Team for Leeds after Chelsea Cup Exit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Flatcap

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Think that's the best we've played in a half, for a long time. 2nd half, we were passing the ball well and everybody was sticking a leg in to win the ball back. Norwood stepped up his levels too. A Sheffield United performance (and without Wilder, let's not forget).

If I was Heckingbottom, I'd be looking to play Didzy again and starting Brewster. Hard for Brewster when he only gets 5 minutes here and there.

His shot had the most power I've seen for a long while from a Blade and had it been on target, that's a certain goal.

What do you lot reckon? Who starts up front?

Think that's the best we've played in a half, for a long time. 2nd half, we were passing the ball well and everybody was sticking a leg in to win the ball back. Norwood stepped up his levels too. A Sheffield United performance (and without Wilder, let's not forget).

If I was Heckingbottom, I'd be looking to play Didzy again and starting Brewster. Hard for Brewster when he only gets 5 minutes here and there.

His shot had the most power I've seen for a long while from a Blade and had it been on target, that's a certain goal.

Agree bout the front 2 mate. Or he could go with Didzy behind Brewster and McB. Let's not forget our next away is dirty Leeds, so let's go have a go at them. And hopefully, just hopefully, we can pull off a shock result 🤞🤞

Who starts up front, well McGoldrick and Brewster of course.

Whatever the team is, Osborn has to start. He was excellent today and put in a real shift- as he always does when he plays

Don't see why weak Ampadu deserves to start..

Ramsdale

Baldock Jagielka Stevens

Bogle Norwood Fleck Osborn

McGoldrick

Brewster McBurnie

Don't see why you'd pick Stevens if there's literally any other option.

Its two weeks away though, plenty of time for fitness issues to improve/get worse. If we're sticking with wingbacks they absolutely have to be Bogle and Osborn.

I know everyone is fully entitled to their opinion, and I appreciate that this a forum. But please, can someone genuinely give me one good reason why anyone would select McBurnie in their team for a game of football for Sheffield United?
His effort levels are pathetic at best. He walks around the pitch, sometimes breaking into a lazy jog. He carries no goal threat. His tackles are an apology and his 'closing down', if you can call it that consists of running up to the player in possession and standing beside him after the ball has gone. He commits stupid, late fouls on defenders when they have nowhere to go. He has no football instinct and plays (!) purely on reacting to where the ball is passed too, when it has already arrived.
I've only been supporting United since 1987 and a lot more people on here, no doubt. know a lot more about the game that me but, all things considered, Id have to say that, for me, I hold him in the same category as Hammond, Jordan Stewart, and Andy Taylor.
An abysmal, waste of time, money, and a shirt.
UTB

Ramsdale
Baldock Basham Ampadu
Bogle Norwood Fleck Osborn
Mcgoldrick
Brewster Moussett

I don't know why but got a feeling that Moose will make an amazing comeback.

I know everyone is fully entitled to their opinion, and I appreciate that this a forum. But please, can someone genuinely give me one good reason why anyone would select McBurnie in their team for a game of football for Sheffield United?
His effort levels are pathetic at best. He walks around the pitch, sometimes breaking into a lazy jog. He carries no goal threat. His tackles are an apology and his 'closing down', if you can call it that consists of running up to the player in possession and standing beside him after the ball has gone. He commits stupid, late fouls on defenders when they have nowhere to go. He has no football instinct and plays (!) purely on reacting to where the ball is passed too, when it has already arrived.
I've only been supporting United since 1987 and a lot more people on here, no doubt. know a lot more about the game that me but, all things considered, Id have to say that, for me, I hold him in the same category as Hammond, Jordan Stewart, and Andy Taylor.
UTB
totally agree but said similar on a thread on rumour mill about mcburnie and got slated by a couple of posters i really cannot see how anybody can think that mcburnie is a good striker

totally agree but said similar on a thread on rumour mill about mcburnie and got slated by a couple of posters i really cannot see how anybody can think that mcburnie is a good striker
When you say you got slated by a couple of posters, do you mean one poster replied to you and disagreed with you? Because that's what actually happened, I've just read it.

no the guy was implying that i was totally wrong on mcburnie and never played competitive football which i have by the way but sorry ive offended the s2 police and by the way i stand by my assesment on mcburnie total waste of 20m

Its almost 2 weeks away, so any chance O’Connell and/or Berge might be available in some capacity?

Wilder said JOC might be back in February (but we know he had a setback) and Berge back in March. If he’s been called up for Norway he can’t be far off.

Those two back along with Basham and Ampadu returning would be a boost.

UTB
As a result of a calamitous season & the events of the last few days, I have been able to look at the team with more disconnect than ever before. I really don't like slagging off players, generally no good can come of it, but I think I can now admit that I just don't see what McBurnie brings to the team. Take away his defensive headers from corners & I just don't see how he can claim a place in the team. His closing down is a joke, more that he ambles up to the player with the ball just in time to hold his hand out as an ashtray to accept the flicked ash from a long puff on his cigar after he comfortably completes his pass.
I don't view Enda in a positive light either these days, but at least he has done it & shown what a player he can be, which makes his decline this season all the more puzzling.

neither mcburnie nor stevens should be in the team at the moment i will add lundstram to those 2 but were short on numbers think thats the only reason their being selected

......................................Lundstram (C)........................................

............Lundstram (C)....Lundstram (C)....Lundstram (C).............

Lundstram (C)....Lundstram (C)....Lundstram (C)....Lundstram (C)

.......Lundstram (C).........Lundstram (C)..........Lundstram (C)........

The tactical changes Sheffield United are planning ahead of their clash with Leeds​

Paul Heckingbottom, Sheffield United’s caretaker manager, has explained why he will resist the temptation to make sweeping tactical changes during his time at the helm, but has suggested a number of subtle adjustments are being considered ahead of Saturday’s visit to Leeds.​

Don't care who plays I fucking hate Leeds so lets give it a go! While we had pits, steelworks and basically hard fucking graft that fucking city had textiles for gods sake. Bunch of soft soft cunts. WE ARE LEEDS..... don't make me fucking laugh!

Don't care who plays I fucking hate Leeds so lets give it a go! While we had pits, steelworks and basically hard fucking graft that fucking city had textiles for gods sake. Bunch of soft soft cunts. WE ARE LEEDS..... don't make me fucking laugh!
This reminded me of me dad, who's been gone a long time now bless him. He had little interest in football, but he detested Leeds - everything about it. He used to call it "soft side" due to us being coal, iron and steel, and them being a bit of cloth! He said "only thing thi' mek in Leeds is munny "!! Mind you, he called everywhere outside South Yorkshire "soft side"! 😉

Back
Top Bottom