Players who improve the more they don't play

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Champagneblade

Reaction score
It struck me when making a suggestion how a period out of the team doesn't half improve your standing when others around you are failing to do their bit.

Some good current examples:

Wes Foderingham. League One Wes was the player we didn't need. A pointless Wilder signing. Step forward Michael Verrips vs West Brom and Robin Olsen vs a few teams and now Wes is your man.

Ben Davies. He certainly looked a bit meh under Slav early on. Settled down ok I'd say since we went to a back 3. But who is counting down the days after 2 Robbo appearances and 2 defeats with him being at fault for setting the tone vs Wolves and hardly covering himself in glory for Derby's second.

Regan Slater. He must have started the season about 7th or 8th choice centre mid. After seeing Berge and Norwood today he's already in my XI for the next game!

Rhian Brewster. A couple of goals in otherwise 6/10 performances and the social media team are all over 'lool whose back'.

Sander Berge. Remember we couldn't buy a win with him in the team. He must have a won/loss record comparable to Lundstram in 17/18 season when he stepping in for Coutts. Out he pops after injury and he's the guy who will tear up the Championship eh?

Any more who disappeared from view, only to rise to the top as the apparent returning savior they were then eventually proven not to be? 😉

Back
Top Bottom