Perspective

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Millhousesblade1889

Reaction score
Let’s put some perspective on this, I’m as annoyed as most with last night, we were garbage, but we all need to chill out inc me! 😂

Norwich first 5 games last season - WDLLW

Brentford - LWDLW (also lost to BHam 1-0 first game)

Sheffield Wednesdays - WDLDW

It’s one result. Let’s calm down.

Today is a new day, let’s beat Carlisle and get the confidence back. Slav will have learned more from last night than anyone

Let’s put some perspective on this, I’m as annoyed as most with last night, we were garbage, but we all need to chill out inc me! 😂

Norwich first 5 games last season - WDLLW

Brentford - LWDLW (also lost to BHam 1-0 first game)

Sheffield Wednesdays - WDLDW

It’s one result. Let’s calm down.

Today is a new day, let’s beat Carlisle and get the confidence back. Slav will have learned more from last night than anyone
Don't try and be logical on this forum.

It doesn't suite some of the idiots that turn up after an defeat.

Don't try and be logical on this forum.

It doesn't suite some of the idiots that turn up after an defeat.
As sad as it sounds I couldn’t sleep with frustration last night, it felt like minutes disappeared during the game with nothing happening.

But we do have to realise we’ve not had a pre-season & Berge, Fleck, Ramsdale, Sharp, McBurnie have only had between 1-3 weeks training. Slavs had 1 game vs Doncaster to get a team together.

We could easily have 0 points after 3 games, but the leagues not good enough for teams to run away from us.

The pressure is on the board to get those names over the line this week and strengthen the positions that have needed sorting for nearly a year.

I think back to when Dave Weir was manager.

Like Slavisa Jukanovic, Weir was calm, softly spoken and spoke about his philosophy of playing attractive passing football.
I remember thinking he’s a new manager and needs to get off to a good start to build confidence in the new style.

Our first game was a night match at home to Notts County. Iike yesterday I was excited and didn’t know what to expect.
We played a nice passing game, looking impressive in a 2-1 win using Kevin McDonald in a quarter back style roll pulling the strings.

I was really optimistic for the forth coming season, then we discovered McDonand had a release clause in his contract
meaning he couldn’t refuse a offer received from Wolves. So McD was sold.

Weir continued to play nice passing football but we failed to win another match and he was sacked.

My point is you can’t judge how a season will progress based on the 1st match.
Also people need to be aware that we‘ve not had a proper pre season with some players catching covid and the Norwich game being cancelled.

Bumped Thread. Just what we need....

Anyway, yes we aren't good enough, yes the Owner has shafted us via recruitment/sales, yes CW is doing no better then PH, yes we're just cannon fodder, yes teams from days gone would have battles harder than this lot and yes we were 100% relegated by Xmas. BUT, to those that are bemoaning last night as the straw than broke the camels back. We're not a special case. This current Arsenal team are playing a different game to most of the league:

1709626452555.png

Bumped Thread. Just what we need....

Anyway, yes we aren't good enough, yes the Owner has shafted us via recruitment/sales, yes CW is doing no better then PH, yes we're just cannon fodder, yes teams from days gone would have battles harder than this lot and yes we were 100% relegated by Xmas. BUT, to those that are bemoaning last night as the straw than broke the camels back. We're not a special case. This current Arsenal team are playing a different game to most of the league:

View attachment 180147
Now do the same for Brighton and Villa.

Back
Top Bottom