Sheffield United Intermediates

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

chimpchoker

Reaction score
I am writing a history of Hartlepool United Intermediates 1977 to 1986 & have drew a lot of blanks on games played away to both Sheffield United and Wednesday. Does anyone on this forum have anything for United v Hartlepool for this period ? Newspaper clippings/photos/team line up etc. I intend to publish a book and all contributors will be acknowledged no matter how much is sent. This history is like a smashed vase and am piecing it bit by bit, our local newspaper Hartlepool Mail was taken over by Johnson Press approx. 20 years ago and all admin was moved to Sheffield. As part of them closing our newspaper offices they hired in skips and sent archives/old papers/negatives & photos to the tip (the full shooting match). Our local reference library has micro-film copies of paper reports for quite a few of the home games but very little on the United/Wednesday away matches. As a side request aswell, Sheffield United were the last champions of the Intermediate League in 96/97 season and I would like to locate a photo of the trophy (as it appears to have gone off into thin air), possibly from a first team programme. If anyone can help even with bits of info. it would be much appreciated Cheers, - Dave Sutheran, Tel 07511014769 email [email protected].

Damn. Thought you were announcing a new singing section. A bit like the Ultras but not as hardcore. You have to wear a woollen sweater and the leader strums an acoustic guitar instead of banging a drum.

Where can I sign up?

Silent Blade should be able to help with this. As it’s the middle of the night in Sheffield, you probably need to be patient. Most were up late catching Satdi scores from the completion and the celebrations that followed.:)

I remember a pub called "The Clansman"

I think everyone that was in there still has a scar from the flying glass as every bottle, pint pot, table, chair, stool and window was destroyed

Silent Blade should be able to help with this. As it’s the middle of the night in Sheffield, you probably need to be patient. Most were up late catching Satdi scores from the completion and the celebrations that followed.:)
Dont do NIL matches am afraid. The below link may a bit helpful?

sharrowblade has the best site to look up Sheffield United Home and Away Programmes from 1889 to the present day.
Also has match tickets and season tickets etc, worth a look.

Back
Top Bottom