Ryan Viggars

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BladeTillIDie

Reaction score
'Young Sheffield United forward Ryan Viggars is on trial at Premier League rivals Burnley.
The Clarets are casting an eye over the 17-year-old, who immediately impressed by scoring twice for their under-23s side on Monday.'

Strange 🤔

Maybe CW has decided that he now has far too many young 'uns to have warming the bench and not getting on the pitch.

'Young Sheffield United forward Ryan Viggars is on trial at Premier League rivals Burnley.
The Clarets are casting an eye over the 17-year-old, who immediately impressed by scoring twice for their under-23s side on Monday.'

Strange 🤔
Not unusual that we’d be allowing him to go on trial at other clubs to get fixed up if we’ve made the determination that he’s not going to get a long term pro deal with us. He’s certainly behind Hackford even though he’s a year older and Hackford is behind the regular under 23 lads. There’s probably not a pathway here for him GLTTL.

Strange 🤔
Albert Gilderworthy. Star of the future.

Phil how do you spot these things? Hes travelling around a bit trying to find a club. GLTTL
Sorry. Is that a genuine question as to how I spot these things. Well. That one. (Indeed most "ones") I don't spot myself. One arm of the Carrier Bag Firm are extremely interested in all that - where are they, what they doing, haven't seen him for a bit - shit. So. One of the CBF spot it, post it on all the private, obsessive message stuff we use. In this case, I've judged whether people on S2 4SU will see it, and be interested. And I've posted it here.
That does give me the chance to Big Up the CBF. They're fantastic, man. They just know stuff and where to find more of it. I've been around the block. The CBF who populate the Internet, (and I've posted recently that not all of them do), they are the most resourceful people I've ever met for finding information. I wish I could have hired them when I was still working. Genius.

True Story. Travis Binnion. When he was SUFC Academy Director. He spotted me at a game. And asked me whether the CBF knew the venue for a game which was coming up, because he & the club were a bit confused. Naturally, I knew, told him, Travis thanked me, and, consequently, the U18s turned up at the correct ground.
Love owt like that me

Last edited:
Ball_Sup (Phil) sorry if this has been asked before but is this a case of a [player looking for another club because he has likely been told he's going to be released or is this a case of a player wanting to move away for whatever reason?

Not unusual that we’d be allowing him to go on trial at other clubs to get fixed up if we’ve made the determination that he’s not going to get a long term pro deal with us. He’s certainly behind Hackford even though he’s a year older and Hackford is behind the regular under 23 lads. There’s probably not a pathway here for him GLTTL.
He's now behind Jebbison, Hackford, Osula, Lankshear, Capello, Ayari & Ndaiye with half of those being younger than him. He may make it at some level but I can understand United backing the others.

He's now behind Jebbison, Hackford, Osula, Lankshear, Capello, Ayari & Ndaiye with half of those being younger than him. He may make it at some level but I can understand United backing the others.
Yeah so can I it seems there’s a real crop of strikers at the club and they can’t all see the field.

Ball_Sup (Phil) sorry if this has been asked before but is this a case of a [player looking for another club because he has likely been told he's going to be released or is this a case of a player wanting to move away for whatever reason?
Hi mate. Main answer - we'll never know. However, in my experience, it would be very unusual for a young player like Ryan to try to engineer a move because he wants to. It's much more likely he & the club have had a gentle discussion and the club have suggested they won't be keeping him & they'd like to help him find somewhere else. He'd only want away if there's been a mad falling out, bullying, or something like that. This musical chairs with trialists towards the end of the season is common place. What is a bit unusual is that Ryan seems to have trialled at a Cat 1 Academy (Burnley) and Cat 2 (Charlton). It is rather unusual for a kid we release to try out in Cat 1 or 2. I can only recall Diego (Bristol City), Jo Cummings (Charlton) and Simeon Oure (Barnsley) in recent years. (Although I may have missed loads). I think we can judge that Ryan is rated, as other Academies appear to be looking at him. Rather than him trying in non league, or with an American College. Anyway. All of that is reasonably normal. And nothing to worry about. As others have pointed out. Kids give it a shot. Doesn't work out. They have to be helped to find another path. I first recall seeing Ryan in the Super Cup Northern Ireland in July 2017. Loved watching him as a player. Honest, scrapper, did the bits. See how he goes...

It is rather unusual for a kid we release to try out in Cat 1 or 2. I can only recall Diego (Bristol City), Jo Cummings (Charlton) and Simeon Oure (Barnsley) in recent years. (Although I may have missed loads)
One from last year

Keenan Ferguson profile, statistics and news | Tottenham Hotspur

Good call. I'd forgotten about Keenan. Mad that. He was actually in the SUFC Futures "sub Academy" programme. Got bumped up to the full on Academy. Released & then into the Spurs system... Mad
Just checked his stats. Played the first 2 games for their U23s and hasn't featured since.

Hi mate. Main answer - we'll never know. However, in my experience, it would be very unusual for a young player like Ryan to try to engineer a move because he wants to. It's much more likely he & the club have had a gentle discussion and the club have suggested they won't be keeping him & they'd like to help him find somewhere else. He'd only want away if there's been a mad falling out, bullying, or something like that. This musical chairs with trialists towards the end of the season is common place. What is a bit unusual is that Ryan seems to have trialled at a Cat 1 Academy (Burnley) and Cat 2 (Charlton). It is rather unusual for a kid we release to try out in Cat 1 or 2. I can only recall Diego (Bristol City), Jo Cummings (Charlton) and Simeon Oure (Barnsley) in recent years. (Although I may have missed loads). I think we can judge that Ryan is rated, as other Academies appear to be looking at him. Rather than him trying in non league, or with an American College. Anyway. All of that is reasonably normal. And nothing to worry about. As others have pointed out. Kids give it a shot. Doesn't work out. They have to be helped to find another path. I first recall seeing Ryan in the Super Cup Northern Ireland in July 2017. Loved watching him as a player. Honest, scrapper, did the bits. See how he goes...
Cheers Phil, appreciated. Hope he finds another club too if scheduled to be released.

Back
Top Bottom