Panini World Cup sticker album 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

brownblade

Reaction score
Picked one up for my 4yr old this afternoon, who I'm currently brain washing (very successfully) into a love of football (Blades first and foremost).

I was driving home as he tried to find Norrington-Davies and Ndiaye's names in the album.

He couldn't find them. I figured they're tricky names.

At home I got it inside and had a look... I'm appalled to tell you these lads are not Panini World Cup stickers.

The backlash starts here. #BURNPANINIHQ

Note: I told him before he even knew what the thing was, that we cannot afford to buy any of the stickers - we'll draw the players.

Picked one up for my 4yr old this afternoon, who I'm currently brain washing (very successfully) into a love of football (Blades first and foremost).

I was driving home as he tried to find Norrington-Davies and Ndiaye's names in the album.

At home I got it inside and had a look... I'm appalled to tell you these lads are not Panini World Cup stickers.

Note: I told him before he even knew what the thing was, that we cannot afford to buy any of the stickers - we'll draw the players.
I read that it will cost around 2 grand to fill the panini world cup book… get those pencils out

You'd think it would have been released when the squads were named 🤔

You'd think it would have been released when the squads were named 🤔

It's impossible to wait for the squads to be announced as there wouldn't be time to get it printed and shipped.

They take a best guess of the squads based on the last 12 months and go from there.

It's not done and dusted though, where fringe players become more prominent they issue an update pack during the tournament, which is easy to buy direct from Panini. For example, if Connor Roberts doesn't make the final Wales squad and RND plays every game, he will likely be given a sticker. You'd then put it in the book in place of Connor Roberts.

As it stands there are 6 defenders in the Wales squad with more caps than RND and Ndiaye has only played 25 mins of international football so is still way down the pecking order. They usually only print 18 players from each squad so there will be some players missing out.

It's easy and very cheap to buy single stickers from eBay so you can always get the Blades players that way. Happy to help with that if needed.

The Women's Euros collection was even more unusual as all the teams weren't even known by the time Panini went to print, due to Russia being kicked out late and UEFA taking their time to decide what to do. There was also no overall update pack, so no Alessia Russo (one of the best English players of the tournament) as she only had 2 caps before this year, or Ada Hegerberg (former Ballon d'Or winner) as she came back from an ACL injury earlier than expected.

I read that it will cost around 2 grand to fill the panini world cup book… get those pencils out

It's a load of bollocks. Those articles are the most predictable thing to come around every World Cup or Euros.

After spending £120 you'll have 670 stickers, which is how many the book contains. Keep the unique ones and swap the duplicates. Plenty of websites available to help with swapping. Obviously not everyone can throw £120 at it, but it's very different to the figures in these articles.

They always make the calculations based on not swapping, so it comes out to a sensational amount to put in their clickbait shite.

It's impossible to wait for the squads to be announced as there wouldn't be time to get it printed and shipped.

They take a best guess of the squads based on the last 12 months and go from there.

It's not done and dusted though, where fringe players become more prominent they issue an update pack during the tournament, which is easy to buy direct from Panini. For example, if Connor Roberts doesn't make the final Wales squad and RND plays every game, he will likely be given a sticker. You'd then put it in the book in place of Connor Roberts.

As it stands there are 6 defenders in the Wales squad with more caps than RND and Ndiaye has only played 25 mins of international football so is still way down the pecking order. They usually only print 18 players from each squad so there will be some players missing out.

It's easy and very cheap to buy single stickers from eBay so you can always get the Blades players that way. Happy to help with that if needed.

The Women's Euros collection was even more unusual as all the teams weren't even known by the time Panini went to print, due to Russia being kicked out late and UEFA taking their time to decide what to do. There was also no overall update pack, so no Alessia Russo (one of the best English players of the tournament) as she only had 2 caps before this year, or Ada Hegerberg (former Ballon d'Or winner) as she came back from an ACL injury earlier than expected.

It's a load of bollocks. Those articles are the most predictable thing to come around every World Cup or Euros.

After spending £120 you'll have 670 stickers, which is how many the book contains. Keep the unique ones and swap the duplicates. Plenty of websites available to help with swapping. Obviously not everyone can throw £120 at it, but it's very different to the figures in these articles.

They always make the calculations based on not swapping, so it comes out to a sensational amount to put in their clickbait shite.
Post of the season award, goes to you, sir/madam.👍

I wasn't shocked they didn't have stickers (there's only 20 players per nation as well).... However I am absolutely disgusted.

N.B. Saw Kieran Maguire did some sums estimating £800+ quid to buy all the stickers (including duplicates, excluding swapping).

Highly intrigued about your £120 theory, but I still can't afford that for stickers.

I wasn't shocked they didn't have stickers (there's only 20 players per nation as well).... However I am absolutely disgusted.

N.B. Saw Kieran Maguire did some sums estimating £800+ quid to buy all the stickers (including duplicates, excluding swapping).

Highly intrigued about your £120 theory, but I still can't afford that for stickers.
If every time you get a duplicate, you swap it with someone for a sticker you need, you’ll have completed the book when you’ve bought 670 stickers, which would cost £120.

That is as unlikely as swapping no stickers and spending £800+, an average spend would be somewhere in between.

If every time you get a duplicate, you swap it with someone for a sticker you need, you’ll have completed the book when you’ve bought 670 stickers, which would cost £120.

That is as unlikely as swapping no stickers and spending £800+, an average spend would be somewhere in between.

I'd say 90%+ of people who complete a collection do it this way. Nobody keeps spending after they've bought 700+ stickers.

Someone who is intending to complete it from day 1 can also cut corners by buying in bulk, as some places will run a promotion to buy a 100-packet box for £80 or something like that.

Anyway brownblade you might want to look at the online version. It seems to be a 'virtual' sticker album where you can open a free 'packet' each day. I'm not an expert on that but it could easily be something a young un will be interested in without having to shell out. You can take a look here:

I'd say 90%+ of people who complete a collection do it this way. Nobody keeps spending after they've bought 700+ stickers.

Someone who is intending to complete it from day 1 can also cut corners by buying in bulk, as some places will run a promotion to buy a 100-packet box for £80 or something like that.

Anyway brownblade you might want to look at the online version. It seems to be a 'virtual' sticker album where you can open a free 'packet' each day. I'm not an expert on that but it could easily be something a young un will be interested in without having to shell out. You can take a look here:

That digital suggestion is fantastic, thank you! Looks a good app at first glance, btw.

Although I'm trying to discourage phone use for the 4yr old, this might be well worth it. Also could "copy" the drawings into the album for double the fun, possibly.

N.B. Let us STILL be outraged at the Blades players omissions, regardless of how logical and practical their omissions may be. #PaniniSham #PaniniOut

The app appears to have half the stickers of the traditional paper album. But that's probably for the best on a kids screentime.

My grandson is football mad as long as he’s playing it.
He’s been to BDTBL once (he just fidgeted about) & he’s not got the patience to sit darn & watch it on the telly.
Thanks to brownblade and Panini though, I’ve got a couple of ideas how to get him more involved in the beautiful game.
The actual/virtual sticker books are defo worth a try & trying to entice him into watching some of the TV footy-fest this winter are both on the cards.
Thanks chaps.

My grandson is football mad as long as he’s playing it.
He’s been to BDTBL once (he just fidgeted about) & he’s not got the patience to sit darn & watch it on the telly.
Thanks to brownblade and Panini though, I’ve got a couple of ideas how to get him more involved in the beautiful game.
The actual/virtual sticker books are defo worth a try & trying to entice him into watching some of the TV footy-fest this winter are both on the cards.
Thanks chaps.
The paper album is free and has space to write the scores in, as well as some facts - depending on child's age.

Loads of daytime kickoffs in the world cup to have on TV.

I'm thinking of getting a cheap world cup wallchart as well, as my boy will love looking at the fixtures and filling in the results.

The u21 match on Thursday with Brewster was the longest he's watched a match, by a long way. Normally manages 10/20 minutes. He loves Rhian Brewster though.

The virtual sticker album is all well and good, but half the appeal is getting cross at my kids for not putting the sticker exactly within the lines.

I wasn’t interested or even considered buying a sticker book for the WC. After reading this thread, I'm now trying to see sense and resist buying a box of 100 sticker packs..

They’d sold out of panini in McColls, so I went for a rival selection called the ‘pounani yearbook 2022’…

So far I can tell you that there are no stickers to be found, but Anel seems to appear quite frequently.

Just a quick follow-up as I've only just seen the official update pack (I didn't collect this one).

Unfortunately Ndiaye didn't make it. Bear in mind some very significant players didn't make the first cut and only made it on the update (Dybala, Giroud, Musiala) it's inevitable.

Next time!

Just a quick follow-up as I've only just seen the official update pack (I didn't collect this one).

Unfortunately Ndiaye didn't make it. Bear in mind some very significant players didn't make the first cut and only made it on the update (Dybala, Giroud, Musiala) it's inevitable.

Next time!
Indeed, no Blades in the sticker album. We didn't do the digital one.

My 4yr old son drew a few players, but literally a handful. Notably he drew Rhian Brewster for the England squad as he's his favourite footballer.

I got my 15yo lad the Panini album and starter pack for the WC, hoping he would be inspired by me successfully collecting all stickers for the 2022 Tour de France Panini album.

Turns out it is absolutely no inspiration whatsoever, apart from inspiring him to make better life decisions than his Dad. He didn't even unwrap it!

On a slightly related note, my son particularly liked filling in a world cup wallchart. I'm looking for a similar thing for Blades fixtures (this season) but no sign of anything anywhere.

I may have to try and mock one up (and remember how to use printers at work!) unless anyone has a better suggestion....?

Wtf did you do for the first 3 years bb?

Mine had his first calf tat for his second birthday!
Can't afford tattoos. I did try to get one on his chest saying "Wilder forever" when he was about 1. A home-made thing, you know, with biro ink and a burning hot needle.

But the little cry baby was screaming so much I gave up. Just says "Wild", which may age better on reflection.

Back
Top Bottom