Slav (again) from a Fulham Fan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I hear what you are saying… but some research over the summer might have helped. He was given the job at the end of May and had some time to review and and get rid of those who weren’t going to fit / weren’t good enough.
I genuinely had - and still have high hopes for SJ. I just wonder if he did sufficient research prior to the start of this season. We were on the tv every week last season so he had plenty of material to view.

Oh - he’s also called SLAVISA (there’s an L in there) 🤭
Who would have bought those who “weren’t going to fit” ?

Last edited:
The inconsistancy and defensive niavity is a massive worry. Inconsistancy comes from the non-exsistance of a defined system which we had under CW. Even if players wern't having a great game they would know where to be and what to do. Alan Knill's coaching would simply not have allowed the goal that happened yesterday at this level. To let an attacker be so alone from a punt like that was criminal.
So Slav has inherited a team that for five seasons played a specific way. He wants them to have them "thinking for themselves" and taking responsibility rather than follow the "CWAK" way.
Having discussed it with a mate of mine after the match there seems to be two choices. Either Slav swallows his pride and go reverts to 3.5.2 and utilise the Centre Halfs in attacking areas or a total rebuild which will take a time as the players at his disposal are not really suitable for what he wants. To try and use this squad (apart from Illiman and Gibbs White) would really be difficult due to age and ability.
Like Brexit despite the difficulties, the argument as to whether it was right or not is over as we can never go back due to position we would be in if we did. The same situation is with CWAK. The owner will not go back so it's therefore looking at what we have and revamping is the only way forward.
I think we have to trust Slav as he has form getting promotion but it is unlikely it will be this season. He needs two windows and hopefully remaining in this division as losing games like this has become a dangerous habit. If he needs wingers then we may have to wait until we can get them. Hopefully we can look forward to a better second half of the season and next season.
These players were crap at 3-5-2 last season , what makes you think they would be good playing it this season ?

Back
Top Bottom