The Russians Are Coming!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Liaminho9

Reaction score
Well, they probably aren't, but there's a rumour circulating on BM that some very Wealthy Russian Chaps are somewhat interested in our Club! What happened last time Trevor Birch was working at a club and Russians got involved?

Why would they invest in SUFC?

Because, at the moment, we're at the lowest we've been in a long, long time, and next season, its almost certainly going to be lower. The infrastructure is all there, with the academy, the stadium, and the hotel, but the club just isn't performing to where it should be. Its fair to say that at least one of the Sheffield clubs must have the potential to establish themselves as a relatively good Premiership team. An investor could come along, spend a bit of money, and end up with a club worth a lot more.

Just for the record by the way, I don't believe this in the slightest, and won't until I see a done deal. But in these desperate times its nice to have something positive to think about, even if it probably is a load of rubbish. :rolleyes:

Because, at the moment, we're at the lowest we've been in a long, long time, and next season, its almost certainly going to be lower. The infrastructure is all there, with the academy, the stadium, and the hotel, but the club just isn't performing to where it should be. Its fair to say that at least one of the Sheffield clubs must have the potential to establish themselves as a relatively good Premiership team. An investor could come along, spend a bit of money, and end up with a club worth a lot more.

Just for the record by the way, I don't believe this in the slightest, and won't until I see a done deal. But in these desperate times its nice to have something positive to think about, even if it probably is a load of rubbish. :rolleyes:

This. All this.

The only thing that gives this credence is who's posted it, as I'm 99% sure I know who he will have gotten it from and its a damn good source.

I just can't see it though but we can live in hope, and die in despair.

I heard his name was Robert Maxwell, as both are dead in the water?

Ah good, I mentioned to our Finance Director at the company Christmas Party that we were looking for investment and he said he'd have a word with the MD and see if he could have a word with a few of his Russian mates, the wheels have been slow but clearly its got through eventually

You're all very welcome, no need to thank me :)

I see the Christmas Crackers weren't a complete waste of time then;)

Have they taken the scenic route? Still waiting for them to arrive. Someone should have met them at the airport. Bloody amateurs.

I dont think that seeing KM walking into the lane with 10 bottles of smirnoff means that we have russian investors on the way.

Ive heard its Roman Abramovich JR

I've asked one of the Russian lads at work to see if its him, its not, but he didn't tell me what he's doing with his annual bonus in April... interesting...

Back
Top Bottom