brooks has often done for us in the matches we've seen him in.

Sachdev looks like a Baldock in the making. Pretty good off the ball, but again lacked a final product with it. A lot of simple passes gone astray and poor crosses, much like Baldock!

Marsh took both goals well and stood out for me as the most likely to make headway towards the first team. Barrett and Tinsdale also looked quite good. Other than Marsh the rest looked like what they are, academy level players.
You hear of players being rejected from academies for being too small. Our academy seem determined not to make that mistake. But are we as patient with the bigger, athletic lads? Do we avoid signing them up if their touch isn't already great?

I only caught the last 20 minutes of the first half. Pitan’s aggressive defending impressed me. He looks strong for an 18 year old.

I only caught the last 20 minutes of the first half. Pitan’s aggressive defending impressed me. He looks strong for an 18 year old.
He’s certainly a unit as is Prunty for the 18’s. I liked the look of Tahir as well even though he was playing left back. We do appear to be strangely vulnerable in the air though at set pieces especially

He’s certainly a unit as is Prunty for the 18’s. I liked the look of Tahir as well even though he was playing left back. We do appear to be strangely vulnerable in the air though at set pieces especially
Well the management do want all the teams to play in the same style.

Only seen the first half...good to see Marsh back + Sachdev, and watching Macedo...have we cloned illiman or something,he looks and plays very similar.

You hear of players being rejected from academies for being too small. Our academy seem determined not to make that mistake. But are we as patient with the bigger, athletic lads? Do we avoid signing them up if their touch isn't already great?
The size difference and build of each team was noticeably different. Peterborough was stacked with tall, quick, athletic players. We had short, technically good players, but they were suffer in league football as they're not as dynamic or as quick, much like the first team. At least Osual, Brooks and Buyabu can offer some height and athleticism.

Back
Top Bottom