RIP Dave Wickett (Bladesman) of Fat Cat / Champs / Kelham Island

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

munksyb

Reaction score
Dave was a Blade. & a great fella, he passed away yesterday

He Founded the Kelham Island Brewery , and owned the Fat Cat , he also had a 50% share of Champs.

You will be sorely missed mate.

I'll have a Pale Rider with you tonight

Agree he will be missed, probably the major reason we now have so many wonderful local beers from the small breweries, he blazed the trail.

This is a sad day for all ale lovers. It is sad that his life was taken from him a little prematurely, but I think we should celebrate his life and all the things he achieved. Economics lecturer, turned publican, turned brewer. Not only that but opening and running one of the best pubs in the country (ner mind just Sheffield) and a fantastic brewery that has produced a champion ale. The Fat Cat is a cracking ale house and (Kelham Island) Pale Rider is a benchmark for all pales ales. Light, smooht, hoppy and easy drinking, yet strong in volume and with a bit of a kick. It is the perfect ale to be drinking on a warm day.

We have Dave Wickett to thank for Sheffield having one of the best real ale havens in the whole country. I'll be drinking a pale rider when I am next in the Kelham Island area to not only commiserate, but to thank him for his significant contribution to making Sheffield a cracking real city.

Cheers!

Sup in Peace, Dave. A Blade and a real ale legend. You get a RAPFA lifetime achievement award.

Our minibus will travel to the Final and back fuelled by diesel: The passengers will be fuelled by bottles of your wonderful ales.

When we make the return journey in triumph, we shall salute the victory appropriately with a few of your "Pride of Sheffield".

I met Dave on the blades China tour. He was a top Blade.

RIP Dave it was a pleasure meeting you.

Oh no I have just read this, that's terrible, I knew he was ill but it is still a shock. Love the Fat Cat, Devonshire Cat etc. So sorry to hear it. RIP Dave, we will raise a few glasses next Saturday when down at Kelham Island.

Very sad news..Not a real ale fan, but even I knew what a contribution he's made to Sheffield..RIP Mr Wickett

Back
Top Bottom