Second pre-season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

10-0 win

promotion
Reaction score
Feels like a second pre-season restarting, Huddersfield would be a 3 pointer a month ago,not sure if form comes into it now. Def feels like starting all over to me. Line ups unknown,opponent unknown. Will it be more like a new season starting? Thoughts!

Feels like a second pre-season restarting, Huddersfield would be a 3 pointer a month ago,not sure if form comes into it now. Def feels like starting all over to me. Line ups unknown,opponent unknown. Will it be more like a new season starting? Thoughts!
Like Rotherham was? They've had a month off too. Shouldn't be a problem for any club. All you ever hear is moan, moan, moan from managers about how tired the players are especially at Xmas, god I better nor fucking hear that from a championship manager this year.

Let’s hope we don’t fuck up like a normal 2 week international break even worse to be coming out of a four week one, we always seem to lack focus and also motivation after the the breaks…. It’s a massive r weeks for us…. Season defining so Hecky better have got them firing.

Is it right that we are crap after an international break. I know that is percieved wisdom on here, but they are often bollocks to be fair.

Roygbiv mattbianco1 ucandomagic SellyOakBlade and others with statistical abilities. can you or others provide an answer?

Is it right that we are crap after an international break. I know that is percieved wisdom on here, but they are often bollocks to be fair.

Roygbiv mattbianco1 ucandomagic SellyOakBlade and others with statistical abilities. can you or others provide an answer?

Our results following a 2 week break or more since 2017 is.....

Sunderland 1-2 Blades
Blades 1-0 Ipswich
Burton 1-3 Blades
Bristol City 1-0 Blades
Derby 2-1 Blades
Rotherham 2-2 Blades
Pigs 0-0 Blades
Blades 0-1 Southampton
Blades 1-0 Arsenal
Blades 3-3 Man Utd
Villa 0-0 Blades
Blades 1-1 Fulham
Blades 0-1 West Ham
Leeds 2-1 Blades
Blades 6-2 Peterborough
Blades 2-1 Stoke
Blades 0-0 Coventry
Fulham 0-1 Blades
Derby 2-0 Blades
Stoke 1-0 Blades
Blades 1-1 Birmingham

I think that's right anyway

Wow, placed amongst football royalty 🤩

I've no idea without properly checking but Roy seems to have provided anyway

Sunderland 1-2 Blades
Blades 1-0 Ipswich
Burton 1-3 Blades
Bristol City 1-0 Blades
Derby 2-1 Blades
Rotherham 2-2 Blades
Pigs 0-0 Blades
Blades 0-1 Southampton
Blades 1-0 Arsenal
Blades 3-3 Man Utd
Villa 0-0 Blades
Blades 1-1 Fulham
Blades 0-1 West Ham
Leeds 2-1 Blades
Blades 6-2 Peterborough
Blades 2-1 Stoke
Blades 0-0 Coventry
Fulham 0-1 Blades
Derby 2-0 Blades
Stoke 1-0 Blades
Blades 1-1 Birmingham

So that’s 21 games, by my reckoning it works out at
W7
D7
L7
You can prove anything you like with these facts 🤪

Sunderland 1-2 Blades
Blades 1-0 Ipswich
Burton 1-3 Blades
Bristol City 1-0 Blades
Derby 2-1 Blades
Rotherham 2-2 Blades
Pigs 0-0 Blades
Blades 0-1 Southampton
Blades 1-0 Arsenal
Blades 3-3 Man Utd
Villa 0-0 Blades
Blades 1-1 Fulham
Blades 0-1 West Ham
Leeds 2-1 Blades
Blades 6-2 Peterborough
Blades 2-1 Stoke
Blades 0-0 Coventry
Fulham 0-1 Blades
Derby 2-0 Blades
Stoke 1-0 Blades
Blades 1-1 Birmingham

Cheers Roygbiv Based on that, bacause I'm sure you are right and doing a bit of work myself, just to prove I'm not a totally lazy bastard.....

That is 1.33 points per game or around 61 points a season

Our overall performance across those seasons is 1.48 points per game, or around 68 points a season

So for once, the forum naysayers seem to be right. Our performance after a break is lower mid table rather than our average, upper mid table record across the season.

Heady stuff.

We are in good shape. Top two and some useful players, probably back from injury.

Experience probably skews perceived wisdom ...........

Sunderland 1-2 Blades
Blades 1-0 Ipswich
Burton 1-3 Blades
Bristol City 1-0 Blades
Derby 2-1 Blades
Rotherham 2-2 Blades
Pigs 0-0 Blades
Blades 0-1 Southampton
Blades 1-0 Arsenal
Blades 3-3 Man Utd
Villa 0-0 Blades
Blades 1-1 Fulham
Blades 0-1 West Ham
Leeds 2-1 Blades
Blades 6-2 Peterborough
Blades 2-1 Stoke
Blades 0-0 Coventry
Fulham 0-1 Blades
Derby 2-0 Blades
Stoke 1-0 Blades
Blades 1-1 Birmingham

Good work but needs a conclusion for those of us who can't be arsed to come up with our own.

Sunderland 1-2 Blades
Blades 1-0 Ipswich
Burton 1-3 Blades
Bristol City 1-0 Blades
Derby 2-1 Blades
Rotherham 2-2 Blades
Pigs 0-0 Blades
Blades 0-1 Southampton
Blades 1-0 Arsenal
Blades 3-3 Man Utd
Villa 0-0 Blades
Blades 1-1 Fulham
Blades 0-1 West Ham
Leeds 2-1 Blades
Blades 6-2 Peterborough
Blades 2-1 Stoke
Blades 0-0 Coventry
Fulham 0-1 Blades
Derby 2-0 Blades
Stoke 1-0 Blades
Blades 1-1 Birmingham

First

Good work but needs a conclusion for those of us who can't be arsed to come up with our own.
Fair play. So as another poster said that's 1.33 points per game, whereas over those past 5 years we've averaged 1.48.

Taking into account though that one of those seasons was bleedin awful and we averaged buggerall, and bearing in mind those bare stats don't take into account injuries, opposition, Covid, our form, who our manager was, what league we were in or owt else, and it all averages out as won, lost and drawn the same, I'd say it equates to who fuckin knows, wrap up, have a pint, enjoy the match, see what happens.

Fair play. So as another poster said that's 1.33 points per game, whereas over those past 5 years we've averaged 1.48.

Taking into account though that one of those seasons was bleedin awful and we averaged buggerall, and bearing in mind those bare stats don't take into account injuries, opposition, Covid, our form, who our manager was, what league we were in or owt else, and it all averages out as won, lost and drawn the same, I'd say it equates to who fuckin knows, wrap up, have a pint, enjoy the match, see what happens.
Definitely looks like some wins, draws and losses to me.

My concern after the last break was that we had a poor run of games, I can accept a rusty performance this weekend if we win the next few, we need to avoid the 3 or 4 poor results on the spin that we had after the last break.

Definitely looks like some wins, draws and losses to me.

My concern after the last break was that we had a poor run of games, I can accept a rusty performance this weekend if we win the next few, we need to avoid the 3 or 4 poor results on the spin that we had after the last break.
Aye it was bloody awful- not only plenty out but plenty playing half fit too. Hopefully the second half of the season, as others have said, the training ground helps us have fewer injuries and we get a few back, as when we've had a proper side out we've looked great.

Definitely more so in the Prem than Championship, I reckon this second half/part of the season will be a shitshow of injuries, knackeredness and running out of steam after the World Cup. Hopefully we've already had our share!

So that’s 21 games, by my reckoning it works out at
W7
D7
L7
You can prove anything you like with these facts 🤪
I hate to be the pessimist but under Heckingbottom I think it's

P5 W1 D1 L3

Not great, but a small sample size

Back
Top Bottom