Slavs team selections...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's inherited a squad of players that are the envy of most of the division and made a total balls up of it. It's still early days yet though.

• Banned
Is he in it for a quick few million pay off 🤔

I’m hoping I’m just over reacting and after a couple of signings (hopefully) we’ll turn a corner. People comparing it to Wilders first season but that squad had to take time to gel this current squad should all know each over as no incomings yet except Davies 😂 slightly concerned after tonight but hopefully by September more additions are in the building.

What's the best team he can put out, baring in mind how out of form some of the players are.

He tried to bypass the midfield problems by playing four strikers against Swansea.

I agree that his selections have been baffling, but I also can't blame him given the crap squad he has and the number of players playing like turds week in, week out.

Heckingbottom understood the squad, Jokanovic doesn't look like he has a clue what the players are doing, what they're capable of doing or what he wants them to do.

Everyone knows we need players, but until we get them, he's got to do something that doesn't expose the weaknesses of what we've got.

• Banned
Sky analysis of Slav.. Dour... Not a motivator.. Sounds about right

• Banned
Heckingbottom understood the squad, Jokanovic doesn't look like he has a clue what the players are doing, what they're capable of doing or what he wants them to do.

Everyone knows we need players, but until we get them, he's got to do something that doesn't expose the weaknesses of what we've got.
Spot on

Lack of pre season games, clearly doesn't know who he can trust on the pitch. It'll take 10 games for him to understand that some of these are just pure shite.

Oh and Freeman has to start on Saturday. Might have been a cameo but he was a spark tonight.

The problem is that will mean playing 3-5-2 and the likely result will be a solid team defensively that will struggle to score. Hardly the formula for promotion.

He needs to bring in his own players so he can play his own style. It’s the only chance we’ve got of success.

Lack of pre season games, clearly doesn't know who he can trust on the pitch. It'll take 10 games for him to understand that some of these are just pure shite.

Oh and Freeman has to start on Saturday. Might have been a cameo but he was a spark tonight.
He beat his man, something none of our midfielders has done for a very long time.

Listening to his post match comments, 'we didn't attack the space in behind' why play sharp and didzy if that's what you're aiming for? 'shape not an issue' YES IT FUCKING IS

Listening to his post match comments, 'we didn't attack the space in behind' why play sharp and didzy if that's what you're aiming for? 'shape not an issue' YES IT FUCKING IS
Keeper has a ball for a goal kick, centre backs are stood next to him. He then launches the ball to halfway line.

How on earth are we going to get up the pitch and defend higher if the CBs are constantly on the edge or in our own fucking box.

If the keeper is launching it, the CBs need to be halfway between our box and the halfway line ready for knock downs and second balls. The shape from dead balls was awful.

How can you possibly think that? He's inherited a squad that is relegation fodder. We could hardly strung two passes together tonight
Heckingbottoms points total over a full seaon5would have kept us up

I'm gonna try and be optimistic here but the team selections seem experimental - exactly what you would do in pre-season friendlies. We didn't really have a proper pre-season so these first few matches he has to try what he can to see what works. Don't forget Fulham fans saying his teams start off slowly before everyone knows what they're supposed to do (and probably for Slav to figure out who can do what). He's seeing who can play in the positions for the formation he wants to play - just hope that we have enough time left with the transfer window to get people in that he now knows he needs (i.e. wingers/central mid/gk)

SJ ha shown no acumen for management at all so far. Utterly fucking clueless selections, tactics and substitutions.
Playing out from the back is just painting by numbers from the latest coaching craze. Ok if you’re dealing with the players that Pep or Klopp have but fuck me.

Compare with Ismael at West brom, same players as last season except mowatt, they knew what they were doing.
Not hard to understand his tactics though is it.

Get ball. Boot ball. Head ball. Chase ball. Repeat

Not hard to understand his tactics though is it.

Get ball. Boot ball. Head ball. Chase ball. Repeat
I agree, but it worked, but what are Slavs tactics at this moment? I don't know, I don't think the players do either.

To be fair when we were getting smashed he brought Burke on.

4-1-3-2

Olsen
Bogle - Egan - Davies - RND
Basham
Freeman - Berge - Brunt
Jebbison - McBurnie​

The problem is that will mean playing 3-5-2 and the likely result will be a solid team defensively that will struggle to score. Hardly the formula for promotion.

He needs to bring in his own players so he can play his own style. It’s the only chance we’ve got of success.
3-5-2 would create a lot more chances and more goals than this

Back
Top Bottom