So Sad for me!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Leobolly

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I'm not overly disappointed that Slav's gone - don't get me wrong, I was still in the Slav 'in camp', but the warning signs were there - going behind at Blackburn & still fannying about with it at the back was a worry...............but I'm 55 years old, and I've seen all the dog shit seasons (Haslam, Peters, Billy Mckewan - yuk!, Heath, Robson, Adams, Adkins - probably more, I'm sure you will remind me?) & I still carry on going back for more!. But Leobolly junior is 17 now - joined the 'party' under "positive Nigel", then had a blast for 4 years home & away, and as a dad, I will fondly remember that (thanks Tufty!). But he's 17 now, got a job at Aston Hall and working tomorrow morning - I said, I'll pick you up at noon and we should just make the kick-off........parking permitted (that's a rant for another thread!) - he said, after watching the press conference following Slav's exit (Jim Royal look-a-likey), he's not bothered! (he's got a season ticket!!??).
How many more kids do you think are we losing? - I've told him its just another chapter in 'life with the Blades'.............but I can tell this latest episode has hit him hard.
He'll be there tomorrow for me,. and we both have tickets for Cardiff away..........lads & dads trip away (went with my daughter at Niniian Park when we lost 1-0.......Hulse first game back, and had one shot on target all day (Phil Bardsley...........6 hour car journey home on the Sunday!).
Happy to support Hecky & delighted Stuart McCall is back................but get all the loans back (Jebbo in particular) & practice what you preach now!.
UTB

I'll be honest, I'm not overly disappointed that Slav's gone - don't get me wrong, I was still in the Slav 'in camp', but the warning signs were there - going behind at Blackburn & still fannying about with it at the back was a worry...............but I'm 55 years old, and I've seen all the dog shit seasons (Haslam, Peters, Billy Mckewan - yuk!, Heath, Robson, Adams, Adkins - probably more, I'm sure you will remind me?) & I still carry on going back for more!. But Leobolly junior is 17 now - joined the 'party' under "positive Nigel", then had a blast for 4 years home & away, and as a dad, I will fondly remember that (thanks Tufty!). But he's 17 now, got a job at Aston Hall and working tomorrow morning - I said, I'll pick you up at noon and we should just make the kick-off........parking permitted (that's a rant for another thread!) - he said, after watching the press conference following Slav's exit (Jim Royal look-a-likey), he's not bothered! (he's got a season ticket!!??).
How many more kids do you think are we losing? - I've told him its just another chapter in 'life with the Blades'.............but I can tell this latest episode has hit him hard.
He'll be there tomorrow for me,. and we both have tickets for Cardiff away..........lads & dads trip away (went with my daughter at Niniian Park when we lost 1-0.......Hulse first game back, and had one shot on target all day (Phil Bardsley...........6 hour car journey home on the Sunday!).
Happy to support Hecky & delighted Stuart McCall is back................but get all the loans back (Jebbo in particular) & practice what you preach now!.
UTB
I’ve been there only going along for my dad when we’ve been terrible and it’s cold with a sparsely populated kop. Sounds like he’s a blade through and through he’ll go through periods of being more or less interested it’s only natural I think but the blades will always be his team. Touching that he’s going for you Leo you’ve got a goodun.

UTB
17 year olds have competing priorities. And it’s cold

Cahill - I agree.............he's got a bird and he's probably living the dream! I know I'm his Dad, but he's a genuinely nice lad & I' proud of him!.............& don't want to drag another thread up about the 'coke squad' who we had the displeasure of meeting first at Donny away (friendly).........& again at Forest!.........that was toxic!.

Gin&Juice - not sure if you have a lad/Girl?.....................but here is a horrible element following us away at the moment, and I don't want my lad part of it! I'm no shrinking violet myself, so know/understand the craic...........but tis is dangerous - I almost clashed with one at Doncaster away (pre-season) but de-fused the situation before about 20 wanted to give me a good hiding.................by the sounds of it, someone at Forest wasn't so lucky!

I remember refusing to go to a match just after we sold Glenn Cockerill. My dad was upset at the time, but it’s fine now.

As a kid - my job was to fetch the Sheffield Star each night (..........remember, the big one that filled the table?) - my Dad took one look at the headlines...........Currie to Leeds for £240k - he was physically sick & went to bed..........didn't come back until we signed Sabella - still a season ticket holder now at 78 years old.........bless him!.

UTB
Been taking my lad since he was 4, he's 19 now and not bothered, I dragged him all over the shop but he told me he was only going to games for me..

Last close season when we could re buy season tickets he didn't want one..

Glad we got the wilder years, and although he doesn't remember he saw us in the Prem with warnock as well. (3-3 Blackburn? that crazy penalties game was his first)

So at least he's seen us in the Prem twice in his lifetime, he's still a blade but, just doesn't wanna go anymore..

Gin&Juice - not sure if you have a lad/Girl?.....................but here is a horrible element following us away at the moment, and I don't want my lad part of it! I'm no shrinking violet myself, so know/understand the craic...........but tis is dangerous - I almost clashed with one at Doncaster away (pre-season) but de-fused the situation before about 20 wanted to give me a good hiding.................by the sounds of it, someone at Forest wasn't so lucky!

sorry mate - didn’t mean to sounds so blunt. There’s a weird ‘cunture’ (not a Misspelling) around every football club at the moment - think it stems from fans trying to out do each other for social media attention. I.e who can bounce highest in a concourse, or who can drink and snort the most before they have to explain to their mum’s why they can’t afford board this month.

G&N - no problem pal!. I've been to over 80+ grounds now watching us, starting in 1972 & away games probably 1978/79...............but more enjoyable 1981/82 - still the most enjoyable season for me (King Keith). SUFC form part of my DNA now, but hard to pass on that passion to the kids!

I’m 35 and when I was a kid football it seemed 90% of kids football supporting kids supported either United or Wednesday with just a few supporting the “glory teams” I don’t know how that stands now but I can imagine it’s a much larger % for the “FIFA teams

On a wet midweek evening I decided not to do the 80 mile round trip, but my young daughter insisted as we were playing Spurs, so we went.
Guess who was right !!

Back
Top Bottom