Programme Review - Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Russ

Ladies. For a good time ring 07939...
Reaction score
IMG_20210522_143107.jpg

I always like to get the final programme of the season for some reason. Perhaps it's because it's got all the scores and appearances listed for the season. I remember the Chesterfield championship programme sold out and the club ended up getting a second run printed to sell a few days later.

A couple of interesting stats - all our last four victories have been 1-0 scorelines. The last time we scored two goals in a game was on 2nd January versus West Brom. Enough said.

Interesting articles in the programme include;

Interview with Paul Beesley, he speaks about that late equalising goal against Burnley at the start of the 1992-93 cup run to the semi final against the pigs.

Article by John Garrett about the actual ball the club owns from our 1899 FA Cup Final.

There's "Pictures of My Blades Career" with Phil Jagielka. It's amazing that it's just over 21 years since his first appearance.

A few things I noted with the programme.

The page numbers are all over the place. The second page is Page 67. Page 4 and 5, Heckingbottom's notes, are two thirds of the way through! Maybe someone dropped all the pages on the floor and quickly shoved them back without sorting them! Perhaps this makes it a collector's item?

The front cover has a blotchy background. I thought I'd spilt something on it!

It's somewhat ironic it says UTB on it. Do we really need the programme to say that. We all know what UTB means. I used to like "Blades Review". Or maybe just SUFC would be better.

Don't forget to grab one.

Yes the programme has all the pages the wrong way round. Heckys notes near the end. Contents in the middle. Starts at Page 67! Sums up the season really

I bought mine online once I secured a ticket thinking there might be a rush on at the ground 🙄

Thought I just had a misprint or they'd got the Star to the last one of the season.

Wonder if they'll do a reprint...

I subscribed for the full season and received my Burnley programme on friday and I hadn't opened it so I didn't know there was problems with production.When I got home from work yesterday I was surprised to see a replacement programme posted through the door. Thanks United for looking after the fans again, you don't get much praise so here's some from me.

I subscribed for the full season and received my Burnley programme on friday and I hadn't opened it so I didn't know there was problems with production.When I got home from work yesterday I was surprised to see a replacement programme posted through the door. Thanks United for looking after the fans again, you don't get much praise so here's some from me.
The original 'faulty' copies will be worth millions, that's my retirement sorted!!

Attachments

• IMG_20210527_131310.jpg
    IMG_20210527_131310.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
Ignition are really good, a while back I didn't get the Newcastle program, sent them an email, they replied within an hour and I had it within a couple of days, and this without even asking.

Same here, dn5.

Disinterest had set in to such an extent, that I hadn’t bothered to even look at the copy that arrived last week. Only realised that something was amiss when a second one turned up in the post yesterday.

Same with me, thought i was cracking up (tough couple of weeks) when I saw the unopened copy back on the table having moved it... Turns out it was a second one.

Back
Top Bottom