Starting lineup

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Newbury Blade

Reaction score
Three weeks to go so what team will he pick for the Oldham game?
No doubt there will be more comings and goings but here is my guess from what we know so far.

Duke (assuming he signs)
Lowton Maguire Collins Jean-Francois
McAllister Harriott Williamson Flynn
Philliskirk Slew

I am assuming Monty, Squinny, Evans and Bogdanovich will leave. if any of the strikers stay, or we acquire a new one in an exchange deal, they will probably start ahead of Philliskirk.

Also assuming, and desperately hoping, the manager will not be tempted to let Doyle and Cresswell anywhere near the team coach, never mind the pitch. Think he will play Collins however. He clearly likes McAllister and I think he and Williamson are potentially a strong partnership if Willo can stay fit.

I appreciate some of this is guesswork at this stage.

I agree with the defence - very likely that will be our starting 4 till our 3 long-term injured return to fitness.

I think D-Mac will be in the middle. Flynn can play on either wing (he's right-footed), and I suspect it'll be him and either Philliskirk or Tonne starting on the wings. Harriot I don't think will start - Cresswell I'm afraid probably will...

I predict...

Simmo,
Lowton Maguire Collins Lecs
Philly, D-Mac, Willo, Flynn
Cresswell, Slew

I quite like the look of that lineup Loughboro. Apart from the goalkeeper and one of the centre-backs, obviously.
Chris Porter in for Cresswell!

I also think Tonne might feature a fair bit. Depends how the rest of pre-season goes.

Liking the way the team is shaping up but feel we desperately require a leader somewhere in central defence or in one of the two central midfield slots. We're going to have a very young side next season so need a proper captain to keep the youth on track or we'll get dicked. We've really missed having somebody in this role while Morgs has been out.

Back
Top Bottom