Plymouth v Blades 1980 - goals

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was only 9 but remember the pigs on the top half of the kop with the police down the side.

Despite my age I had a fascination about all that kind of stuff. Unless my memory is playing tricks it seemed like more then 500 of the grunts to me but certainly nowhere near 5k, typical delusion from them
there used to be a railing on left hand side of the kop they were the other side of that always thought they were nearer the bottom though

Maybe you’re right then.

Was only 9 but thought they were at the top nearest South Stand

Maybe you’re right then.

Was only 9 but thought they were at the top nearest South Stand
not certain really but do know when they made themselves heard hundreds of blades fans moved down from centre of kop towards them and did hear after that it was only the police surrounding them that saved em after currans equaliser

The famous more pigs in ground then blades no idea what our average was that season but I know we had a few 20000 + attendances so pretty sure the would have been over 23000 blades there ,The game itself my memory was they had the whole bit of uncovered kop might be wrong and at half time the kop was singing Jackie Charlton's fucked it up again and the pigs were singing back weres your barmy army now

The famous more pigs in ground then blades no idea what our average was that season but I know we had a few 20000 + attendances so pretty sure the would have been over 23000 blades there ,The game itself my memory was they had the whole bit of uncovered kop might be wrong and at half time the kop was singing Jackie Charlton's fucked it up again and the pigs were singing back weres your barmy army now
they also had the whole of the west side terrace but they were looking good for promotion they had about 20k there but we had 15 to 20k there at the swill on that disastrous day 😫

I was sat on row d kop end of the south stand. they were wendy's fans on the open part of the kop. and we at it for most of the match. the west part of john street was given to them could never understand why they did that. maybe a police request or summat. Bramall lane stand held 15,000.3,000 seated and the rest standing. I would estimate 3k scum on that part. of John street stand. I would estimate 20,000 wendy fans in the ground in total.
That leaves 25,000 Blades. however, backhanders to turnstile operators. we know it went on.so I think more than 45,000 in the ground.in my humble opinion anyway.

I was sat on row d kop end of the south stand. they were wendy's fans on the open part of the kop. and we at it for most of the match. the west part of john street was given to them could never understand why they did that. maybe a police request or summat. Bramall lane stand held 15,000.3,000 seated and the rest standing. I would estimate 3k scum on that part. of John street stand. I would estimate 20,000 wendy fans in the ground in total.
That leaves 25,000 Blades. however, backhanders to turnstile operators. we know it went on.so I think more than 45,000 in the ground.in my humble opinion anyway.
yes im sure your right about the attendance figure lots of official crowd figures in the 80s and 90s looked way too low

If memory serves, he ended up visiting all 92 grounds at least 5 times. He was featured in "Shoot" magazine in the 1980s.

By which time he'd moved to 165 Turdsquasher Street, Lambeth EC6 5TT. He wasn't there long, because my the end of the decade he flitted to 23 Carol Kirkwood's Big Old Milkers* Avenue, Coventry.

*(c) Carlton Blade

pommpey

Silent Blade.was the official attendance just over 45,,000 or was just over 42,000.at the time they seemed to be a bit of confusion over it if I remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom