Simo's attempted tip over

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Taylor is 20 times better than Hill

He really isn't. But he can distribute the ball much better. Against pacey wingers we're definitey better with Hill. Taylor is too slow for a modern day footballer - not that I'm arguing Hill is any good, because he's not.

Where's your avatar photo from, BTW?

UTB

Hill has the touch and passing of a Div2 centre half, while Taylor has the pace of one.

What a combo.

He really isn't. But he can distribute the ball much better. Against pacey wingers we're definitey better with Hill. Taylor is too slow for a modern day footballer - not that I'm arguing Hill is any good, because he's not.

Where's your avatar photo from, BTW?

UTB

It's from Steve Cowens book isn't it?

If you could combine Hill's work off the ball with Taylor's work on it, you might have a decent third tier left back. As it is, it's a choice between defensive and offensive capabilities.

Hill is woeful - absolutely, unequivocally woeful - when he's got the ball. He struggles with three yard passes. However, his tackling, pace and positioning are all far better than Taylor's. They can both leave in the summer and I won't be sad.

Cresswell should start tonight. I get the feeling that Wilson was saving him for the second leg as I don't think a 70% fit Cressy could make it through 60 mins on Friday and then possibly 120 tonight. I wanted Porter to do well on Friday but his first touch is abysmal and he's so painfully one-paced. A decent striker will look to move the defence about: feint long and drop short, make little runs across the centre-halves and so on; but Porter does nothing. Doesn't help that Stevenage's two centre-halves reverted to Westley mode and climbed all over him at every opportunity.

Hill is far better defensively than Taylor and is infinitely better in the air than Taylor.
Taylor is one paced and gets roasted too often. Hill needs the support of his left sided midfielder but at least has a "certain" amount of positional sense that Taylor seems to lack.
Taylor does have a very good left foot and crosses the ball well but he has to do the primary job first and foremost.
Hill has his boots on the wrong feet.
Hill is the lesser of two evils and should play at LB tonight.
Neither is anywhere near as good as LJF - who we have missed since his bad injury.

I could see the same line up for tonight's game as last Friday - not sure how well Cresswell is responding to treatment so he could be too large a risk for a starting place. DW may not risk starting him again tonight in case he gets crocked completely and cannot play in the final - should we make it.

Hill actually wasn't too bad last Friday, ok he shat himself near the end and turned and hoofed it into touch for no reason, but he wasnt beaten that many times, Wilson did come into the game a little more in the closing 15 mins but they were attacking alot more. I don't think the problem is Wilson its that Luke Freeman, when he was running at Lowton and Maguire we backed off and off. I do wish that people would close players down not backing off until they are inside the 18 yard box to make an attempt at a blocked shot or a tackle.

Simmo is shocking we all know it and that flap was useless and embarrassing, why keepers nowadays flap left to right i will never understand, all he needed to do was put an arm straight up and let the ball flick off the fingers, this waving at it is a sure way to miss the ball and look a complete tit.

Simmo is shocking we all know it and that flap was useless and embarrassing, why keepers nowadays flap left to right i will never understand, all he needed to do was put an arm straight up and let the ball flick off the fingers, this waving at it is a sure way to miss the ball and look a complete tit.

When i was at united academy we where always told to 'parry' the ball to the floor to 'take the sting out the shot'

When i was at united academy we where always told to 'parry' the ball to the floor to 'take the sting out the shot'
agreed when on the deck, but that was straight at him and if he had raised arm straight up would have been a comfortable save, but he flapped left to right and surely it is easy to miss the ball this way?

agreed when on the deck, but that was straight at him and if he had raised arm straight up would have been a comfortable save, but he flapped left to right and surely it is easy to miss the ball this way?
I have a feeling next season simmo won't been the starting keeper. Howard will.

Personally i don't like to see players out of position Quinn was given a central role having played on the left side all season, flynn was played on the left when he gives us more on the right, Porter was played up front when he clearly should be in the dressing room. Can't understand it sometimes.

I hope players are played in there natural position tonight and let them go out and do there job if we lose we weren't good enough, if we win were off to Wembley.

To be fair DP, Squinny and Willo both prefer to play in the middle and they've both ended up drifitng in and getting into goal scoring positions all season. Too much can be read into 'official' formations and a good team can adapt and change during the game.

I actually thought Squinny playing where he did also restricted them and I don't think they'd planned for it or had a plan B.

Whatever your feelings about Hill, Quinn, Simmo, Taylor, Hill, Flynn, Porter etc;

We need them.. I don't see the point in starting posts like this
why?? do you actually think that they give a flying fig what the fans think??

Back
Top Bottom